Pleased

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pleased

Well Guys i have hit the big Five O that is days without today....Had a near side step to the left as i call it..but resisted ..the old man on the left shoulder started nagging, needed the old man on the right shoulder to tell him where to go..
    Question to all...Do any of you find it a bind with your friends when you stop drinking that they mither you to death asking questions why you have given up .. Want to know the ins and outs etc..with me its getting a real pain in the backside..
    Also found a nice soft drink aswell called "j2o" orange and pomegranite very nice and its cheaper than beer!
    Keep well all
    Cookie

Pleased

Hi Cookie,

:goodjob: & :welcome: ,

Yes the J20's are great, passionfruit & mango is my favourite.

Kitty
    Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall.
    Confucius

Comment

Pleased

Do you mean 50? Wow that's great.

About the friends, can't you just tell them you are trying to live healthier and tell them how much better you feel when you don't drink.? You could mention the other things you are doing in your quest for a healthier lifestyle like better diet, exercise, meditating, etc., so that it soesn't appear to be just an alcohol thing.I have a few good friends who never drink and they are not alcoholics, just very health-conscious and basically just don't like to drink. I always admired them and was secretly envious. Now it's our turn to make those other drinkers envious, ha ha.
      Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

Pleased

Cookie141,
        Am delighted for you.....well done!!!!

Must try J20........am getting bored with the usual soft drinks.

Best wishes,

Starlight Impress

Comment

Working...
        X