Problems opening Just Starting Out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problems opening Just Starting Out

Hi there - the link to the Just Starting Out section from the main menu is not working for me. It just stays on the main menu. I can get there by clicking on another members msg in the sidebar, if there is one, but not thru the main menu. I suppose it could be my iPad but all the other links seem to work ok. Can you help please?
    Mary Lou

A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty. Winston Churchill

Re: Problems opening Just Starting Out

Originally posted by Marylou123 View Post
    Hi there - the link to the Just Starting Out section from the main menu is not working for me. It just stays on the main menu. I can get there by clicking on another members msg in the sidebar, if there is one, but not thru the main menu. I suppose it could be my iPad but all the other links seem to work ok. Can you help please?
    Hello Marylou,

Always a good first starting point is to log out fully from the forum, clearing all of the cookies your Safari browser holds from the forum.

Re log back in using the "Remember Me" radio tab and then try again.

Please note that following the php upgrade two days ago some links may not work and the aformentioned is always the best starting point. Firefox users may in addition need to effect a browser refresh to help this issue.
    Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Thank you! It's working now.
      Mary Lou

A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty. Winston Churchill

Comment

Oops..spoke to quick. Can still back into the Nest but JSO link isn't working. I'll try logging out again.
        Mary Lou

Comment

Originally posted by Marylou123 View Post
          Oops..spoke to quick. Can still back into the Nest but JSO link isn't working. I'll try logging out again.
          Try;

Clear the history and cookies from Safari on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support
          Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Thank you so much. That did the job - I tested it a couple of times. Great support - I really appreciate it.
            Mary Lou

Comment

Thought I would give this a bump. I ran into this problem yesterday on my phone and on my Kindle. All better now. Thank you. :thanks:
              "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
              AF - 7-27-15

Comment

It seems like the Newbies Nest is unavailable. Any suggestions?

Comment

Originally posted by NoSugar View Post
                  It seems like the Newbies Nest is unavailable. Any suggestions?
                  Initially log out and remove your browser cookies/cache for the forum and login again. This will usually do the trick.

If you need help with this post back again with your device and browser information.

Cookie removal from popular browsers

Comment

I just tried this, removed cookies, and it seems I have access to all threads except the Newbies Nest. It doesn't look like anyone has been able to post there today.
                    thank you for your quick replies.

Comment

Clearing cookies did not solve the problem. It seems odd that so many different people, using different browsers, computers, phones, and tablets would suddenly experience the same problem. Thank you for investigating further.

Comment

Originally posted by NoSugar View Post
                        Clearing cookies did not solve the problem. It seems odd that so many different people, using different browsers, computers, phones, and tablets would suddenly experience the same problem. Thank you for investigating further.
                        I would place a small wager you are all using Chrome.

Comment

I am - on my computer and iPad. I'll try from a different browser.

Comment

Actually, I can get in the NN now on Chrome, so something changed.

There were no posts for 24 hours so it seems like something more than a Chrome issue was going on unless 99% of the people here use Chrome.

Anyway, thanks for your quick response!

Comment

Chrome and vBulletin are known for not being the best of friends.

Comment

Working...
                              X