29th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

29th

mornin all bank holiday over here today,so nothing going on work wise ..except for sales ..everywhere you look there seem to be sales,sofas chairs tellys..all the crap the shops want to ditch before the chrimbo stock!nice n sunny today,brew time then into the garden I go...

not really a lot o catch up on..did most of it last night...Sam havent seen you for a wee whiley ..you ok friend?

hope everyone has a great day today...

Emergency Call
    operator: 111 what's your emergency?
    me: yes hi need some help please
    operator: ok what seems to be the problem?
    me: two girls are fighting over me
    operator: and what is your emergency?
    me: the ugly one is winning.

THE PERFECT HUSBAND!!
    Several men are in the locker room of a golf club. A mobile phone on a bench rings and a man engages the hands-free speaker function and begins to talk. Everyone else in the room stops talking… MAN:"Hello"
    WOMAN: "Hi Honey, it's me. Are you at the club?"
    MAN: "Yes."
    WOMAN: "I'm at the shops now and found this beautiful leather coat. It's only £2,000. Is it OK if I buy it?"
    MAN: "Sure, go
    ahead if you like it that much."
    WOMAN:"I also stopped by the Lexus dealership and saw the new models. I saw one I really liked."
    MAN:"How much?"
    WOMAN: "£50,000."
    MAN: "OK, but for that price I want it with all the options."
    WOMAN: "Great!
    Oh, and one more thing... I was just talking to Kate and found out that the house I wanted last year is back on the market. They're asking £980,000 for it."
    MAN: "Well, then go ahead and make an offer of £900,000. They'll probably take it. If not, we can go the extra eighty-thousand if it's what you really want."
    WOMAN: "OK. I'll see you later! I love you so much!"
    MAN: "Bye!
    I love you, too."
    The man hangs up. The other men in the locker room are staring at him in astonishment, mouths wide open.
    He turns and asks, "Anyone know who owns this phone?

I said to my wife, "lets go out to eat tonight." She came back with the classic, "I have nothing to wear" reply. So I said to her, "just wear what you had on the last time we went out, you looked beautiful." So there we were in the local steak house, me in jeans and a T shirt, and her in her wedding dress!..

My wife used to #headbutt me , in the face when she had an orgasm.............
    I didn't mind so much until I found out she was faking them.

Be careful if you're thinking of getting a rescue cat.
    My grandma had one. She slipped and fell one day and the cat literally sat there and did nothing.
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Good Monday morning Abbers!

Looks like another hot & humid day shaping up around here, oh well.
    Not much going on around here either Mick. I will be going to Curves then will pack up a few things for an overnight getaway with my girls - short but fun I hope. Granddaughter starts Kindergarten on Thursday so we can't stay at the beach any longer.

Hello to the rest of the crew & hoping everyone has a fabulous AF day!

Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Mae everybody, haha,the perfect husband joke is hilarious slept weird again yippie, hope we all have a great Monday
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

MAE all, Pauly I agree on the perfect husband joke. Sounds like the kind of prank Mick might play on one of his mates.

PQ, a 46 degree day sounds darn delightful right about now. Lav, enjoy your beach getaway. Not much cooking here in Pieland.

Comment

MAE ALL...

Mick...thanks for starting us off this morning. Our bank holiday is next Monday.

Not much happening around here either. Had a frustrating day at work so am going to veg now.
          Shout out to everyone....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Happy unhung Monday ABeroooos!

Mick, an 800 year old penny is pretty damn cool. Hope it hasn't depreciated any.
            Great funnies!

Lav, off to the beach tomorrow then?

PQ, Dr Det says it's time for chocolate and a comedy.

46C is way to hot for moi. I do good in fall or spring weather.

this spirulina powder is an amazing coloring agent. I put a spoonful in a glass of OJ and it turned it bright green. yowsa.

got a cheery note for the IRS today so it looks like canned tuna for a while longer. egad. Thankfully I'm moving to a F2F interview for a sales job on Wed. A sales job that's only in my home town that is I'll keep doing photo gigs as a paying hobby and when that gets big enough hopefully I'll do it full time. Anyway that's my evil plan.

Read some interesting articles on the positive mental effects of weight/resistance training. Neat stuff. That motivated me to hit the weight bench and I must say I feel better already Even folks starting weight training in their late 80's are getting very good results including return of memory function. Interesting.

Sam, you stuck out in the boonies somewhere?

cheers to Pie, SF, Pauly and any other stragglers

be well
            nosce te ipsum
            (Know Thyself)

Comment

Originally posted by Determinator View Post
              PQ, Dr Det says it's time for chocolate and a comedy.

46C is way to hot for moi. I do good in fall or spring weather.
              Thanks Doctor...went with crackers, cheese, shrimp, avocado and NCIS :sohappy:
              It was 46F - 7C!!
              I feel your pain, re IRS, mine will happen in March!
              Sales job??? Have we heard about this? Fingers crossed!
              "Photos's by DET" is the entrepreneur I see in you, the sales job will pay the bills till you get there.

Comment

Husband' surgery went fine. It's the recovery that is tough. He had two hernias, which I think if it had been one he would be in better shape. It is amazing how they ship you in at 7a and have you out the door promptly at 3p. I'm guessing they get you out of there before the really good drugs wear off. He has been a little too lax with his use of his bell he brought out. At one point I suggested we watch the movie "Misery". It did reduce the bell ringing.

Start in the new department on Wednesday. I guess my main team leader had a heart attack over the weekend. He is only 30 years old---I only know because I had to check his ID--I guess it was minor but that has to be scary to be so young.

Pie...glad you posted here about the thoughts. It is freaking amazing how one can go along and think.....I have absolutely no desire for a drink or even its effects....then something triggers it. Although I can concur with Pauly.....the reality never lives up to the imagination.

Lav--have a great time at the beach! It's been scorching days here, but at least the humidity hasn't been too awful. Although I did refuse to go grocery shopping until 7p because it was to dang hot to be out in it. Heat can absolutely drain the life out of me quickly.

Good luck on the job Det! I was putting a scoop of my "vibrant greens" in my smoothies. Now I just do a shot of them in the morning. I do like how they make me feel.

Glad I'll be away from the wine aisle. I stopped in with my son to pick a few things up....as we walked past the wine aisle he said, "Jesus, do people drink this much wine? That is just crazy!" I know he also noticed the other displays all over the store. I hadn't really thought about it.....but, it is a rather large amount of real estate the store has given to it. It even makes the local wine shops look like they barely carry anything.

Hopefully I can get to bed early tomorrow night. I need to be up by 430a and my sleep has been all over the place. I will take tired over hungover any day
                Last edited by TheSunFlower97; August 30, 2016, 01:34 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X