Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day 1 - Again :(

Hey guys,

I found this site more than 6 months ago and managed to kick the habit for about 10 days. Unfortunately, I just couldn't keep motivated.

I have been drinking a fifth of vodka every other day for about 3 months now and really want to stop. I have to get out of this rut so here I am at day 1 again.

Hoping to stay sober for a very long time.

John
    John
    AF since 7/13/2010

Day 1 - Again

John,
    Been thier , done that.......& probably will do it again! Hope not , but you got to keep on trying. Read & Post. It's the best we can do. Support is just a computer away!
    ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
    those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
    Dr. Seuss

Comment

Day 1 - Again

John, don't want to tell you what to do but have you asked a doctor for help? someimes antidepressants, topa, campral etc can be a real life saver. I used med to help be make 94 days, then stopped taking them (and a few other things) and I'm now back to day 2. I know is sucks bigtime. Talk to us as IAD said. Take care man.
      nosce te ipsum
      (Know Thyself)

Comment

Day 1 - Again

Thanks guys, for your support. I went to the Doctor last week but couldn't get up the nerve to tell him how much I was drinking. I did tell him that I was in a slump, de-motivated, and depressed. So, he increased my Lexapro from 10 mg / day to 20 mg / day. Too soon to tell if it will work. He said it would be about 15 days before I noticed any changes.
        John
        AF since 7/13/2010

Comment

Day 1 - Again

Hi Paguy,

Hope you don't mind a girlie joining your thread, Just wanted to say :welcome:

You can do this, ditto the others read and post, Have you downloaded the book??? It's excellent .....

BB xx
          sigpicXXX

Comment

Day 1 - Again

Hi Paguy,

I didn't realise you posted this in the Guy's section till Betty said, so hope you don't mind but I just wanted to :welcome: you too.

Have you read the book? There are some really good supplements out there that you may find beneficial.

Have a good read of posts and check out the meds section. If you don't feel ready to tell your doctor there maybe something you could order online. I'm not a doc though so make sure you read alot of research first.

Take care and good luck,

Kitty
            Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall.
            Confucius

Comment

Day 1 - Again

Hi paguy and a warm welcome.
              Think you should review your options as there seem to be so many readily available to us.
              Am not doing the meds myself, but I know I really want to successfully moderate and continue enjoying my wine a little. Am doing O.K. so far without any meds., but want a sober life no matter what, so wouldn`t hesitate to go down that road if necessary, and as far as I see from the boards, there are a whole lot of people who need the meds and are doing great with them.Think we all need a personal strategy. I wish you the best of luck in finding yours.

Starlight Impress

Comment

Day 1 - Again

The Battle Between the Ant and the Elephant

Good morning, all.

This is the first Saturday morning I have woken up without a hangover in many, many months. What a relief! Of course, this is only day 2 and I know I have a long road ahead of me. I've been reading through many of the posts on this site and I have to admit that I am encouraged.

I wanted to share a concept I recently heard about during a leadership development seminar I attended. That is, the battle between the 'ant' (your conscious) and the 'elephant' (your subconcious). Apparently, the ant is supported by hundreds of thousands of brain cells whereas the elephant is supported by billions of brain cells. So, guess who wins most of the battles when you are trying to make changes? The challenge is to have the ant stay focused and continue to drive you to where you want to be. I think this approach can be taken to achieve any goal that you set for yourself - whether it's becoming AF or becoming a rock star!

Needless to say, this is easier said than done. However, this ant is going to keep on trucking!

John
                John
                AF since 7/13/2010

Comment

Working...
                X