Macrobiotics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Macrobiotics

Anybody here into macrobiotics? I'm just getting started and would appreciate any advice, sharing of experiences, etc.
    Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Macrobiotics

Just wanted to add that the book I have makes macrobiotics seem not just interesting but also very appetizing. I thought of this in relation to the "Do we need food" thread. Think I'll also post this on that thread-- so pls don't get annoyed if you see it pop up again there. I'd still like to hear from anyone with experience in macrobiotics though. Or anyone with any thoughts on the subject at all.
    Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

Macrobiotics

I also think macrobiotics is very interesting. I sometimes find it confusing...I'm never quite sure what you are supposed to eat when, but it makes sense it a lot of ways and the food appeals to me. I've been a vegetarian for 14 years, so I've eaten a good bit of macrobiotic meals over the years, though I've never done a real macrobiotic diet. Do you know of any good internet resources on it? I'd be interested in reading more.

Comment

Macrobiotics

I am the same as NYC- vegetarian for a long time, 27 years, but not particularly following macrobiotics. I am very interested in the raw food diet. It is not the same is it? We have raw restaurants in CA and they are quite good. Even have pizza and wine there.

Comment

Macrobiotics

HI,
          I did a macrobiotics diet in the early 70's I think. I absolutely loved the food as I love brown rice as a staple etc. But at that time in my life I would have tremendous energy drains in the middle of the day. And I started to supplement with yoghurt. I think my body needed more protein. I was young & very active. I think it is very hard to maintainthe balance in macrobiotic in our active Western lives.

Since then when I am vegetarian I ususally supplemen t with dairy. Well when I was pregnant I did a lot of dairy & it worked well. That was with my first child. He never liked meat & is now a vegetartian. I was nuts with my second & ate meat during my preganancy. She is a meat-eater.

Comment

Working...
          X