You guys are my friends so I thought I'd share

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

if you want to read about Hep c. I would love to share with you.

www.hepctherapy.net/image...cover3.gif

www.liverfacts.com/ms/gui.../main.html

hometown.aol.com/nydragonslayer/

Thanks to everyone who looks at these and spreads the word.

Love
    Marcie

Wow ... thanks Marcie, that is a powerful letter. I have a couple of friends w/ Hep C. I wish I'd read something like that sooner, it really sheds a lot of light, on how a person feels...
    thanks, & Hugs, Judie

Comment

Letter to People without HCV

Judie you might get some insight from this as well

Please understand that being able to stand up for ten minutes, doesn't necessarily mean that I can stand up for twenty minutes, or an hour. And, just because I managed to stand up for thirty minutes yesterday doesn't mean that I can do the same today. With a lot of diseases you're either paralyzed, or you can move. With this one it gets more confusing.

Please repeat the above paragraph substituting, "sitting", "walking", "thinking", "being sociable" and so on ... it applies to everything. That's what Hepatitis does to you. Please understand that HCV or HBV is variable. It's quite possible (for me, it's common) that one day I am able to walk to the park and back, while the next day I'll have trouble getting to the kitchen. Please don't attack me when I'm ill by saying, "But you did it before!", if you want me to do something then ask if I can. In a similar vein, I may need to cancel an invitation at the last minute, if this happens please do not take it personally. Please understand that "getting out and doing things" does not make me feel better. Telling me that I need a treadmill, or that I just need to loose (or gain)weight, get this exercise machine, join this gym, try these classes... may frustrate me to tears, and is not correct... if I was capable of doing these things, don't you know that I would? I am working with my doctor and physical therapist and am already doing the excercise and diet that I am suppose to do. Another statement that hurts is, "You just need to push yourself more, exercise harder..." Obviously HCV deals directly with muscles, and because our muscles don't repair themselves the way your muscles do, this does far more damage than good and could result in recovery time in days or weeks or months from a single activity. Also, Hepatitis may cause secondary depression (wouldn't you get depressed if you were hurting and exhausted for years on end!?) but it is not created by depression. Please understand that if I say I have to sit down/lie down/take these pills now, that I do have to do it right now - it can't be put off or forgotten just because I'm out for the day (or whatever). Hepatitis does not forgive.

If you want to suggest a cure to me, don't. It's not because I don't appreciate the thought, and it's not because I don't want to get well. It's because I have had almost every single one of my friends suggest one at one point or another. At first I tried them all, but then I realized that I was using up so much energy trying things that I was making myself sicker, not better. If there was something that cured, or even helped, all people with Hepaititis then we'd know about it. This is not a drug-company conspiracy, there is worldwide networking (both on and off the Internet) between people with Hepatitis if something worked we would KNOW.

If after reading that, you still want to suggest a cure, then do it, but don't expect me to rush out and try it. I'll take what you said and discuss it with my doctor.

In many ways I depend on you - people who are not sick - I need you to visit me when I am too sick to go out... Sometimes I need you help me with the shopping, cooking or cleaning. I may need you to take me to the doctor, or to the physical therapist. I need you on a different level too ... you're my link to the outsideworld... if you don't come to visit me, then I might not get to see you... and, as much as it's possible, I need you to understand me.

Comment

Re: Letter to People without HCV

Thanks Marcie, thats the letter I was reffering to.

Comment

Thankfully right now I don't feel like that. But in a couple monthis I may

Comment

Praying for ya!

Comment

Marcie,
              we are all here for you, and really really really hope the meds don't make you feel sick when you don't feel like that now. You don't deserve it. Nobody here knows what it's like to be in your shoes (anyone who does should shout out to Marcie), but we'll all do our best. You are super strong- you're the one who posted about ramen noodles to cheer up us!

Comment

Praying and supporting you with caring thoughts Marcie.
                Hugs,
                Miss Layla

Comment

Thankyou Marcie, that was very informative to me. I am truly sorry for your pain. gabby

Comment

Hi Marcie,

Wishing you the absolute best of health in this tough situation. I hope you don't have to go through that.

Hugs and prayers,
                    Mary

Comment

Hi, Marcie. I read everything in the links you provided ... and I have at least learned the basic facts. The Dragon. Jeez. I hope that in the future I can support you as much as possible (as you have supported me) and not be a PITA like I was last night. Here was me, worrying about high cholesterol - what total bullsht versus what you are going through.

I am glad you brought this out in the forum so that we can all learn and spread the word.

My best and my apologies for being such an a$$ last night, asking if you wanted to chat ... of course not, not while I'm drunk. YOu will be in my prayers and thoughts constantly.

Hugs, peace and love
                      Cathy

Comment

Working...
                      X