Addicted to Endorophines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Addicted to Endorophines

I am still up and alert...basically still on a high after a 4.5 mile run/walk I did 3 hours ago. It is 11pm where I live. This has really helped me in my moderation goals. I have never finished a workout and said to myself, "Gee, I really wish I hadn't done that."
    Sometimes I wonder...."Why is that frisbee getting bigger?"...and then it hits me.

Addicted to Endorophines

I am envious. Sadly, I am one of those exercisers that has NEVER gotten the endorphin rush. EVER. I feel miserable after I work out so there is no incentive for me to work out. I got a Pilates machines so I am going to try that. Maybe low impact is my thing.....Good for you PP!!! Keep it up!!!
    I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Addicted to Endorophines

Lushy, your kidding!? that's kind of sad. after a night of Jiu Jitsu I'm so pumped i can hardly sleep. and what the heck is a pilates machine? does it make pate' ?
      nosce te ipsum
      (Know Thyself)

Comment

Addicted to Endorophines

Yeah, i feel great after i exercise, I know I have just accomplished something great for myself. Maybe you are dreading exercise so you cant enjoy it afterwards, or you just need to fund an activity you enjoy...you should be feeling good after your done though.
        It's not that some people have willpower and some don't. It's that some people are ready to change and others are not.
        James Gordon, M.D.

Comment

Addicted to Endorophines

Yes it is sad but true. D, you do not know what Pilates is? No the machine does not make pate, although that would be a nice bonus. It is a form of exercising that focuses on the core (abdomen, etc). I have never done it but hear it is great. Will let you know.

Comment

Addicted to Endorophines

Good for you, PP. Endorphines really are addictive. Once you get used to feeling relaxed and happy after a workout, you'll miss it when you don't get it. One of my running coaches used to say that the only thing worse than running on a bad day when you just don't want to get out there is not running.

Lushy and others, Pilates is wonderful. DVDs aren't nearly as beneficial as classes with a qualified instructor; form is of vital importance. After a class with a good instructor, you'll feel energized, floaty and anxious to go back.

Comment

Addicted to Endorophines

neato! well I believe Lushy understands the Pilates so I'm the lesser-informed one...interesting. Feeling floaty sounds good. I got one of those Swiss balls for excercising but no video on how to use it. I get a floaty feeling rolling around on it It's actually pretty fun. We use them to warm up at jiu jitsu sometimes as they are great for balancing and rotating, but I should get a DVD and learn the proper things to do with it as well.
              nosce te ipsum
              (Know Thyself)

Comment

Addicted to Endorophines

Lushy, BFF! I too have a Pilates machine...it's under the bed, covered in dust...but I KNOW it really is a great way to exercise--I just lack all motivation (other than fantasizing in my head about it)...I don't think I've ever had the endorphin thing either....:upset: :upset:
                "I'm a sucker for a good resurrection story." Anne Lamott

Comment

Addicted to Endorophines

Perhaps we can share measurements of who has the thickest amount of dust on theirs Sujul? I think I would win!!! BFF!!

Comment

Working...
                  X