Fall 2016 Gratitude

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fall 2016 Gratitude

Wanted to start a fresh gratitude thread this Monday morning.

Today I am grateful for my yoga and meditation practice that has helped me be patient while I wait for my new job to start.

Today's mantra: I will not be guided by fear.
    (( now that is a good one!! ))
    (AF since 17 May 2014) 2 years 5 months sober

Today i am grateful for 29 days of sobriety. I am grateful for my new car, my optimism, self confidence and faith in the universe and self in deciding to buy it and rock my world with a bit of joy and comfort. 'm grateful for my band who stick with me through thick and thin.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Nice one Eloise.

Today I am grateful that I am still in the game

Comment

haha... thanks Starty! I am going to repeat it over and over all day.
        It is a good reminder. I really have nothing to lose anyway, it isn't like there is a good chance I am going to be kidnapped or something? If all fails I get on the plane and come back. No big deal.

It is really funny because after I posted this my hd said to me "aren't you afraid to go to China?' I just said no.
        And I do not doubt this decision either.

Comment

Hi everyone!

I was just thinking about this today, too! Besides being extremely grateful for all the big stuff - health, family, etc, I'm grateful that I was able to quit my addiction before it led me to ruin. I still have a job, savings, and people who love me. I'm also grateful that I no longer have some of the worries I did before I quit. I no longer worry about running out of booze, I can get in the car and go where I want at any time without worrying about getting a DUI or worse, and I don't worry about being embarrassed that someone finding out about my drinking.

The down side is that I, when I do dumb stuff, I can't blame it on alcohol anymore!

Comment

I am grateful for 21 days of sobriety, health, family, great job, lovely kitty, and Monday morning the beginning of a new week, with new opportunities.

Comment

Today I'm grateful for my little g-son being healthy that I have a job that's flexible, a house to live in, a car that runs and Advil cuz I have a massive headache this morning, not al related!!
              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Feeling so grateful for good night's sleep, being unhungover, crisp fall air, love of family.

Comment

It really is the small things. I am grateful that today I do not feel depressed and exhausted. ....and I have lost 5 pounds

Comment

Today i am grateful for good friends. I forget often that i have more than i think i have.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Today I'm grateful for my husband being able to help out with g-son last night, I was not feeling great and he was super hyper!

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Grateful for the weather cooling off(I think) I know I'll complain later in the winter but at least I can wear cute sweaters in a few weeks

Comment

So grateful to wake up and feel good, great coffee, people to love and a good job. Thanks Universe.

Comment

Grateful that my cold is on the way out

Comment

Grateful to have a little peace inspite of such a stressful day.

Comment

Working...
                              X