Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Along w/ trying to stop drinking...I need to lose weight..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just posted a "help" about needing support w/ stopping drinking however, I am also in need of losing weight. Where to start? I use to be so tiny, I am 31, and until 2 yrs ago, I was almost 5'9", and only 125lbs.. and now...dealing w/ the stress of a failed marriage, and being a single mom, I have taken to alcohol and insane amounts of food. I have put on almost 50lbs in two years and don't know how to stop....any thoughts? How do I push away the burgers and chips and Taco Bell and such?? :

Re: Along w/ trying to stop drinking...I need to lose weight

No way NRM......thats my story! Be unhappy in your marriage......overdrink/overeat......Work through seperation and divorce....overdrink/overeat....Teenage worries without support.......overdrink/overeat.....stress of owning small business......overdrink/overeat.....and on and on. Always in that order too. It got to the point where I liked beer best on an empty stomach to get the buzz quicker. Used to be just because I liked the taste. gabby

Comment

Oh ya! the topa helps a lot on both. Cant wait to see what it's like when I increase the dose. (what a good little addict I am) :

Comment

HI, NRM. I too put on an enormous amount of weight when I went through my divorce. Only fortunate thing there was I wanted out and my daughter was going to start college. That last year, when I told my ex he was leaving, I got really fierce and strong. Lost 50 lbs. I am 5'9" also. Probably older than you - I'm 50 now, did that five years ago. Atkinfriends.com is a great site for losing weight. That is what I used.

I have since met a new SO, been together 3 years in October but he is a drinker, too. Plus I had a house fire last year and still cleaning up, fixing up ... so I started drinking too much again and overeating, the wrong foods, and late at night. I also exercised to Richard Simmons, who I despised but now I like him and it worked. I need to get back on that program cuz now I have high cholesterol and lord knows what else. Going to see doc about it in about two hours. Posted but no responses (sigh).

The board helps, I downloaded the book, bought the CDs, taking supps and vitas but no Topa or Campral. I've only made it four days in a row at a time so far but I have not given up hope.

Hang in there - stay on the board when you can.
        Peace
        Cathy

Comment

Thanks for the kinds words Cathy

Wow...we are about in the same boat...I just haven't reached the "get me back" point...which I need to....went and bought South Beach Diet meals tonight and having a drink....Milk w/ Ovaltine...much better than what I did days ago. Discovering it is time to take ME back, my life, my everything..It is MY life and I want to look good again and I am facing that I am stronger than the darn alcohol. I have to much going for me to not follow through. It was nice hearing from you, write me sometime..keep ya posted on my progress if you do the same.

Comment

Working...
          X