The Cookie Monster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Cookie Monster

A young lady is waiting for her flight in the boarding room of a big airport

Knowing she has a bit of time before her flight she decides to buy a book to read and a bag of cookies to snack on.

She sits down in the VIP room of the boarding area to relax and read in peace.

Beside her chair where the packet of cookies lay; a man sits down in the next seat and opens his magazine.

When she took out the first cookie, the man took one out also.

She was irritated and thought “what nerve this man has!” but said nothing.

She noticed the man was well dressed and obviously not the “panhandler” type.

For each cookie she took the man took one also. This was infuriating her, but she didn’t want to cause a scene.

When finally only one cookie remained in the bag, the man picked it up, divided it into half, and gave her one half of the prize.

This was too much for the lady, and in a huff, she took her book and other things and stormed off to the boarding area for her flight.

Still aggravated after taking off for her destination, she decided to let the incident go. But it was unbelievable how impertinent the man had been. He obviously had a problem.

Relaxing back in her first class lounger, she picked up her purse to take out her book and eyeglasses. To her surprise, she found her packet of cookies still in the bag untouched.

The man had graciously divided his cookies with her …While she had been angry with him for taking hers. There was no chance not to explain herself …nor apologize for her mistake.

The moral of the story is to give with a cheerful heart, you never know which way the cookie will crumble.
    What St. Frances of Assisi said of himself is true for me.
    ?If God can work through me He can work through anybody.?

The Cookie Monster

What a great story!
    Something to be said for keeping your mouth shut once in a while...(I outa know!...) LOL ok maybe someday...
    The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

The Cookie Monster

Wow. I really enjoyed that. As a frequent air traveller I have done many acts of kindness similar to that. Sometimes I get rewarded with a very nice gesture and other times (which is actually less than 50%) the person is an A$$.

I do the acts of kindness because I get so frustrated travelling all the time that being nice to others actually calms me down and helps me get through the travel day.
      Hablur

Comment

The Cookie Monster

Love it, thanks!! A thought to live by in general!

Comment

Working...
        X