on the wagon tomorrow!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

on the wagon tomorrow!

This is it! i've just quit my job due to an aggressive boss and although i'm on sick for stress and i get full pay i feel that i HAVE to make some changes.

Not only the fact that i won't be getting as much money coming in but i really do need to sort myself out so i can get another job.So....i see this as the perfect oppurtunity to get straight. I do feel a little scared(actually very scared) because i've not had a sober night for literally years. I think its going to be hard but i have no choice but to stick with it. Oh god, just writing this has made the reality of it sink in, i think its time to get some b"&*s and stop moaning and just get stuck in.....i WILL do this!

Keep your fingers crossed for me!

best wishes to all. lj.

on the wagon tomorrow!

lj
    What a great time for a new beginning.... You can do it with this program. Do you have the book? That's a good place to find support and vent when you need to.

All fingers crossed and toes!
    Nancy

Comment

on the wagon tomorrow!

Thanks nancy!

especially for crossing the toes! that must be hard work!

I'm not doing any supps or reading the book so i'm just going to have to do it the old fashioned way and.....stop! deep breath lee, deep breath! I will do it, I,m determined.

i,ll post tommorrow to let you know how i've got on.x

Comment

on the wagon tomorrow!

Hey Lee,

You know that we will all be pulling for you here!!! Keep posting--5 skillion times a day if you have to!! We'll be here for you 24/7!

Check you ezbox. I will send you an ezmail as soon as they lift the ban (I went over my limit!) Just checked, that will be in about 4 hours or so, so I may have to wait until later,cause I'm going out. You can check tomorrow.

Kathy

Comment

on the wagon tomorrow!

Thanks kathy that means a lot.

5 skillion! thats a lot! i suppose it'll keep me busy though eh!x

Comment

on the wagon tomorrow!

Hi LJ,
            Very proud but a little concerned that you are doing all on your own because we don't really know how much you drink or what you drink. Going through withdrawal is pretty rough on the body and you may need a sedative of some sort (like valium, do you have anything like that or can you go to the doctor tomorrow and talk to them about this?)- that's why people get the shakes, seizures, etc. Are you alone? I would hate to thing of you being all alone..We are all here for you Patty

Comment

on the wagon tomorrow!

hya patty.

i am alone in this which is probably going to make things harder. even my mother has no idea how much i drink, in fact nobody knows just how carried away i have got with my drinking the last couple of years. I am on medication at the moment for stress, my doc has given me beta blockers which tends to slow down your heart rate and generally calm you down.

i am not looking forward to the dt's but i suppose after a couple of days i will feel much better(i hope!) it has to be better than waking up with a hangover every day eh?

p.s i drink around 130 units a week, way too much!

Comment

on the wagon tomorrow!

good I am glad you are on meds- makes me feel better over here- good luck and like I said we'll be here for you!!

You should to a vitamin shop tomorrow and get some L-Glutamine 1000 mg capsules- they help with the cravings- if it gets really bad you can open the capsule and put directly on your tongue. Basically you need anything to keep you calm- anything that can help you sleep off the first 3 days of withdrawal I would think. Get some Melatonin from the shop too. That will help you sleep. Some people on here take up to 9 mg I think right guys???? Get some nice relaxing tea there too. Patty

Comment

on the wagon tomorrow!

Hi Lee, Yes best wishes to you. As I recall you also have not read the book or the program. Have you done so yet? Do you have a doc or an addiction counselor you can call while you are going through withdrawal? That could be could. You can go online on this website & order the book & CDs & supps you may not find at health food stores...good suggestions by Patty & others..How much is 130 units in American terms? We will all be pulling for you ..but I really believe in medical support as does the author of this program. Chrysa

Comment

on the wagon tomorrow!

lj,
                    It is great that you are making a start.
                    Keep in mind it is a journey.
                    You can do it.
                    Love and Peace,
                    Phil

Comment

on the wagon tomorrow!

Hey lj -

Read the book - Honest to God it will help you more than you know.

Keep posting - we'll be here.

Helen

Comment

on the wagon tomorrow!

book

I downloaded the book and read it in a few hours. Couldnt put it down. really gabby

Comment

on the wagon tomorrow!

lj,

I just read your posting...now is the time....I agree. A fresh start, scared or not....close your eyes and jump....you can do it. It sounds as though you are stronger than you realize...here for ya if you need to chat...

NRM

Comment

on the wagon tomorrow!

Hi Lee,

Glad you've decided to give it another go. Hey - keep reading Kirky's posts - he's a fellow Brit and is doing really well with abstaining. Maybe you guys should talk to each other.

Tawny

Comment

on the wagon tomorrow!

Hey There Lee,

I seem to be coming late to the well wisher party here but ya know what they say, better late than never! You can do this!! Hang in there and keep close the boards for support. Like Kathy said post a million if you have to!! We are all here you!!!

Donna

Comment

Working...
                              X