lithium orotate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lithium orotate

A new member recently posted that she takes lithium orotate, an OTC natural supplement to curb cravings. I researched it a little on the web and it sounds like an interesting supplement (a mineral) used for manic-depressive disorder, addictions, and even Alzheimers. Does anyone have any experience with it or know more about it?
    Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

lithium orotate

This is what I found:

Los Angeles Times, September 17th, 2003
    JAMA (The Journal of American Medical Association--Click here to read full study) Lithium, an inexpensive drug for bipolar disorder. Lithium is one of the most common elements used for stabilizing mood swings, mania and depression. Lithium orotate is a highly bioavailable form of lithium that is available without a prescription. Because of its superior bioavailability, (20 times more bio-active than other lithium salts) lower doses of lithium orotate (Rather than lithium carbonate or lithium citrate) may be used to achieve therapeutic brain lithium concentrations and relatively stable serum concentrations. (1,2) while greatly reducing the likelihood and severity of potential side effects

Lithium orotate has also been demonstrated to be of benefit in the treatment of alcoholics, and proved useful in alleviating alcohol-related symptoms of liver dysfunction, seizure disorders, headaches, hyperthyroidism, affective disorders. (3) Meniere’s syndrome, and liver and lung cancers. If you cannot tolerate higher doses of lithium due to side effects you might try replacing it with lithium orotate. It requires no blood tests and side effects are pretty much non-existent. It is non-prescription and even at lower doses is just as effective as much higher doses of the prescription forms of lithium.

Standard dose is 2-6 sprays per day or as directed by your physician.

I may check it out. I think you spray it up your nose though. No way am I doing that.

Comment

lithium orotate

I've been on lithium carbonate since November last year as part of my alcohol dependence treatment. To be honest, it's changed my life. I feel "normal" for the first time, and I haven't had a drink in those 7 months. I am also taking campral and doing a lot of work with and without a counsellor.

When I look back on my life I now accept that I am probably a type 2 bi-polar sufferer (the milder version), and my Dr informs me that latest research indicates that 65% of WOMEN who have alcohol problems are bi-polar.

I miss the 'high's' but then again, I don't miss the lows and the hangovers!
      It always seems impossible until it's done....

Comment

lithium orotate

I looked into it as well and I got worried about the kidney warnings. And I am not bipolar so I also wonder if it is helpful only for those who have bipolar tendencies that include alcohol versus someone who is not bipolar and likes alcohol.
        I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

lithium orotate

bipolar

Wow, I have never heard that figure about women alcoholics and bipolar.

I am sure I don't have it, but I do have other things like depression, as you guys know!

Lithium orotate sounds very interesting but it does sound like it would be best to get a doctor's advice on this.

Also, there is a great book about Omega 3 essential fatty acids (many people are defiicent) and depression as well as bipolar disorder. Called Omega 3 Connection by Andrew Stoll. This psychiatrist has done work with a high concentration of omega 3 in bipolar (special formula) and found good results.

Comment

lithium orotate

Difference between Lithium Orotate and Lithium Carbonate

Hi,

I am the new member that posted the message about the lithium orotate. I take it in a pill form, twice a day (with folic acid). I am two weeks AF. I am cautiously optimistic that I have really found something that works for me ( I could not handle Topa at all), that's OTC , and inexpensive. I am taking All One and L-glutamate as well.

I can't beleive it, but I don't want to drink. I have had a half empty bottle of wine in the kitchen for two weeks!! I feel as Flip said that it is giving me my life back. I feel "normal", not afraid of going home and finishing a bottle of wine everynight. My husband is a heavy drinker, and I found myself thinking last night, why is he doing that to himself!!!

I am not bi-polar. I started taking LO because of the research I read regarding its effectiveness with curbing alcohol cravings. It is not to be confused with Lithium Carbonate, which is a prescription and does require blood tests to monitor kidney problems. One study I read by Dr. Hans Nieper, who was the orignal proponent of LO, said that he tested patients for several years for kidney problems , but stopped after awhile since none had developed a problem.

As several people pointed out to my first post, I do have to get my mind in order as well. It seems easier to deal with my issues if I'm not thinking about drinking or feeling guilty for failing.

I want to thank you all so much for being here. Your honesty and courage is amazing.

Comment

lithium orotate

This is one of the supplements listed to be taken in the book "Seven weeks to sobriety" and here is what product info says about it:

A word about Bio-Lithium (Orotate)

Many believe Lithium is a drug; in fact, it's an important trace mineral and
              one that many Americans lack! Standard psychiatric doses of 90-180 mg of
              Elemental Lithium has given Lithium a negative reputation for causing a
              "dial-tone" effect. That's too bad; in lesser doses given at HRC (5-15mg of
              Elemental Lithium daily) we've seen many positive benefits without side
              effects ... particularly for alcoholics:

Both practicing and abstinent alcoholics report low-dose Lithium improves
              mood and decreases the desire for alcohol.
              Alcoholics on Lithium show a reduction in mood disturbances.
              Lithium reduces the number of days incapacitated by drinking severe enough
              to need detoxification.
              At HRC many abstinent alcoholics are able to normalize sleep patterns more
              quickly by supplementing with low-dose Lithium.
              Low Lithium levels have been linked to people with certain conditions
              including: Heart Disease, Learning Disabilities, and Violent Criminal
              Tendencies.
              Other areas Lithium treatment shows promise for include: Depression,
              Irritability, and sometimes Pre-menstrual Moods for women; Irritability, and
              Loss of Temper for men; Aggressive Behavior in children; Anorexia Nervosa;
              Cluster Headaches; Hyperthyroidism/Graves Disease; Gout; Fibromyalgia;
              Herpes Simplex and other Viruses.
              Over 4 months AF :h

Comment

lithium orotate

Great info here. Thanks all for sharing......something to consider.

Comment

lithium orotate

I've looked up about everything on LO, and I'm getting mine tomorrow! I can't do the topa either, same deal, headache, surrounding eye pressure, and sneezing til I wet my pants....sober....lol......! "E", soooo glad you posted about this, you give me alot of hope! I do the amino acids, l-glut powder, evening primrose oil, great pharm. grade vits/min., etc...and I got the ALL ONE weight control formula I have a shake each morning...I'm soooo looking forward to seeing how the LO works!!! I can sure tell I have alot less control without the topa, but I felt just as bad as I did hungover on it! Not Good! Thanks for the info., and please keep posting!
                  "Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending"

Comment

lithium orotate

Let me know how it goes for you Tough! I am very intrigued.

Comment

lithium orotate

Will do, I buying it tomorrow when I go to town, and downing one in the car!....lol......
                      "Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending"

Comment

lithium orotate

Well, I ordered this and I am an internet orderer but I wanted to talk to someone and I found out that some Dr's are actually using this on patients with Lyme's disease because it helps their liver function. Lushy, re-read about the the kidney info. Albumin is in this spray.
                        Albumin is synthesized by the liver, therefore decreased serum albumin may be caused by liver disease. Decreased serum albumin may also result in kidney disease.

Lucky, they also told me that you don't have to spray this up your nose. You can use it under your tongue if you can't handle putting it up your nose. It just works faster up your nose.

I hope this stuff works. Lately I have been feeling like this.:upset: And my poor husband wants more of this.:dancin: between the sheets. I'll let you know! Happier

Comment

lithium orotate

right wish i was in my right mind cos i want to take all this in its interesting, im bein drunk an thick, can some 1 explain, simply, im feelin thick, what is bi polar, i have vauge clue, but i d like to know, the lithium sounds beneficial, i suffer many thimgs, mebtioned, particularly the gout,an depression, again, is gout anything like tendonitus, i was told yrs ago, i had tendonitus, but startin to wonder if it s gout, some 1 joked, but every time i drink loads a brandy its,worse, thats how they picked up on high liver results from a blodtest for arthritus , last year, any info xxxx
                          :upset: lol the assmaster!! im slowly tryin to unwedge my head out my arse !!

Comment

lithium orotate

More2, call some high-end health food stores up there, they are bound to have it there if they carry it in Tyler, Texas....lol...if not, call me tomorrow, and I'll get you a bottle when I pick mine up, and send it to ya asap!!!!

Comment

lithium orotate

Just thought I would mention this.

I posted a short reference to using lithium orotate a couple of months ago in my post "500 days of xtexan" in Long Term.

I have been using this off and on for several weeks now, and it definitely has made me less "volatile" in temper. While I'm not an overtly hair trigger type of person, I used to have to bite my tongue clear off sometimes. It has made a difference on this long road trip I'm on as well. When some complete a$$hole cuts me off or hogs the road, I have found my temper not going ballistic like it used to.

The short story is, went from Dr. McCoy to Mr. Spock with this stuff. No miracle cure, but it has it's place for me.

Neil

Comment

Working...
                              X