Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP and new

:new:

Hi, my husband has been drinking for five years now and it is just getting worse. He say he is trying and I am not being understanding but he drinks all the time that does not seem like trying to me. He knows we don't have the money but he rather drink than deal with life. After five long years I am at the end of my rope and ready to leave him. Funny thing is if I leave him with the kid he won't drink. Go figure! So is it me why he drinks? I have gone away a couple of times without the kid and he claims that he did not drink. OK yes I don't believe him heck I don't trust him. What kind of marriage do you have when there is not trust. He has lied to me over and over again and I am suppose to stand uo and put up. What can I do at this point besides end my marriage?

HELP and new

Welcome to MWO Loverley. You have come to a great place for support and a good place to learn about this addiction. There are several wives of folks here than can better help you out than I since I am one of the ones with a drinking problem.

All I can say is that for myself I do try and I know that I have hurt my own spouse. This is is a very hard battle to fight and I hope others can help you.
    Hablur

Comment

HELP and new

hi i really feel 4 u, i have been on both sides of the fence, my childs father was a violent drunk, i spent 2 yrs not drinking , it provoked him as money was tight, we could not afford jack sxxt, he would even spend money on beer rather than coal to keep r new born warm, that ended as he was liable to of ended up killing me, i was a nervous miserable wreck wiv a 6 mth old, i kept myself together a while, i met a guy when my son was 2, another drunk, another violent drunk, i began to drink a bit while i was waiting 4 him to come home from pub, yet i could not understand y he would make himself so il, he was yellow most of the time, i began to despise alcohol yet the whole time i was drinking more to cope wiv him,THIS MY DEAR IS NOT THE ANNSWR, now my child is 10 an guess what im the hopeless drunk, i dont really know what to say except dont leave your child wiv him if u leave, maybe tough love is the answer, i dont know how u feel about leaving him, or if u want to help him sort it, i know from my own experience that stopping is so hard, u cant flick a switch, i thought that about my ex s couldnt work out y they would continue when they knew what was at stake, but hell here i am, in the same place , desperate to stop, but also desperate 4 help, its different for every individual, but every person wiv a problem shares the same problem, the damm off switch is broke, i think there will bpeople who can give u clearer advice, just kep checking, theres lots of good people who will offer any advice they can, all in different time zones to, so like i said keep checking, an chin up, xx
      :upset: lol the assmaster!! im slowly tryin to unwedge my head out my arse !!

Comment

HELP and new

:thanks:

I know it is hard for my husband too.

Comment

HELP and new

yep it must b, u got to decide how much u r prepared to accept, it s not fair on u r your child , u dont have the escape of getin blotto, cos u have to cope with him an child, oh i do feel 4 u, i got 2 go bed its 3 am bf will b gettin up soon, ill get a bollocking if i don t go bed! like i said keep checkin an u will get loads more points a view, take care, xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Comment

HELP and new

hi loverly, sorry if i wasent much help, keep checking , maybe post again, c if u can find some other points of view, i really do feel 4 u, xxxxxxx

Comment

HELP and new

Loverley,
              I am sorry you are so frustrated. Please read the threads in this section and you will find that you are not alone. Breathe. Hug your kids. Keep us updated.
              Dx
              * * I love Determinator * *

Comment

Working...
              X