the saturday stars....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the saturday stars....

morn all...how are we today then?its the weekend..apart from down under where we are half way thru...went down to my friends yesterday...he was my boss in the nick ,but took pretty poorly ,shed was done in about 10 mins..info given...the shed doors wont close properly..you push them together and they wont lock...so goes down with leccy saws wood etc the whole works..when you shut one shed door there are 2 turnbuckles one top and 1 bottom which when you piush the door to you the turn and they hold that door shut..you then close the other one and lock ..seemples? what he had done was put the turnbuckles on the other door so it was not fastening and hell would freeze over first!
    he also sent me the board size to fit over the window..I cut a piece of ply and left a 1"margin all round before I left ..perfick fit .. total time?about 10 mins!!!!
    he might have run a prison ,but he sure knows nowt about wood!despite a shed full of immaculate tools..great day tho ..nice to see him .He had a heart transplant 6 years ago..and retired ..since then he has had 22 foreign holidays..

as for the head ..yep got a lovely dig out of my scalp..the benefits of very very very short hair....not !just colour it in with some skin coloured blemish cream..looks brand new

right ..brew time....

hiya pauly hows you then?saturday stars ..that includes you ,so dont be sad ..jobs done time to move on and address what went wrong..

Sam a big java matey get them to potter you up a cup ..have a good day friend...

Det..you need to take it easy bro..a quick trip to the quacks wouldnt do you any harm..look after yourself.

morning sk..hows you ?every mornin except Sundays I make brekkie,and a brew for madam in bed and have done since I retired..hows your mum?over this side we still have issues with Julies mum n dad..buy hey..

hiya tt ..hows you then?Is it you thats into the Poldark series?I watched one last night that we recorded last week..just caught up now..where are you up to with it?Over here its on a Sunday..same time as the series Victoria..that wins ..its fantastic even the theme tune is brill Ive got it as my phone ringtone!!well worth watching..yes work is stressful at times,do I know that..I know it sounds corny ,but it should be part of life..not life..when I was working ,I thought cant wait to retire when it happened ..woe is me over the hill,past it ,at deaths door blah blah..after 37 years alone working for the Queen it took some adjusting...now?wouldnt look back..I have been offered several jobs since..security consultancy,private sector prison work,investigations,public sector work,....but you know what?Im happier doing what Im doing..Ive learnt a lot since I went,making things,skills I didn't know I had about life in general..and it certainly isnt all about money.now as for dodging rabbit hutches ..havent perfected that one yet!

hiya pie..hows you then?sounds like you did ok out of the working life too..hows the dog gang doing today?you up to anything over the weekend?

hiya Lav..hows you?6 in the seg unit ..time for a ship out!!you sound too that you are pretty much sorted with your embroidery too.wiat till you get into the home produce game too..eggs veggies all wrapped up in a lace napkin!! thats not really working for me that image ...brew time here you are...

hiya ppqp...yesterday went pretty much axydent free...heads coloured in ..jobs a good un!you doing anything over the weekend?any more weddings?

right folks big shout to all ..out tecting tomorrow..have a good one...
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

morn all
    a quick dash in and out, thanks for the java java, Mick. looks lie another pretty day here, though we could stand a drop or two of rain.

Pie, I play old time fiddle music... in other words 3 chord stuff, simpler the better! Blues folk claim it as 3 chords and the truth!

off to it friends
    hope all are feelin sassy on a Saturday
    Sam
    Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Good Saturday morning to Abbers everywhere!

Not a drop of sunshine today but it is much cooler & drier - nice

Mick, I think you would make a great man servant if you ever want to switch careers, haha! Just kidding of course! I hope the hole in your head heals quickly before the freezing weather moves in. I can't wait until these boy chickens reach a decent weight so we can be rid of them. The girls are much happier not being pestered continuously, of course. I think we should see egg production begin in about another 6 weeks.

Hi there Sam. The farmers around here are clogging up the roads moving their equipment around from place to place, ha ha. The fields are being emptied & I see them dropping huge loads of fodder at the dairy farm. It's an interesting process to just observe. Have a great day whatever you are doing!

Hello to everyone, I will likely check in later.
      Make it a great AF day!

Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Mae everybody, Mick hope the head's healingup quickly, Det,hope you feel better by today, please check in when you can, much love to you ALL and I hope we all have a great AF Saturday
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Yes Mick is right it is the opposite here except now it is Sunday. Hi there Lav, Pie, Pauly and Sam! Very cold today - been miserable the past week. I have the fire going. I have been busy this weekend with my own work and just as well -as Mr GB is having one of his ghastly phases. His answer to this last night was to go on a sugar binge - well a chocolate binge. I can't publish how much crap he ate - he went to the supermarket specifically to get the stuff. Just like an alcoholic. Of course all this sugary up and down will make his mood worse but he won't listen to me. What pisses me off is that I cooked a healthy meal last night- that must have filled him up with that - so he wasn't hungry. And its not just the effect the bad eating has on his mood - its his health. He did go on a diet of sorts late last year but then he used a holiday in Feb to get back into his bad eating patterns. I don't usually worry about sugar - its not an issue for me - but clearly it is for him.
          Well just like an alcoholic, he has to make the change and not me. I can be supportive - and I have been.

Det - I hope you are feeling better and Pauly, you too. Well everyone of course. All those weddings PQ - always the bridesmaid?? (haha i know thats not your role). Tell them what happens when their hubby turns to sugar!

Comment

Hi Mick, got the rest of the stuff out of my house today and into a storage unit. Bittersweet. I think I would have bawled had it not been the mover person. I picked up a box I thought to be linens and it was books! I guess my bulging discs are bulging even more. Ouch!

Will and Kate are just a ferry boat sail away from me today in Victoria, seems to be going well.

Next step is to get a place in TX and get all my stuff there. Travelling with dog is the nervous challenge.

Hope your head heals soon.
            Enlightened by MWO

Comment

Greetings ABers here and there.

still feeling braindead here, sorry.

Mick, sorry to hear you buggered up yer head somehow. Sounds like something I'd do for sure.

Yes, I need to get to the clinic and get checked out, something is really wrong. There is a free clinic I found out
              about so need to make an appt. I can't believe I'm still so ill. Lav I'll check into dehydration...I'm sure that's adding
              to my list of maladies for sure.

well here's hoping for a better tomorrow

be well loves
              nosce te ipsum
              (Know Thyself)

Comment

MAE ALL...

Mick...didn't know that the bump on the noggin was so bad. Glad you found the right shade of blemish creme. LOL Nice that the shed was an easy fix, gave you more time to visit.

Sam...hope you enjoyed your clay day.

Lav...yup it's that time of year again, harvest. The back roads were always tricky to drive during this time. Saw this on FB and thought of you....

A farmer went out one day and bought a brand new stud rooster for his chicken coop. The new rooster struts over to the old rooster and says “OK old timer, time for you to retire.”

The old rooster replies.
                “Come on, surely you cannot handle ALL of these hens. Look what it has done to me. Can’t you just let me have the two old hens over in the corner?”

The young rooster says,
                “Beat it! You are washed up and I am taking over.”

The old rooster says,
                “I tell you what, young stud. I will race you around the farmhouse. Whoever wins gets exclusive domain over the entire chicken coop.”

The young rooster laughs.
                “You know you don’t stand a chance, old man. So, just to be fair, I will give you a head start.”

The old rooster takes off running. About 15 seconds later the young rooster takes off running after him. They round the front porch of the farmhouse and the young rooster has closed the gap. He is only about 5 feet behind the old rooster and gaining fast.

The farmer, meanwhile, is sitting in his usual spot on the front porch when he sees the roosters go running by.

He grabs his shotgun and – BOOM – he blows the young rooster to bits.

The farmer sadly shakes his head and says,
                “Damn….third gay rooster I bought this month!”

Pauly...I hope you had a great Saturday.

TT...you've got your perspective right, He has to make the change, not you. Wish someone would cook a healthy meal for me.

SK...:hug: Big accomplishment today, and I know (from personal experience) exactly how you're feeling. Take care of your back. I'd be nervous travelling with a dog too, perhaps Pi can give you some advice.

Forced myself not to go into work today to check on the wedding. I'd done my part and had to trust all would be ok. Working on my resume for the GM job, due end of the month. Lots of stress and frustration in the workplace so no matter what happens it's time for a change.

Comfort food craving tonight, lasagna's in the oven. Have a restful evening all....:smile:PPQP

X-Post DET....glad to see your post. This does sound like a tough one and do get into the clinic. :hug:
                Last edited by porqoui; September 24, 2016, 07:58 PM.

Comment

I could make you a fairly healthy lasagne PQ! Such things exist. But fiddly and takes time. I am doing baked veges tonight and baked curried chicken legs for the carnivores plus salad.

Comment

TT...I would love some baked, roasted, steamed vege recipes. Any chance you have a link to a good website?

Comment

Det, I hope you get yourself checked out real soon. Take care & rehydrate now, don't wait!

PQ, gay roosters is all I need around here, ha ha! Great story

TT, an adult on a sugar buzz.....doesn't sound like fun.
                      I have been making a pretty decent vegan lasagna for several years now using homemade cashew 'ricotta'. It tastes good & no after bloat, yay! I don't use any tofu or any soy products either. You do what you have to do, right?

SK, I wish you a safe journey & hope your back is OK.
                      I hope Pie can help you with doggie tips for long distance car rides. Mine just stay home.

Hey there Pauly, hope your day was a good one.

Wishing everyone a peaceful & comfortable night!
                      Lav
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09
                      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Lav, what do you use for noodles in the lasagna? interesting.

we'll I've put down 30oz of gatorade and and equal amount of water...
                        nosce te ipsum
                        (Know Thyself)

Comment

Working...
                        X