Wine and Topa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wine and Topa

I have been reading and reading many of the threads here. I am one of those who don't REALLY think they have a problem.
    My question is this. I really do enjoy a nice, quality glass of wine and I wonder if the Topa ruins the taste? I have noticed everyone saying that the desire went away but does it just make it taste bad so you don't want any?
    All I am wanting to do is to be able to go to social functions that don't serve wine and not be WHINING inside. I don't like most other soft drinks so I feel really deprived if I can't have my wine with my dinner.
    Thanks so much.
    P.S. Maybe the l glutamine would be sufficient for my needs.

Wine and Topa

A Follow up

I want to add that I don't mean to come off sounding hoity toity. Obviously, I wouldn't be here if I didn't feel like I am a little out of balance!
    Thanks

Comment

Wine and Topa

Re: A Follow up

In my opinion, the topa doesn't ruin the taste, at least not the taste of wine, but the taste of other things. This is very individual, and if you want to continue to have your wine, you will, with or without the topa. Stopping, or slowing, is difficult and is not always a choice. Sometimes I'm in complete control, sometimes I'm so out of control I won't leave the house. Sometimes, I think I'm in control and don't realize it's not a "control" day until I'm already out. I don't have all of the triggers figured out yet so I have to be very careful and it's a step at a time. Just try to be careful and it's the "hoity toity" days when you're bullet proof, when you're probably most vulnerable. Take care and hang in there.

Comment

Wine and Topa

Oh I understand the "whining inside." When I was on Topa, wine did taste different to me...but it still tasted good. I just had enough of the "good" after a glass or so. It just wasn't like when I'm not taking Topa....I LOVE my wine and can just keep sipping and sipping and sipping.

Comment

Working...
        X