Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

not been around for a bit...

hi y'all.
    well i'm now at over 7 months. boy. more surprising is that im confident each day that its going to be a life long thing as THIS works for me.

had a really rough couple of weeks, had to go overseas to the UK for what ended up being a really difficult death for me and funeral and living with people who drink like fish.. but i managed it by.. wait for it... actually being honest about it and saying.. i'm not drinking anymore.. or i dont drink and people didnt even question it..

i even fessed up to my mum and told her the WHOLE story and she was great about it.

so having found this internal honesty.. im under more pressure from within and without to continue.

and again, thanks to Kel who has been there with me every step of the way. she is the greatest thing I ever got from this board and tho I dont log on much at all anymore, i'd say that having found someone who had enough similarities to me.. i locked on to her and found that so immensely helpful.. so rather than looking at what others are doing.. we kinda agreed what we were doing so it really felt so not alone.

RJ, thanks again for putting this out there
    brigid

So nice to see you, Brigid.

I wish you well. I'm glad I "met" you.

Tawny

Comment

Hi Brigid!

So good to hear from you! Sorry to hear of your loss and how difficcult it was for you! I am happy that you were able to tell those around you, and that you have someone to share your journey with! I do hope you continue to pop in here in let us know how you are doing!!

Donna

Comment

Thanks for being an inspiration, Brigid! I had 9 weeks AF yesterday...I'm so looking forward to being able to say 7 months like you...congratulations!

English people DO drink a lot, don't they! Actually, I used this as an excuse ("Oh, I drink alot because I'm English...it's a cultural genetic thing...")--and I haven't even lived there in over 30 years!

Thanks again--
        All the best, susan

Comment

Great to hear from you Brigid! Sorry to hear about your loss. Your honesty is inspiring to so many of us here.

I sometimes imagine myself saying, "I don't drink anymore." Sometimes it feels great, and sometimes it feels scary! Keep touching base. You are an inspiration!

Hugs,
          Kathy

Comment

Working...
          X