Newbies in Need -Day 22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies in Need -Day 22

Morning everyone, Janice I thought I would start this off for us today as I had time to spare not working today. Hope everyone is doing well and achieving their own personal goals whatever that goal might be. Our thoughts are with Bluesky and wish her a speedy recovery. Janice how are you doing not heard much from you yesterday. I was af as I knew I would be just checked on my chart and in the last 11 days I have been af for 9. slow progress but progress all the same and now hoping for 7 in a row. I have to revise all day for a college exam next week, I am sooo behind on my revision, as I get older I just cannot retain information[ or maybe thats because the booze has destroyed so many brain cells] anyway, exam is next thursday and need to revise everyday till then I will be so pleased when it is over. Exam on horiculture{of course]. Janice you asked for a quote yesterday so here is one off my keyring, I have a book of quotes somewhere I will hunt it out and post one each day till Bluesky is back. Have a great day see you later.

Fear less, hope more,
    Whine less, breathe more,
    Talk less, say more,
    Hate less, love more,

And all good things are yours.
    anon:h

Newbies in Need -Day 22

Oh sorry Garden Girl - we've clashed threads!!! Sorry!!!!!!!!!!! Janicexxx
    AF since 9 May 2012
    Quit trying to control something that is uncontrollable (Bear February 08)

Comment

Newbies in Need -Day 22

Hi Garden Girl and Janice and all to come.

Well done on the AF days Garden Girl - you and I must be in same kinda frame of mind at mo.-last night made me 10 outta 12 AF. Good luck with your revision - think it help`s keep us off the booze - I can`t even read when `partaking`. lol And good luck with your exam.

Janice, what the heck!!!, so you had 2 glasses of red and broke your Golden Rule of no weekday drinking -forget it because you`re doing tremendously well. Sure I broke same rule on Mon. night, and sure, I was annoyed with myself next day, but went right back to being the Diet Coke/ Irn Bru Queen lol

No denying that resisting the booze can make us want to scream at times, but doesn`t every little success just make you feel like 10 feet tall!!!

Have a fun day all.

Starlight Impress

Comment

Newbies in Need -Day 22

Good afternoon all,

To Star and GG 10/12 amd 9/11 is fantastic. And Janice don't be too hard on yourself, these are stressful times for you and just 2 glasses is brilliant. That is miles better than before!!

Well I'm on day 5 today, I can't believe how quickly they add up. We are going to my mum's new house tomorrow for the wekend and I usually try and absatin as I am not allowed to smoke there (or rather she doesn't know!) so as I'm now a non smoker he,he I should be ok. She asked me to bring a couple of bottles of wine with me but that's ok. The others can drink it. I told her to get a big stock of diet drinks in, which isn't unusual.

I am hoping no one will notice I'm not drinking, I won't say a word. Should be quite easy indoors but mum likes to drive into the countryside and go to quaint little pubs so that will be a challange.

Anyway I'm just going to do my best. Good luck to you all for the weekend whatever your goals are.

And for those in the UK let's hope this miserable weather lifts soon. Nothing worse for dampening our spirits.

Kitty

Oh, p.s only 7 days till I go and collect my kitten, I've been waiting 11 weeks for him to grow and I'm so excited now. My home has a touch of the nursery feel already, I've been collecting toys and bit and bobs and have bought him the seetest little thing called a Cat Cube which is a little green tent with toys hanging off!!!
        Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall.
        Confucius

Comment

Newbies in Need -Day 22

2 days AF for me

Hi everyone,

I'm going to jump in and join your thread...I am just starting my supplements today with my CD's coming next week sometime. I haven't had a drink since Tuesday, mostly because I think I drank myself out of a desire to drink the past week (it was way too much) and because I've felt sorta sick (lots of gastro unhappiness, I think it's my body finally revolting against me!). My goal is to mostly abstain until August 19th. I have a charity event next Wednesday that I'm running, and since it's at a bar and quite stressful to me, I'm allowing myself the possibility of having a couple drinks that night. Also I will be traveling for two weeks in Israel in July, so I may consider having a glass or two of wine while I'm there with dinner. But no more wild parties and no more drinking at home by myself. That is the plan. I feel really good this morning and focused on relaxing and feeling better than I have been in the past few weeks. I'm hoping things only continue to get better from here. Hope everyone else is doing great and feeling strong today!

Take care,
          NYCGirl

Comment

Newbies in Need -Day 22

Hi everyone, glad you're all doing so well! Hope Bluesky is doing ok too. I'm on day 8 and apart from feeling tired (which might be due to the weather - it's truly miserable here!) am feeling good.

My counselling didn't happen (crossed wires perhaps, who knows) and this would normally be a big trigger point for me. Today I felt ok about it, a bit annoyed and upset, like I would if a friend hadn't turned up when s/he said s/he would.

Managed a whole week and am on day 8. Tomorrow night will be a bit difficult as there is a big party with, again, lots of champagne (why can't people have beer parties??? I'd find it no problem at all to resist!). Luckily my husband is being really supportive and we'll go late and leave whenever I feel I've had all I can take.

Hope you all have a really good weekend.

Uli

Comment

Newbies in Need -Day 22

Hello Everyone,
              I did not post here yesterday and feel very out of touch. I've had a difficult few days for what ever reasons and hopefully am snapping out of it. DH will be in Norway all next week on business and I plan to not work and just get a bunch of house projects done so that should help me overcome the feeling of non accomplishment I've been feeling. The Topa has made me unable to concentrate. I thought it was withdrawal. So, I'm not able to get much work done so I've been frustrated about that. Wednesday I was so emotional all day I was just a big baby. I drank some wine but did not get a buzz or anything it was not that much. I thought why did I do that, it meant nothing to me. I'm motivated and ready to get back on the journey.

Garden Girl thanks for starting the thread today. Good luck with your studies. About 10 years ago I went back to school at night to pursue a 2nd degree in horticulture and had to drop out because my day job was too demanding. Now I'm just too old, not to learn, but I certainly am not going start another career this close to retirement. I think when we get older we have so many responsibilities it's hard to focus on just one thing. I'm sure your brain is fine. We only use about 10% of it anyway.

Star it sounds like you are doing great, keep at it.

Kitty, WTG on day 5. I hope your weekend goes well, just try to enjoy your mom. How exciting to think about your new pet. So much love and fun on the way.

Janice, you are doing great, hang in there, but don't shut out in the back of your mind the notion that you may not be able to moderate in the long run. I hope you can if that's what you truly want.

NYC Welcome to the thread you sound motivated and ready for a change in your life. Your trip to Israel sounds very exciting, something I've always wanted to do. Be safe. Stay close to the forums and draw a lot of strength for the folks here.

Uli, you are doing great girl. Day 8 is fabulous. You are fortunate to have a supportive husband. Mine is as well. I agree with your idea to make an appearance at the party and leave when you need to. You will feel so much better that way.

I have not heard from Nancy for a couple of days. Check in soon girlfriend.

Have a great weekend everyone.

Melissa :h
              If I ruin my body where will I live? :ranger

Comment

Newbies in Need -Day 22

Hi everyone,

I was doing great for about 3 days, then last night I drank too much.. Well tomorrow is a new day, and I'm glad to hear many of you are doing quite well. For all of us struggling, we just have to keep on trying.

Kali

Comment

Newbies in Need -Day 22

Kali,

Well done on 3 days, glad you don't sound to down about last night.

We just have to learn from our slips and as you said keep on trying.

Have a good weekend everyone,

Kitty
                  Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall.
                  Confucius

Comment

Newbies in Need -Day 22

Well done on your 7 days Uda.

Garden Girl, good luck with the studying. You should be right if you have several cheat sheets you can refer to. And i'm not talking about in the exam. Lol.

Kitty, where your mum lives sounds great! And i am sure you can make something up about why you're not drinking. I have decided to tell people that alcohol and sugar etc. are contributing to my migraines, so i have to give up. The very privilidged few get to know the real reason, but i am not trumpetting it around.
                    One day at a time.. Sometimes it's one minute or one second at a time.. Most important thing is to look ahead and don't look back!

Comment

Working...
                    X