the wednesday wonders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the wednesday wonders

mornin all...take note..the good is missing...orf to the dentist today...just had a look at the wee card...scheduled length of visit .2.15 hrs..hope that includes waiting time...anyways how are we all..?good hopefully..Julie is at her mums later on...some issues blew up last night on the phone that need sorting out......
    ok luvvies on we go brew and full brekkie this morning...pre going to the face fixer....

hiya ppqp...hows things with you today then?all good I hope..yep its getting near the soup making season here too..lentil soup is the best base for anything..you can add what you want to it..leeks,spuds,peppers curry powder spices ham the world is your oyster..my fave is leek n potato...hows the toof ache?

hiya det...hows you then mate..getting back on track?good news on the toms...we will make you a gardener yet!

hiya pauly...how are you today then?nah cant see them using whisky as a mouthwash tho.....hows the teeth?

hiya lav...well hows the world in your place then?not had a look at their website for a wee while...will do later...kid free today? ..ish heres a brew ..a just in case one....just in case you dont get time later....

hiya sk...how are you then?back home safe?

right peeps loads not here so a big hiya to you all..

As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked, Cinderella arrived home after midnight, Pinocchio told lies, Aladdin was a thief, Batman drove over 200 miles an hour, Snow White lived in a house with 7 men, Popeye smoked a pipe and had tattoos, Pac Man ran around to digital music while eating pills that enhanced his performance, and Shaggy and Scooby were mystery solving hippies that always had the munchies....and you wonder why Im mad?

A man is getting into the shower just as his wife is finishing up her shower, when the doorbell rings.
    The wife quickly wraps herself in a towel and runs downstairs.
    When she opens the door, there stands Bob, the next-door neighbor.
    Before she says a word, Bob says, 'I'll give you $800 to drop that towel..'
    After thinking for a moment, the woman drops her towel and stands naked in front of Bob, after a few seconds, Bob hands her $800 and leaves.
    The woman wraps back up in the towel and
    goes back upstairs.
    When she gets to the bathroom, her husband asks, 'Who was that?'
    'It was Bob the next door neighbor,' she replies. 'Great,' the husband says, 'did he say anything about the $800 he owes me?

Why do supermarkets make the sick walk all the way to the back of the store to get their prescriptions while healthy people can buy cigarettes at the front.
    Why do people order double cheeseburgers, large fries, and a diet coke.
    Why do banks leave vault doors open and then chain the pens to the counters.
    Why do we leave cars worth thousands of pounds in our driveways and put our useless junk in the garage.
    Why do we buy hamburgers in packages of ten and buns in packages of eight..
    EVER WONDER ...
    Why the sun lightens our hair, but darkens our skin?
    Why can't women put on mascara with their mouth closed?
    Why don't you ever see the headline 'Psychic Wins Lottery'?
    Why is 'abbreviated' such a long word?
    Why is it that doctors call what they do 'practice'?
    Why is lemon juice made with artificial flavouring, and dishwashing liquid made with real lemons?
    Why is the man who invests all your money called a broker?
    Why is the time of day with the slowest traffic called rush hour?
    Why isn't there mouse-flavored cat food?
    Why didn't Noah swat those two mosquitoes?
    Why do they sterilize the needle for lethal injections?
    You know that indestructible black box that is used on airplanes? Why don't they make the whole plane out of that stuff?!
    Why don't sheep shrink when it rains?
    Why are they called apartments when they are all stuck together?
    If flying is so safe, why do they call the airport the terminal?

14191948_772108919598833_8182498817446439894_n.jpg

14183883_772102756266116_1600470344083621205_n.jpg
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Morning all..
    Love all those Why's Mick. Lots of food for thought

Hope all of you with toothache manage to get them sorted today!

Comment

Morning All, I too wonder why Noah didn't swat the two mosquitoes, and stomp on the two cockroaches while he was at it. Mick, I hope today's dental odyssey is drawing to a close for you. On the e-cigs, there are pharmaceutical-grade liquids available. For me, it's worth a few bucks more to go this route.

Adding to the day's entertainment:

Comment

Mae everybody, Mick, lots of whys that got me thinking haha,Louie is getting into the"why" stage I remember when the kids were little and they asked so many questions that I just couldn't answer haha,thanks for the b-day thread another year older with sore teeth now,still don't know how it happened, I think back to all the times I went to bed without brushing while drinking, more than likely a huge factor, all the whitening products, lemon juice, sodas,etc I just didn't think! Made an appointment with the dentist but it's not til next Friday, dunno if I can wait, I'm gonna call today and see if I can move it up,much love to all and I hope we all have a great day
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Good evening Abbers,

Hot & humid in Lav-land again, oh well. The summer has to end at sime point, right???

Mick, I happen to know you survived your dental excursion today, good for you
          I love lentil soup & have my favorite recipe on standby. I will be making it as soon as the temp drops below 90 something!!!

Hey there starty!

Pie, you're absolutely right. That is the most accurate pie chart I have ever seen

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO OUR GIRL PAULY :yay:
          I hope you get some reief soon!

Hello to the missing, Sam, Det & everyone!
          Wishing peace for all of us tonight!

Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

MAE ALL....

Happy Birthday Pauly.....

Pi...love the chart

Exhausting day finally over. Sorry for the short post but wanted to stay accountable......:smile:PPQP

Comment

Heya ABeroos!

yay, feeling fairly lively this arfternoon. whew. That wasn't a 'bad one' compared to some I've had. freaky.

Mick, after -action report from the butcher?

Pie, i absolutely LOVE your chart! it explains so many things.

Pauly, Felize Cumple Anos!!!! hope you feel up to eating something yummy on your special day.

Lav, it's finally cooling a tad here so there's hope. i love lentil soup too. In fact i think i like all soups from everywhere.
              I'm just a soupaholic. I do have to soak beans for at least 24hrs and cook them very well otherwise I end up sleeping alone.

PPQ, accountability noted

Sam is MIA?

SF?

SK? Nora? Lassie? Flipper?

well I've decided I'm going to get up at 3am this friday so I can get to 'dawn patrol' and photograph the launching of the hot air balloons. so there! Tired just thinking about it.

roasting some veggies and sausage.

be well loves
              nosce te ipsum
              (Know Thyself)

Comment

Working...
              X