Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fryday 16iff

Morn all
    Mick, that sounds like good news for the missus, nothing too serious.... know you are relieved.

Pauly, I watch the first, and probably only interview of one of the candidates yesterday and I was floored by the message and the delivery.... folks are buying into it and feeling empowered to say shit like that, like TT said, he ain't helping. The heck with that guy and the horse he rode in on.

So... busy as an ant at a candy convention here. Hauling hay and almost more than I can handle surveying, playing tunes, and oh yea , real job, which has gotten real slow

well off to bed friends
    Sam
    Liberated 5/11/2013

mornin all hows life in the fast lane today then?all good I hope,,cheers for starting us up today Sam...been a bit busy this morning already,looking for a charging lead..can find loads of them but not the one I want ..got this horrible feeling it has been chucked out...plus have had to put another piece of fencing in ...Jeeves 2 me nil....
    was watching the Clinton /Trump saga again last night..50 odd days till it happens isnt it?should be interesting...

busy as an ant in a candy store..wow where did that come from?

hiya tt .hows you this evening ..hopefully all is well with you...hows the back doing?and the tooth?Ive done a cracker...the crown that keeps coming out..didnt let me down ..it came out..but whats worse..I was eating a peach...crown came out and I snapped it....oops...

hiya pauly...hows you on this weekend start day?all good I hope...as for the names/..thats bang out of order..pity he wasnt getting a haircut ..that would have been a great case of revenge .com...he wouldve gone out looking like a Chimps arse....

hi ppqp...wow how many hatz do you have ?now out shoppin g ..talk about a one man band ?jeez how many hours are in your day?you need some you time...and tooth time..

hiya lav ..brew time ..how are you today then?all good..have you got the kids for the weekend?hows the weather for the greenhouse putting up?

mr g ..hi hows you ?thanks for your wishes friend...me too hope that it is the sinus job..

hiya pie et al hope you are all well...take it easy friends and have a stupendously safe sober saturday n sunday....

She wanted to serve her guests mushroom-smothered steak,
    But she had no mushrooms and no time to buy them.
    Her husband suggested, "Why don't you go pick some of the mushrooms
    that are growing wild down by the stream?
    "No, some wild mushrooms are poisonous."
    "Well, I see squirrels eating them and they're OK."
    So she picked a bunch and washed, sliced and sautéed them for her dinner.
    Then she went out on the back porch and gave Spot, their dog, a double
    handful.
    Spot ate every bite.
    All morning long, she watched the dog.
    The wild mushrooms hadn't affected him after a few hours, so she decided to
    use them.
    The meal was a great success.
    After everyone had finished, her daughter came in and whispered in her ear,
    "Mum, Spot is dead."
    Trying to keep her head about her, she left the room as quickly as possible,
    Called the doctor and told him what had happened.
    The doctor said, "That's bad, but I think we can take care of it..
    I'll call for an ambulance and I'll be there as quickly as I can.
    We'll give everyone enemas and we'll pump out their stomachs
    and everything will be fine.
    Just keep them calm."
    Before long they started to hear the sirens as the ambulance tore down the
    road.
    The Paramedics and the doctor had their suitcases, syringes, and a stomach
    pump.
    One by one, they took each person into the bathroom, gave them an enema,
    and pumped out their stomach.
    Well after midnight, after the last one was done the doctor came out and
    said,
    "Everything will be okay now," and with that he left.
    The hosts and the guests were all weak and knackered sitting around the
    Living room when the daughter came in and said to her mum.....
    "I can't believe that guy!"
    "What guy?"
    "You know, that bastard who ran over Spot;
    He never even slowed down."

Returning home from work, a young blonde woman was shocked to find that her house had been ransacked and burglarized.
    She telephoned the police at once and reported the crime.
    The police dispatcher broadcast the call on the channels and a K-9 unit patrolling nearby was the first to respond.
    As the K-9 officer approached the house with his dog on a leash.
    The blonde woman ran out on the porch and shuddered at the sight of the cop and his dog.
    Then she sat down on the steps, put her face in her hands and moaned, "I came home to find all my possessions stolen. I called the police for help, and what do they do?
    They send me a BLIND policeman!

I picked up an overweight woman wearing a tracksuit in my taxi and dropped her off at the park.
    She jumped out and started jogging down the road beside me.
    "You go girl!" I shouted with a wolf whistle."You'll be losing those pounds before you know it."
    "My fcking scarf's trapped in the door, you tosser," she replied.

did you know if you put your ear to a strangers leg..you can hear them say "what the fk are you doing?"

if your car traveled at the speed of light and you flashed your headlights ..would people see them?

restaurant sign "breakfast at any time..."so I asked for one from the Battle of Gettysburg.

if you emptied out the seas and oceans..would the world drown?
    Last edited by Mick; September 16, 2016, 10:59 AM.
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Mae everybody, funny jokes Mick yeah the guy yesterday was an ass,he had an attitude when I called him back and as I was draping him he kept on about"being skipped" which he wasn't so I just told him I'm not cutting your hair and that's when he went more bonkers and yes I know we're not supposed to talk politics here but if Trump gets elected it's gonna get worse, there I said it and I don't care.Sam,I like the description of how busy you are haha,bought Churches chicken last night for dinner cuz we keep getting coupons in the mail, it was actually really good blows KFC out of the park which has gone downhill lately anyways, I'm not supposed to be eatingjunk but me and Brady are still exhausted and cooking sounded like torture haha,hope everyone has a wonderful day, much love to all
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Hi there folks. Glad Mick that they have ruled out certain things or Julie. Goodness is this the dental thread? PQ, I dont take chances with my toothies - at least while I can afford it. So Monday it is to the very nice dentist. She really is, so thats a plus.

Pauly I couldn't care less if you discussed politics but I know it can upset others and divert away from what MWO is out. People obviously have all sorts of political leanings here. Customers/clients just cant treat staff like that guy did to you - it doesn't matter if you were abrupt to him or what you said (unless its racist, demeaning etc) - he should be accountable. I know a lot of people hate rules and regulations and what they call here the Nanny State - but if we didn't outlaw or legislate against certain behaviors or words - nothing might change. Its not being politically correct and it won't always change what people say in private.
        Actually I am just listening to something on the radio about how misogyny and sexism with the Pres. campaign - women often get targeted in that way, esp women in power. Geez, people saying that HC is menopausal! 68 is very very old to be going through the menopause. Scratching my head here. Wondering what I have in store????? Bet that gets a laugh from Lav and PQ and others who really thought they had menopausal days over. (maybe it is after all just a 'pause' haha).
        Sam - I was a little concerned when you started the Friday thread early on Friday in NZ - couldn't have been Friday yet in Virginia when you started. But great that you did. I was going to respond but I didn't get a chance.
        Looking forward to my hair appointment in 2 weeks - will be extra nice to the stylist! She always says I will come out a 'brand new woman' from the salon - which is never quite true. If only.
        Hope all are doing well and have a good Friday.

Comment

TT,hopefully you at least FEEL like a new woman when you walk out.. at least for a little bit
          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Pauly - short, pixie and a slightly lighter colour. I tried dark and the dramatic side fringe last time and it just flopped. My hair is ultra fine and if the fringe gets long it always parts in the middle. If I put product on the fringe it just lies there like a greasy slug and looks like I haven't washed my hair.
            Last edited by treetops; September 16, 2016, 07:40 PM.

Comment

Good evening Abbers!

Wow, it was another nice day here, no excessive heat or humidity - nice
              Went to Curves, did a sh*load of housework then even got out to do a little weeding in my nasty looking gardens. Now I am tired & hurt all over, ha ha.

Glad to see you Sam! You are a busy guy these days, much in demand too!!!
              This whole political environment is absolutely sickening. If that orange haired Nazi dirty old man manages to get himself elected I think we should all move ~ elsewhere! There is no way that narcissistic pig should be handed the controls

Mick, you still wrecking those teeth? STOP THAT!!!
              I hope you have Jeeves secured tonight.

Pauly, you should live around here. We can almost always find an Amish family selling BBQ whole chickens - great when you don't want to cook or buy junk food. They have a big market open Thursdays, Fridays & Saturdays.

TT, honestly, people are just so damn stupid sometimes. Talking about Hillary being menopausal is just ridiculous & misogynistic. Apparently you have to be misogynistic these days to be a member of the Republican party over here.
              Enjoy the new hairdo! I love getting my hair cut or messing with the color a little

Hello to PQ (the busy Canadian), Det, SF, Pie & anyone popping in later.
              Have a peaceful night one & all!

Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Lav
                the theory behind the rump wall is not only to keep people out but keep us in when he declares martial law!
                Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

I guess I am not following how someone was a jerk to Pauly was because of Trump. Did he say something about Trump? Did I miss something? I certainly would not equate a white male or female being a jerk the fault of either candidate. But I think I missed something.

I also don't follow the theory of moving from a country because of who might be president for 4-8 years. As bad as 9/11 was, one thing I witnessed was a fractured country coming together because at the end of the day this was our country. I don't recall that having anything to do with who was president. I am an American and I am proud to be one regardless of who is president. There are many great countries and I am lucky enough to live in one of them. I don't take that for granted. I talk to so many people who worked really hard to move this country. Geez, my friends from Nepal and Ethopia both are voting for Trump because they worked hard for their citizenship and see that our immigration system is out of control. But, I guess if everyone moves.....there should be enough room for people who value being here.

That said...I'm going to jump off here until after the election. It has nothing to do with my political views or who I think should or should not be president. I think that this election is important as they all are. I could throw around a lot of negative shit about either candidate. Regardless it's not really healthy for me. It's a choice about what is best for me. I've made an active choice this election to remove myself from all the political bashing that seems to be our new political system.

Comment

Working...
                  X