So weird

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So weird

Okay, you are all going to think I am so weird. But anyways, I was just thinking about going home and (of course) - the usual thought is automatically - wine. (I AM NOT GIVING IN TO IT THOUGH). The thing is, as soon as I thought of the wine, I actually felt myself salivating. is that sick or what!!? Is that why the L-Glut helps so much when you put it on your tongue? I actually have not tried that and - of course - left them at home - which is okay, actually because I am at work with no access to booze anyways.
    Anyways, I thought that was kind of funny in a really sick way and thought I would share.
    "Ring a bell and I'll salivate, well, how do you like that?" (Barenaked ladies) - great now that song will be going through my head all day.
    Sigh. Old habits die hard dont they??:smokin

So weird

Yes, old habits do die hard, Jennah. That is why I got so sheet faced last night on chat. I know that salivation feeling. Boy, do I. YOu are not weird, or unusual, or anything different from the rest of us here.

I like the barenakedladies song reference but hopefully you can put something else in your mind instead ... hmmn, trying to think of something inspirational that is pop ... or something close .. hang on, have to check my music library :eek

Wait! I've got it! Gloria Gaynor -- "I will survive". I posted a parody of this song on the jokes board/thread but I guess it was not very popular. But to me, personally, that song has always had a special meaning. Are you familiar with it? It is about a woman scorned and mistreated by a man, and how she comes to grip with it. For me, it is an anthem for women, but also, for me, it is an anthem for struggling and surviving what life throws at you - like alcoholism. If you do not know the song, I would be willing to post the lyrics, which I find most inspiring.

I hope some others might join this post and find some inspirational songs and why they think they are inspiring.
    Peace and hugs
    Cathy

Comment

So weird

Itsy Bitsy Spider
      Went up the water spout
      Down came the rain and
      Washed the spider out
      Up came the sun and
      Dried up all the rain and
      Itsy Bitsy Spider
      Went up the spout again.

Helen

Comment

So weird

OMG! I was like a Pavlov dog when my bell rang at 3 or 4 pm, even though I wouldn't pad in to the liquor store til 7 or 8. That's like 4 hours of salivating! They got used to my bark at the stores, and politely ignored my drooling. Price of doing business I guess! :lol So don't worry Jenneh, you're in good company...or should I say pack. Woof...

Keep up the good work!

Deirdre

Comment

Working...
        X