its post hump day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

its post hump day

mornin all what colour is the sun on your planet today then?pretty dark over this way rain pouring down..dentist visit was a waste of time yesterday,nothing was ready so back next week..its a long boring story but one of them things.Came back ,finished off the little table I made for the new printer ,looks ok and doesnt fall apart..think with the weather today is more of an inside job..but first a brew

morning Pauly...well here we are again...saw your posts on the army fred too..time to get back on the hoss ,I guess......think your strategy needs tweaking..one of the other things ..is if you are going to ask for help,which you did before the event,and defo I applaud you for that, then try and use that support instead of drinking.Jacs thread is bang on the money to you...what she is suggesting is part of what I did..the Mick list that ppqp talks about is just that..and that was shown to me many many years ago in different circumstances and I thought ..yep I can use this for quitting as the diary too..
    one of the things I think (my opinion)is its not challenging or interesting enough for you..Perhaps you need a competitive edge ,to show you how successful you are ..ie someone to quit with so that you can bounce off each other or a big bloody coloured chart for every day you dont drink..but the biggest one is attitude..you are still in the stages where "I want a drink but cant"..that needs to change to "I can drink but dont want to ..but that comes in its own time...what I mean by attitude is...probably not right its probably committal..not saying you arent,b ut your posts read now how crap you feel post boozing ...instead of that how would you be feeling now if instead of giving in to the beer ,you had said no matter what mr booze it aint happening and fought through it ..unpleasant yes,it may have been..bu guess what you aing gonna die thru refusing to give in ,and whats more a few of them under your belt and your attitude kind of changes to ..here we go again same old same old ..I aint drinking so forget it now and it gets easier..there are lots of people on here who have given up ,who havent delved into the whys hows and wherefores..who have just said enuff is enuff thats it..again this isnt meant as a nagging session but simply trying to help someone I care about..

hey Sam..hows you then?this has been my best year that I can recall for tommies too...I have grown 13 different kinds successfully and they are still coming..talking of the fall...one of Julies biggies is to see New England in the fall....so bright spark here decided that would make a great birthday pressie for her Her birthday is in March!!!!duh
    Enjoy pottering about at the pottery place where potters will be potterying as opposed to pottering...whose mad?

hiya ppqp..how did the meeting go then?did your boss turn up ?kinda thought he might have sneaked in..any more of the white stuff news?hows the garden doing?Ipulled some beetroot yesterday..so they will be getting whacked on a meal somewhere..

Mr G ..how you be...sheer poetry in 11 letters!hope all is well in the land down under...bet you havent got rain!

hiya tt ..all ok with you?

hiya Lav..hows you today then?all good hopefully ..yep guess you better get the greenhouse cracked on with..I had a look at that Eldreth pottery..some of it is really smart..especially that Brandywith?it is so plain and simple yet decorative..it looks very Amishy/Quakerish collection ...Ive got a collection of pussers rum stuff by Wade,(now relegated to the loft..)and Birds of Prey and Owls by Royal Doulton..
    but my favourites are these....

aargh ..cant post any pics..it wont let me upload any pics...but the best pottery I like is 2 pieces I found in charity shops!!

will see if I can load them after ...

right folks big shout to everyone else ..have a good day
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

morning all
    appreciate the java java this AM, Mick. Maybe a good tomato year is a sign of a bad winter coming on, why not??!! just as reliable as those darn caterpillars!

Pauly, can't add too much more to Mick's response. I believe he does touch on a point that helped me tremendously, a shift in perspective of drinking VS not drinking. For me the biggest changer was letting go of the willpower fight and accepting the new me that ENJOYED being sober. It starts off every morning saying thank you to myself for being sober and all the other things I really I'm grateful for but take so little time to remind myself. It is a great way to start a day. AND I'd log my day as being sober first thing on the "Roll Call" fred. I know these things sound minor but it really helps set the tone. I know you're no beginner at this process but I read the struggle that continues for you, so I just throw this out there. It seems your duration of not drinking is increasing! So remember how great it feels when you're really you as opposed to fuck it, the pressure is too much, or whatever else there is that is the trigger. So.... that's what works for me.

So Lav, what you need? If it's not pottery, I've got a young rooster that would love to live PA!

DET, don't be a stranger!

off to the mines,
    be well everyone.
    SAM
    Last edited by Samstone; September 22, 2016, 05:49 AM.
    Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Mae everybody, Mick and Sam,thanks for the posts,I just don't know what is going on with me sometimes,it's not like I miss drinking like I did when I first started quitting and I would drink to have"fun" or it was a special occasion or whatever, I truly don't want to drink.... rationally. The irrational Pauly doesn't, think, care or focus on anything else .but drinking when that feeling hits,I should have done anything else that day but I could feel it from the moment I first woke up!! That's when I posted in the Army but I guess when someone is thinking like that it's like talking to a feckin brick wall, I am grateful for sober me and I kept telling hubs over and over that I'm not ME when I drink, I can't do anything that I want to do that makes me happy while in that state, it's so ugly, I've had more time not drinking in the past year than I've ever had, I just need to quit sabotaging myself and start doing some actual healing, much love to all and I hope we all have a great AF Thursday
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Good Morning Mick, Sam, Pauly. Summer weather continues in full force here with daytime highs in the 90s. The heat is a little tiresome, but not bad really. We'll cool down eventually.

Occasionally, like this morning, I'll wake up with a bit of a headache. Doesn't last long, sometimes just a twinge, but such a powerful reminder of how dreadful I felt EVERY morning while drinking. Such a dismal start to every day that was routine. So glad I don't live that way anymore. I'm actually happy to have these sometimes headaches, for the reinforcement they provide.

Dad's in good shape these days; living with his caregiver seems to be working very well. I need to take his 1994 vehicle in for inspections and registration renewal. At least now that his house is sold, we'll be able to fix anything needing repair.

I'm ready for another cup of brew now, Mick. Thanks for keeping it warm.

Comment

Wow...I've been trying to get onto the site for quite some time now. Anyone else have any problems?

It's been a rough day/evening - work issues related not AL

Pauly...been reading along when I can, glad you're back posting.

Shout out to everyone else but it's time to hit the hay......:smile:PPQP

Comment

Working...
          X