NEWBIES IN NEED - DAY 19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NEWBIES IN NEED - DAY 19

Good Morning everyone at MWO, another beautiful day here in France, Welcome to the "30 day June Club" it's great to have you here, the more the merrier, and you guys are an absolute delight to have on-board - Welcome. Welcome back from your holidays Mary, we missed you and hope you are well, haven't seen Padme, Bird, JaneRees, Starlight, Diverrob, Tea, Change, Marshy, Buckledown recently, hope you are all OK, pop in sometime and let us know how you are, please forgive me if I missed anyone - it is not intentional, promise, I'm just running a tad late!

I hope you all managed to stick to your guns yesterday, whatever your goal is, if not jump on here, let us know what's bothering you and we will work through it together. You can do this, believe you me, if others can, so can you, we are all in this together, so lets work our way out of it as a team. Chin up, today is another day, have faith in yourself, you can beat this - you are much stronger than a bottle of poison - try to get a few days AF under your belt - it will start to get easier. When we are under that constant cloud of alcohol abuse we are not ourselves, we are totally someone else, it's not us, it's some stranger, so start the journey to find the old you again, today would be a good day to start, come on we are all here to help, let's get cracking, you will feel sooooo much better, promise you.

I hope that makes sense, it's how I feel, but running late? so it's just how it came out of my thoughts.

Before I run off, I just want to say thank you to everyone for your wonderful words of support, they meant the world to me, you are truly a fantastic, wonderful community to be around, thank you, over and over again.:l

Quote for today: Yesterday is but today's memory, and tomorrow is today's dream.

Have a great day and see you all tomorrow.

Bluesky XXX

PS - All the best of luck with job interviews, gardens, horses, diets, exercise, in-laws, etc. you can do it!
    It is easier to stay out than get out.

Mark Twain

NEWBIES IN NEED - DAY 19

Bonjour

Bluesky - you really know how to kick the day off - thanks & well done - you are inspiring.

Luc.............with no cats, inlaw, kids or neighbour problems - just a great day ahead !!
    Gonnabee not Wannabee

Comment

NEWBIES IN NEED - DAY 19

Thanks Bluesky,

Morning everyone, well made it through yesterday and now on day 2 af. Slept much better than I thought I would and feel rearing to go today.

I know it might be a bit of a stretch but I'm going to try and give up smoking too. I only had 2 yesterday and I only really smoke when I drink so I'm going to give it a try.

Did anyone see the HBO series on Addiction?? There was a post about it yesterday and you can download the whole series as video podcasts from the ITunes store, for free!!! I don't know how good they will be but there is over 5 hours worth, certainly enough to fill my witching hours.

Anyway off to read some posts and I have my interview later on this afternoon so fingers crossed.

Have a good day everyone,

Kitty
      Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall.
      Confucius

Comment

NEWBIES IN NEED - DAY 19

Hi Bluesky

Comment

NEWBIES IN NEED - DAY 19

Sorry Bluesky-pc playing up-Grrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!

Comment

NEWBIES IN NEED - DAY 19

O.K.-will try again to send my full post.

Great to see you so full of get-up-and-go first thing in the morning Bluesky.

Anyway, had a btl. of wine last night (naughty girl lol), instead of waiting `til weekend as planned. No worries - am AF again `til Fri. or Sat.

Hope you are all doing well with your goals,

Starlight Impress

Comment

NEWBIES IN NEED - DAY 19

Hello everyone, lovely to read such an inspiring start to today's thread - thanks Bluesky! Bit busy at the moment, just got in from work and house is like a tip and as there's nobody in, I had better make some progress with the housework!!! Although I'd much rather be on here!! Won't get any done at the weekend as its my mum-in-law's birthday and I'm taking her to see Dirty Dancing in London, can't wait!! We usually end up in Covent Garden for drinkies afterwards but might have to change that plan!!! Anyway, great to see such a busy thread yesterday and friends dropping in from the 30 Day June club. Hope everyone has a great day today, try and stay focused on your goal. Talk later, Janicexxxx
              AF since 9 May 2012
              Quit trying to control something that is uncontrollable (Bear February 08)

Comment

NEWBIES IN NEED - DAY 19

Hi everybody,

Hey Bluesky, I live in France too - though it certainly wasn't very sunny this morning. Nice now though.

Kitty, am keeping all fingers on both hands crossed for you once I've finished typing this.

Starlight, today is another day, glad you're not giving up on giving up.

I'm on 5th day af today. Am feeling pretty energetic though seem to have periods of flagging. Luckily I work from home, so can just go, lie down and read for a bit. Everybody's support here is such a help.

Hope you all have a good day
                Uli

Comment

NEWBIES IN NEED - DAY 19

Tuesday is not such a challenging day

Mornin'!

Yesterday, Imatree recommended the book How to Quit Drinking Without AA, by Jerry Dorsman. So I ran out and bought it and read it last night. Probably will post a little review in What We Are Reading Section.

I thought the book was interesting in a number of ways, even though it is obviously targeted to quitting completely,and I would prefer to learn to moderate.

It explains how alcohol affects the body and what cravings acutally are. It offers a number of tips for overcoming drinking problems. One of them is to start breaking other habits to prepare yourself. I think this is very interesting as I have for the most part cut back on caffeine but boy was it tough not to pour extra cups as usual!

There is a list of habits and you can choose from various areas.I am going to try some of these. It's about learning to break patterns, and you notice what your feelings are like as you change your normal routine for three weeks. Giving up TV for three weeks is one choice (nightly TV and wine always used to go hand in hand for me). Or if you take a shower every day, take a bath instead. There is a lot to choose from.

The other thing I am focusing on is dealing with feelings without drinking. This requires sef-confidence I think. I tried it over the weekend. I just tell myself I can deal with these feelings without it. and it's true, you can!

Kitty: Regarding quitting cigarettes... I have read that this will help you get your drinking under control, so that is a great idea to quit. I guess cigarettes are loaded with sugar. Alcohol, also mostly sugar, results in swings in blood sugar. So do sweets, caffeine and cigs. Even this book I read last night advises giving up excess sweets because when you come down off the sweet high, you might crave booze. It's all about finding a balance. Quitting is tough but so worth it.

I think I watched some of that HBO addiction series, no maybe I saw some of the people in the show on Oprah. Let us know how it is and I might check it out if it is good.

Starlight: Can't believe your mum led you astray by advising you to keep a bottle and have a few glasses a night. Anyway, it is great to hear you sounding so positive.

Comment

NEWBIES IN NEED - DAY 19

Nancy,
                    I guess I just got to remember the age-old adage : "You can lead a horse to water, but you can`t make it drink" lol

Anyway, am still doing well, and not at all gagging to have a drink this evening. You do read a lot of good stuff and are becoming quite the wealth of information. I enjoy learning of what you have read.

Starlight Impress

Comment

NEWBIES IN NEED - DAY 19

Good morning all,

Bluesky, thanks as usual for the inspiring startup.

Hi to luc, Kitty, Starlight, Uda, Janice, Nancy and all who follow.

Janice -- you are doing GREAT! Have fun cleaning, lol.

Kitty, good luck with the no smokes. Uda, good job on 5 days.

Nancy, will look for your book review.

AF last night, first time in a couple of weeks, so feeling good. Mods tonight I think.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Comment

NEWBIES IN NEED - DAY 19

Blue: Thank you so much for starting. It was so great to wake up to your wonderful message. Nancy: I'm going to look for your book review. What you shared in your post made a lot of sense. Mary
                        Wisdom, Courage, Strength
                        October 3, 2012

Comment

NEWBIES IN NEED - DAY 19

hello all. wishing you a good af tuesday. have 5 days today and doing good. lest the boredom thing creep intoday. am feeling that and that is never good i can tell that. but if i replace that with no not boredom this is called life with no drama in it. lol ah yes life with no extra additives or sedatives. nice nice memory recall. should hike doggies now. it is chilly and foggy on the coast. stay strong and i'll be surrendering to an AF day today.
                          :welcome:

Comment

NEWBIES IN NEED - DAY 19

14 Days AF today!!!!

Hi Everyone!
                            I was off the boards for most of the day yesterday so I never got to say WECOME BACK BLUE!!!! It feels like home again. So glad to hear they are getting to the bottoim of the problem.

Great job on the AF days for Cindi, Uli, Mary, Luna, And everyone else that is working so hard...believe me I know its hard...but seems to be a little getting easier as time goes on.

Nancy I have been cutting down on my sugar since I started this program again to avoid the blood sugar dips and I think it makes a big difference. I am going to look into that book. Thanks for the tip! Regarding your post about depression. I have really been dealing with the blues too and the sugar deal is suppose to help with mood swings too...I think I am just missing my friend WhiteWino.....and it is making me sad....i hope it goes away...soon

Garden Girl I read your post from the other day and I wanted you to know that I have kids too and they have seen me drink too much too...Its really hard....In fact my older one had said some things to me that freaked me out about my drinking right before I started the program again ...and i come from parents that drink too much - so I have seen it through her eyes...they are a large part of my motivation this time...so if you ever need support regarding that let me know...By the way I love the new avatar as well.

I overcame some roadblocks last weekend with fathers day...My husbad and I went to my sisters for a big barbeque that went on and on and on.....with big coolers of beer and wine in the hot back yard...i had a hard time knowing what to do with myself...i spent alot of time prepping food...and dealing with all the kids...but finally there was nothing to do except deal with myself and my feelings and just BE THERE NOT DRINKING....I made it through ...and finally got comfortable....but it was hard because the day just went on and on...like for 5 hours
                            and everyone but my siser and I were drinking..and the kids of course weren't either ....Well another passage...a summer barbeque...my mother on Wednesday and a barbeque on Sunday all in one week who would of thought I could do it???? I am waterlogged on Tea! or tealogged.... But here I am 14 Days AF!!!!I cant believe it.....First time in Years and Years and Years ( more years shoud go here).......Wow

So I'm off to start another day.... I hope eveyone has a great one....Melissa, Roxanne, Diamond, Lucky, Ducky, Hart,Paula, BCbarbie,Louise, Kitty, Janice, Luc, and all those I have not listed you are doing great!!!!!! Please others feel free to join us....we can do this...:thanks: for Reading!!!!:l Buckle

Comment

NEWBIES IN NEED - DAY 19

Hey Buckle, great job on Father's Day. I didn't do as well. I know the feeling of not knowing what to do with yourself at a party when you are not drinking. No edge taken off...it's such a different experience. I am doing mods and what has helped me a few times is to have one or two, cut myself off and help a lot with the party (at my house or otherwise) then have one at the end, when all is done. If I let myself keep going...well I don't have to finish that. You did a great job though...don't float away from all that tea!

Comment

Working...
                              X