topa not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

topa not working

im on due to take topa number 4 today, this afternoon. the cravings are still killing me and im desperatly unhappy...i mean DESPERATLY....other factors are involved, but the fact remains that i dont think i can do this...i just want to cry

topa not working

Hi Waiting,

So if you are on day four, you are at 25mg. right? Are you taking any of the supps...kudzu, l-glut, gaba?

Donna

Comment

topa not working

yep im 25mg. my sups havn't arrived yet. i had to order from the usa coz they were so much more expensive here in the uk. im going out of my mind with the cravings and just want to give in til the supps get here. im trying to work....its lunch time here in uk, but im just on the verge of tears...i know im going to drink tonight...utterly miserable..sorry for sounding so wet....

clare

Comment

topa not working

claire - can you hop into "chat" now? I'll wait to see if you need to talk.

Claire - don't know if you went in. My 'puter crashed. I'll try again.

Comment

topa not working

Tawny you Rock! Hang in there Claire! You don't sound wet! This is hard as hell!!

Donna

Comment

topa not working

Ahhhh.....I hope that went well Clare and Tawney. Either way Clare.....if ya drank or got past it.....say to yourself to keep on goin, keep on goin. hugs to you both, gabby

Comment

topa not working

oh ya, what about tirating up a smidge sooner. g

Comment

topa not working

will that send me ga-ga sooner...or should i hang in there til the supps come..im due to go up to 50mg on saturday..i know im going to fall tonight coz of emotional havoc going on....

Comment

topa not working

Waiting, did you or can you get some calms forte? This will help "smoothe the ragged edges" somewhat. Also, try some chamomile tea. Hang in there Waiting, all fits of cravings do pass!!!!

Ter

Comment

topa not working

I know it is hard to wait when you are desperate, Clare, but 25 mg doesn't do it for most people. If you can go up to 50 sooner, do it, if you can't, you just can't right now. Sorry about all the stress in your life. I have the feeling that in a number of weeks this will all be evened out for you. I know that is not much comfort now, but I hope you will try to keep the faith. Hang in there. We're all sending you good vibes.

Take care
                    Kathy

Comment

topa not working

Clare, Kathy is on it. I agree. Try goin up early even if you slipped last night. It wont ga ga you. Maybe you might forget the name of your cat, but they wont know. (that happened to me yesterday) Anyway, just keep on goin. This IS very hard. Good stuff waitin for us at the end of the tunnel tho. G

Comment

topa not working

im sorry for all these numpty questions...my book hasn't arrived yet....along with all my supps...>: ...is it normal for people to fall off during the first week? please god tell me yes else i think i'll hang myself, metaphorically speaking. i thought i was doing so well til all this emotional stuff blew up, now i just feel like all the old issues have come back. quite a rollercoaster for just 3 days i can tell you. i'll take my topa as usual this afternoon then i guess? the other thing i was wondering about was, i went on a massive carbohydrate binge yesterday. i usually stay away from carbs and it doesn't worry me but id been off the wine for 2 days and i went bonkers on cookies and bread? thanks for all the advice, hope you don't mind the dumb questions and keep it coming...i need all the help i can get...hugs to you all

Comment

topa not working

bedtime?

tawny, thanks so much for the chat...hope you are definately in bed by now?
                          xxx
                          clare

Comment

topa not working

Re: topa

Waiting-
                            I was in the same position as you a week ago. On 25mg the cravings were down but didn't go away. I upped my topa to 50 on day 4 and it made a difference. I had a couple of glasses of wine every night last week b/c I couldn't handle the cravings. Today is day 8 for me and I am going up to 75mg. Yesterday was the first day that I didn't drink a drop since I can't even remember when. The calms forte definitely helps if you can get some of that. I don't know how much you were drinking before, but I was up to two bottles of wine a night (sometimes more on weekends) I think in addition to the meds I needed to wean my body off of the wine slowly. I don't think I could have done cold turkey. But last night I promise I didn't even think about it. We'll see how tonight goes. Hang in there...If it can work for me, I know it will work for you!!
                            Julie J.

Comment

topa not working

Re: topa

hi julie, i was on 2 bottles a night forever too. had the occasional 2-3 stint of the wine when my body couldn't cope anymore but by day 4 i was so chuffed with myself id give me a reward...of 2 bottles of wine...and so the cycle started again. i know deep down im using my emotional distress to drink tonight but the switch has been flicked now and i know im drinking tonight, if someone broke my legs id probably drag myself to the shop to buy some wine. im still waiting for my supps to arrive from the States, i had to do it that way coz of finances, i could have got them all this week in england (except the calms forte) but they were so much more expensive. i still worry that the topa will slow me down too much, i have 2 beautiful young children and they will certainly take advantage if mummy is a bit 'foogy', but i suppose if i am a bit doped i wont care so much will i?:lol ...i wont give up though, that much i do know and your words have really encouraged me. thank you.

xxxx
                              clare

Comment

Working...
                              X