wenzdi early doors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wenzdi early doors

well here we are 4.30 am up with a brew..no reason ..just couldnt sleep...storm has subsided..tho it is still pretty windy..thought I would get up..so how are we all today then?lotta sadness in here yustaday..hope peeps are feeling better even the big fella upstairs was crying over this way last night ..take a look at the weather...

Watch astonishing lightning strikes illuminating skies above Manchester during epic storm - Manchester Evening News

apart from that not a lot going on...oh yes an Jeeves yet again escaping into the garden.....and me at the dentist today again..

can you see him? he is in there!!

20160913_145551.jpg

ha ha look at me...

20160913_145626.jpg

20160913_145733.jpg

right brew time it is

hey mr g hows things in a land down under?hows the eyes today then you seeing ok I think Julies stuff is bp related...but the opposite end of mine..ie low bp..we shall see tomorrow hopefully

hiya pie hows you then today?do cars rot as quick over there as they do here?the salt etc on the roads here isnt exactly conducive to their longevity...the element is a pretty big suv..take it thats what dog friendly means..not that it toots and waves every time it sees a k9 brother???

hiya ppqp..sounds like you need one of those feckimall pills!! whats the book?again as for think drink ..hey no harm in that now and again ..its not like it doesnt exist..its drink drink thats the bummer!its having the strength to separate the two and see it for what it is... you talking about chickens......

why-did-chickens-cross-road-gordon-ramsay.jpg

hiya tt..you ok?nope life doesnt turn into a bag of roses( thats my mixed synonym...)just cos we dont drink but dealing with issues is a lot easier without it...no skewed rationale should take you back down that road...hows the tooth ache?join me today and see if we can get discount!!

hi pauly ..how are things with you ..in your noo jeanz and make up?hope things are better for you today..big hug to you

starty..... Might not be the best idea financially, but live is for living and sometimes work gets in the way of that ..a brilliant sentiment ..took me a few years to work that one out..hope all is well with you today....another day subscribing to idontdrink.com.......well done..

hiya Lav ...how was Toms dim son?ok ...?so you had a day with the sane one did you as opposed to the fruit loop?here is a sane and sober brew for you.....hows maxie doing these days?

hiya nora c ...nice to see you..how are things your way?how is life treating you ..?hope all is well..

right peeps big hullo to all not here..

I walked into a shop today and
    asked the woman behind the counter,
    "Do you have any cameras?"
    "No," she replied.
    I said, "Good, open the fcking till."

An Irishmen wanting to become a Priest went to see the Bishop who said "You must answer 3 questions on the Bible".
    "1st - Who was born in a stable?"
    "Red Rum" he replied
    "2nd - What do you think of Damascus ?"
    "It kills 99% of all germs" he replied.
    "3rd - What happened when the disciples went to Mount Olive?"
    "That’s easy" he said "Popeye kicked the shit out of them!!"
    Last edited by Mick; September 13, 2016, 11:59 PM.
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Such a pretty photo of Jeeves in your garden, Mick.

One thing's for sure re: the shitty days reported on Tuesday's thread, is that they're in the past. Hoping today is brighter for all.

Mick, salt is not a factor here as we so seldom have it on our roads. The blazing sun however will eat paint and rot tires, especially if you don't have covered parking. My neighbor has several times invited me to join her at a Wednesday evening yoga class. Thinking I may finally join her tonight for some stretching.

Comment

Mae everybody, Mick,the first thing that crossed my mind was low blood pressure when you mentioned Julie's dizzy spells, beautiful pics Pie,yoga is supposed to be the best soul soothing exercise there is,I wish hubs' gym had yoga classes,the one across the street does but it's a small gym and more pricey I don't want to pay for a membership and never go,at least with hubs I can go as a guest at his,not much else going on in my neck of the desert,much love to all and I hope we all have a great day
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Early greetings ABerooos!

my, so early for me typically, just couldn't sleep with allergies and all.

a bit too brain-dead for engaging thought....I'll perk up a bit in a few.

be well loves
        nosce te ipsum
        (Know Thyself)

Comment

MAE everyone. Mick, I have low bp and it got worse drinking green tea and it also made me dehydrated. Let's hope there are answers soon.

Pie, where do you live?

I can't see Jeeves in the first pic, but he's a handsome wabbit in the other 2. Pretty garden.

Contemplating this move to TX and feeling a bit overwhelmed. I have the personal contents of my stuff from the house, plus here. Peggy doesn't travel well, ho hum.
          Enlightened by MWO

Comment

MAE ALL....much better day today. Let yesterday go, and sometimes that's not easy.

Mick...Wow some wicked lightening strikes there. Hope your garden survived. Like SK I couldn't find Jeeves in the first pic either. Is he near the flower pot? That photo of the chicken is exactly how I felt yesterday. LOL

Pi...you got that right, it's now in the past. So are you off to Yoga tonight?

Pauly...hope you had a good day.

Det...I thought the allergies had passed. Did Dx make it home?

SK...who knew about Green Tea, I never drink the stuff. Remember Mick's list while you're contemplating the TX move.

Time to figure out what's for dinner tonight. I think maybe leftovers. Have a peaceful evening all.....:smile:PPQP

Comment

PPQ, I don't know of Mick's list, only the siren call of my precious grand daughter. She has cried copious tears about me moving there.
              Enlightened by MWO

Comment

Good evening Abbers,

We had a warm & sunny day here but I hope we return to the cooler weather - my favorite
                Met some old work friends for lunch, nice time!

Mick, I enjoyed your lightning show, hope nothing got hit!
                Jeeves does a pretty good job of blending in the garden considering he is all black & white, ha ha.
                Yesterday's dim sum was excellent - new place, recently opened, yum
                Looks like we're getting near the full moon so sleep is probably going to be a bit off for a few nights, oh well.

Hello to Pie, Pauly, Det, PQ & SK. I am sorry your granddaughter is upset SK :hug:

Wishing everyone a peaceful night!

Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09
                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

SK....in early quit days when I found myself sitting in the car outside a liquor store, I would think of Mick. He would say "Make a List" Pros on one side Cons on the other. So I would sit and make a mental list (no..no..list in my head) and the craving would pass. I make pro and con lists now whenever I have to make a major decision.

Sorry your granddaughter is upset, it's got to be hard on you. When a similar situation happened to me with twin nephews, we decided we would write to each other. They were just learning to print. Their Mom said they would come home from school and immediately sit and write, draw their letters. Of course then they'd bug her to go to the post office every day after they'd mailed them. I lived in rural AB and she'd have to drive to the post office. LOL

Comment

Mick....I am a hardcore night owl. For me I feel the most awake at 10pm. The night hours are when I get important tasks done and find sacred quiet time. Mornings I tend to have this sense that the day is coming at me, where at night my mind is serene. I am one of those people you find at the gym at 11pm. One of the ones I go to now has an awesome room where I can roll out my yoga mat and just be. I am happiest working 2-1030p, going to work out and then home to settle with tea and read until 3am. Also, all your talk of the dentist has me carrying my toothbrush everywhere.

TT...I wish this would pass for you. It can take such a toll. I'm starting to really recognize the unhealthy relationship I had when it came to work. How I let it determine my happiness and sense of security. Logically I was fearful of not being able to pay the bills....but I allowed it to consume me. This happened to me twice.

Glennon Melton Doyle has a way of describing addiction that I can relate to. She has a good Ted Talk on it and I have read some of her blogs. I would not do it justice trying to explain it. But with all the recovery shit I have read....hers finally clicked. It also has made me more aware of my surroundings and what could lead me into a frazzle without even realizing why. I am more aware of what drains me quickly. Not so much about running to a drink, but more aware of why I felt the need to drown out the world.

Pie....I am so glad we do not have to deal with salt issues anymore. It is amazing to me how much longer our cars last now.

Pauly--that Recovery 2.0 on-line conference is going on. I thought Sean Corne did an excellent job of talking about how/why yoga helps addicts today. They release so many interviews a day....I think it may be available to listen to again on Sunday or Monday. I do enjoy listening to most of the interviews and get a lot out of it.

SK---thanks for the info on the green tea. People rave about its health benefits, but I always felt shakey after drinking it. I thought the caffeine was bothering me.....which didn't make sense because other caffeinated drinks don't bother me.

PPQ.....I've made some of my worst decisions with pro and con lists. Which always sucked because I like to make nice logical decisions with the nice analytical data to back it up. Isn't that how it's supposed to work? Now I know that I just need to get quiet and listen to my heart/gut. We once bought a house that has a wonderful list of pro's....I remember signing those papers and my gut was screaming no. In the end that house became a money pit with issues nobody could foresee. My last corporate job....looked all good on paper. My gut was screaming something was wrong. It was the worst 3 years of my career in sales.....so bad I've had to take nearly a two year break before I've even considered going back into the field. With alcohol though....a pro and con list can be pretty easy

Lav....our weather has been fantastic. Although 95 with no humidity now qualifies as the perfect day. The humidity this year was thick and awful.

I am starting to see that nothing is wasted. Not my relapses. Not even my glorious arrest. For some reason lately people have opened up to me about their issues with al. These are people who just know I don't drink, not all the gruesome details. There is no way I could respond the way I do without having walked through the fire. Then relighting the fire and walking in again and again. When I am in the quiet of the night....I find the grace of my darkest hours.

Comment

Working...
                    X