2nd sept

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2nd sept

mornin all....at least it wiz when I got up....how is everyone today then?Had it in my head that I had to go and pick the outlaws up tonight...rechecked last night ..just as well..picked them up from the airport at 2am this mornin..got home about 3am ..a wee bit tired,plus Julie isnt so well.Chicken broth and a chuckie egg for her then!

ok brew time ...here we go then...

see there are a few of you expecting hurricanes coming in ...batten down the hatches...Lav get that greenhouse secured!!

I stumbled into bed last night,
    she said "You're drunk!"
    I said "AND??"
    She said "You live next fcking door!!

Paddy buys a bath but takes it back the next day complaining that the water keeps running out.
    The manager asks, "did you buy a plug?"
    Paddy says, " You never said it was electric!"

I saw my GP this morning, he said iv'e got Paranoia
    Well he didn't say it
    but i knew what he was thinking!!

What's got 88 eyes and 1 tooth?... The front row of a Willie Nelson concert.

I've just taken out the batteries on my carbon monoxide alarm as the beeping was giving me a head ache and making me feel sick

A stockboy is stacking fruit on a display, when a lady asks "Do you have any potatoes? "
    The stockboy replies "Sorry ma'am, we are out of potatoes, but we will be getting a shipment tomorrow morning"
    The lady looks around some more. A few mins later she runs back to him asking where the potatoes are.
    The stockboy confused about her mental state simply tells her "Sorry ma'am, we are out of potatoes, but we will be getting a shipment tomorrow morning"
    The lady looks around some more then goes back to the same stockboy and asks "Where the hell do you keep the potatoes, I need some potatoes right now!"
    The stockboy, getting frustrated with his inability to explain the situation, tells the lady "Answers a couple of questions and I will get you your potatoes from the back."
    The lady agrees and the man starts the questions.
    "Spell cat for me, as in catastrophe " she says Ok, "C A T". "Very good!" the stockboy says, "now spell dog, as in dogmatic. "
    The lady getting frustrated spells it correct. Now the employee finally asks "now spell, Feck, as in potatoes. "
    She replies "There is no Feck in potatoes?"
    To which the stockboy replies "THAT'S WHAT I'VE BEEN TRYING TO TELL YOU THE WHOLE TIME!"

I'm reading a book about anti-gravity. It's impossible to put down.

I was walking down the street the other day and I saw these two blind blokes squaring up to fight. I shouted "My money's on the one with the knife."
    You should have seen how fast they both ran off.

14212031_1374078315955245_2037090287190888314_n.jpg
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

MAE all, Mick your chuckie egg comment sent me to Google. A computer game? Mebbe it means something else in Mickland? Best to Julie in any event. The Willie Nelson joke is my pick of the day.

Hurricane Hermine is not headed this way; hope our east coast friends fare well.

I had a tooth extracted Tuesday, and the pain meds knocked me for a loop. Completely eradicated my wistfulness about drinking. Bleh! Felt like a two-day hangover; I should have gone without.

Happy Friday my peeps!

Comment

morning all
      looks like I need to glance at the weather! hurricanes?? All I know is today is beauuuuuuutiful Thanks for the brew Mick. Now I have a super hero I can relate to!

How do Pi? hope you're feeling better. This dentistry thing sounds catching.

Got my 'veying hat on today. Water is my friend!

hope everyone is doing well
      Sam
      Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Mae everybody, Mick hope Julie feels better quick, you try and get some rest too Pie,agreed on the Willie Nelson joke also the carbon monoxide one haha!! I HATE feeling out of it too,so why would I accept alcohol when any other drugs scared the shit outta me??? Sam,one of the storms off of Hawaii is named Lester,dunno why they give these storms such nerdy names sometimes, finally slept a little longer than usual this morning, figures on the days I don't have to work and be sharp I can sleep, Det how'd the interview go? Maybe you mentioned it and I missed it,anyway much love to all,hope we all have a great day
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

chuckie egg is a boiled egg in a mug chopped up into tiny pieces then butter, salt and pepper is added. hope you have got over the dentist job..Im back there on wednesday
          af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Thanks for explaining about the chuckie egg, Mick. That sounds very tasty. Yes, I'm DONE with tooth work for the foreseeable future, and am monumentally relieved to have the problem tooth GONE. I'm not at all averse to dental care, and have spent many, many hours "in the chair" over the years. Just had had enough in this case. No regrets.

Best to you on Wednesday. You must be getting close to the finish line, yes?

Comment

I just had some hard boiled eggs for breakfast - I'm sorry I didn't read this sooner. Chuckie eggs sound delicious.
              First, a man takes a drink, then the drink takes a drink, then the drink takes the man. --Chinese proverb

Comment

Originally posted by Mick View Post
                Julie isnt so well.Chicken broth and a chuckie egg for her then!

So which comes first Mick - Chicken Broth or Chuckie Egg ? geddit ? :haha:

Comment

Good afternoon Abbers,

It really is a beautiful day here ahead of the storm. Trying to get things secured so the wind doesn't do too much damage. We're up on a hill so flooding isn't usually an issue.
                  Mick, I hope Julie feels better by now. Next time I need a ride from the airport I know who to call, ha ha!

Sam, TS/Hurricane Hermine made landfall in Florida at 2 am & is now working it's way up the coast. Where have you been Dude?? Lol, stay safe!

Pie, I hope you are feeling much better now too!

Pauly, have yourself a good day!

Hello to aihfl & satz!

Have a wonderful AF rest of the day kids

Lav
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09
                  Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

MAE ALL...now I want a Chuckie Egg!!!

Mick...thanks for kicking us off this morning. The heavens have opened up and it pouring right now. Lots of thunder & lightening going on. When the boss left he said walk me out. First time that's happened. He had a really rough day yesterday, pre-op with the surgeons. Apparently the cancer has spread and is now into his lungs. They are going to go ahead with removing some of his colon and then decide what to do about the lungs after. He figures his recovery is going to take a lot longer now.

Pi...I've been fighting a toothache for a couple of days now. I figure it's you and Mick's fault. I'm going to ask for a straight extraction. No more of these root canals.

Shout out to everyone else.....going to get the rest of the wedding setup and then head out early........:smile:PPQP

Comment

Ahoy, Aihfl and Satz! Feels like we're chatting over the garden fence today.

PQ, it's been determined 'round here that everything is actually Sam's wife's fault, so Mick and I are off the hook! I believe that advanced dentistry has much to offer, but just because something is medically possible doesn't make it the right choice for me in every situation. Sorry to hear about your boss; doesn't sound good at all.

Hope you're having a good day off, Pauly. And Lav, keep your flashlight handy!

Comment

I was having a nice day off Pie,until I was trying to move a tv from 1996 out into the garbage and the door knob was greasy from my sandwich I was eating earlier I turned it and my greasy hand lost grip on the tv it slid down my leg now I'm all scraped up,waah! Can't believe how heavy older tv's are sheesh
                        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Ouch! Pauly, now you have me curious about why today was the day the 20 year old TV had to move?

Comment

not a chipper det I'm afraid. interview went very well but things went sideways from there. drank last night and today sorry
                            to say.

icky. not good at all.
                            nosce te ipsum
                            (Know Thyself)

Comment

Dang Det....sorry to hear that.
                              When I read your post I instantly thought of the times I'd gotten my sh*t together, sorted out all my life's problems, felt on top of the world, etc. which would lead to "I'm going to celebrate!"
                              Not sure why things went sideways for you but am so glad you posted. You'll get through this, never quit quitting! :hug:

Comment

Working...
                              X