Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One Year Anniversary

Hi All,
    I don't post very often but today is kind of special for me. It was one year ago today that I started MWO! And I can tell you that I am so happy with myself a year later. My husband and I were just discussing the changes the other night. It is really the first time that he has said anything about noticing how different I seem. It isn't as though I haven't had my share of f--- ups! But the difference this time is that I was able to assess the situation the following day and start back on my program; learn from my mistake. I would say that I've had about 350 days of waking up hang over free in 2005! I never thought I could drink in moderation but it seems to be working. I still take my suppliments daily. Since I continue to drink, I take all of the detoxification supps. I've switched from the All One to the Amino Acids offered in the MWO health store. They are really great and don't upset my stomach like the All One. I still take the Topamax everyday. I take about 200 mg a day and I can definately tell if I miss a day taking them. I listen to my CDs periodically, the subliminal nightly. I especially try and take advantage of the "self hypnosis" that James teaches during one of his sessions. It is a powerful tool as he suggests, but I don't have the concentration to use it just anywhere, unfortunately. But I think that the main thing I feel better about is that even though I still have bouts of depression I no longer try to resolve them in a bottle or two of wine. I'm just depressed! Which is still no fun, but it's better than with a hang over, feeling like a failure and adding to my reasons for being depressed in the first place! Anyway, I realize that this is still only ONE year. There is a life time that I must be aware of. So best of luck to you all. Sounds like most of you are well on your way and will be posting your anniversary soon.
    Warm wishes,
    Donna M.

One Year Anniversary

Donna,

Congradulations on your One Year! That is a wonderful accomplishment and something to feel so very proud of! Thank you for sharing with us the parts of the program that you are still doing. I know for those of us who have been on the program for 5 plus months now it is helpful. I know I have tried many things...going off the supps back on...off the topa back on..that kind of thing. So hearing what you are doing after one year helps alot! Thanks...

Again Congrats and keep up the great work!
    ~Tammie

Comment

One Year Anniversary

congrats!

Debbie,
      Your story was so great to hear. There are not that many long time stories on the site so i was glad to see a post based on a year of the program. I am really proud of you and it gives me resolve to stick with MWO. This has already been life changing for me and hearing stories like yours helps me keep on, knowing that this will continue . I get worried that it may end tomorrow and I will end up back where i was. I aspire to be where you are today and even further. thanks for sharing and have an incredible day!!!!! XX red

Comment

One Year Anniversary

Re: congrats!

All I can say is AWESOME donna!

Marcie

Comment

One Year Anniversary

Donna, congrats!

Yes you were an early adopter! Thanks so much for sharing. I keep in touch privately with a number of "old timers" but often they move on from the board so it's really invaluable to see your feedback here. I'm so pleased to know this program has been helpful to you.

It's incredible, isn't it, what's happened on this board in the past year--I know you've seen it, having been here for so long. (I think a lot of your early posts were the ones we lost with the server crash, remember? It was so disheartening when that happened; I think it was three days before the Newsweek story was released and at the time I was so anxious to get the word out, ouch.)

But fast forward and here we are: volunteers now hosting forums; lively chats every single day; membership and visits absolutely soaring. (And lots of humor, humor, humor.) But most importantly, arms all around and heartfelt support to others struggling to overcome the same battle. And winning.

Thanks for sticking with us and providing an update. I know you've inspired others today who may just be starting out on this remarkable journey into health.

Big hug to you,

RJ

Comment

One Year Anniversary

Thank you so much for posting your story, Donna! Congratulations on a year! It certainly gives us all who have been here for a few months HUGE encouragement! The months add up, and the struggle with the alcohol does not seem to be so insurmountable if you stick with it. The only times I've struggled have been when I've messed with this program and my own rules.
            Thank you for the reinforcement!
            Rebecca

Comment

One Year Anniversary

Hi Donna,

It is so wonderful to read your story. Thank you for sharing it with it us so completely. It is great to hear the parts of the program that you are still doing and that are still so important to your continued success.

A few weeks ago I tried asking you a question on how to do the self hypnosis that James teaches, but that question got lost in the shuffle somewhere. If you have time to explain it more clearly I would really love to understand more on how to do it.

Congratulations on such an important day for you! It truly is amazing!

The Other Donna

Comment

One Year Anniversary

Hey Donna! Right Arm!! One year, That's soo great! And thanks for the inspiring & incouraging post.
                That old saying "Time flies when you're hving fun"....all those times I was trying soo hard to have fun.. instead of just living my life, & enjoying the things I love.... Sure is more enjoyable when you're not "Living Down...Livin it Up"... I can do w/out the self loathing, and payback of the old days!:x Ughh!!
                Thanks & HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!:lol :rollin

Comment

One Year Anniversary

Congratulations on your first anniveray, DM. That is a truly beautiful thing to behold and you are an inspiratin to all of us.

I am not taking the topa cuz I already am on Xanax for legit anti-anxiety reasons. I find if I don't drink I am ok. Which of course was my doc's purpose in introducing it.

POINT FOLKS : STAY WAY, FAR AWAY, AWAY, FROM THE BENZO FAMILY. IT IS HIGHLY ADDICTIVE.

DM, I did not mean to offend you or hurt you but many pople will be interested in your post and I, being who I am, want to warn them away from the ever-present substitutes..

congrats and I'm glad to meet you, DM.

Cathy

Comment

One Year Anniversary

Donna M,
                    Congratulations and Well done. Every now & again the people who are new & struggling just like me need to hear that we CAN make it!
                    I found this site in February but wasn't ready to start. But after hovering around the sight for weeks, soaking up the experiences of everybody else, being in awe of their raw honesty made me want to be in a place of peace too.
                    So now I have started and its only 19 days but reading your post has given me so much HOPE.
                    A really big THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                    :rollin
                    Love Shas

Comment

One Year Anniversary

Congratulations, Donna,

YOu are an inspiration as to what we can aspire to!!! I wish you continued success. Thanks for letting us know how you are doing!!

Hugs,
                      Kathy

Comment

One Year Anniversary

Thank you, Donna, for sharing your anniversary with us. Mazel tov! You give me great hope in my search for who I was and who I am now. Thank you, Anni

Comment

One Year Anniversary

Congratulations, Donna! And thanks for giving the rest of us hope that it CAN be done!
                          best, susan

Comment

One Year Anniversary

Wow what an inspiration gives me hope that about a year from now I can say something similar. I am staying totally off the stuff but imagine a day when I might be able to try Topomax. Right now I am just high on waking up and remembering what I did yesterday! Thanks for sharing your story and continued good luck to you, Lefty in Asia

Comment

One Year Anniversary

I find it so great to hear from someone who has been on this program for a whole year. When I come on this site, for me, it always seems very much in the moment, in that day or in that week at the most. To imagine that it can be for as long as a year is fantastic.

I know for me that this way of life is becoming habit forming. I have been away from the program for a couple of weeks. Not taking the supps or the topa and having wine in the evenings and feeling bad. But after an Ez mail from another member, I put myself back on track and feel great again - thanks Jools. If it were not for this program or the people on this site, I just don't know where my life would have gone. Thank You.

Comment

Working...
                              X