• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Magic Pill

Hi folks - here goes:

Today someone offered me a Magic Pill - they said it would:

Make me happier, nicer to my family and friends, everyone would love me;
    Save me money, every week I'd have money in my purse, every month I'd have money left over in my bank;
    Help me lose weight, the pounds come off no matter how much I seem to eat;
    Make me more successful in my work, more alert, more efficient;
    Let me achieve every goal I set myself, no matter what, I will have the energy, enthusiasm and drive.

Yes, yes, I said, I'll take the Magic Pill - but no, they said, the Magic Pill isn't something you take, it's something you don't take. So tomorrow is going to be Day 1 of (not) taking the Magic Pill - I've been here before and it didn't work out, but I'm posting this just so that every time I think the Magic Pill isn't working, I can come back and remind myself of all the benefits and all the consequences of my decision. We'll see, but I know I can't go on like this - the last bottle of the last of the summer wine is open - it'll be finished tonight, for good this time. Good luck to everyone else on this journey, damn it's hard, but it has to be worth it, eh?:thanks:

The Magic Pill

Welcome, congratulations, and good luck!
    Hugs,
    imatree

Comment

The Magic Pill

Thank you - I've been reading some posts and it seems we are all on a long hard road - this isn't my first attempt, but I so want it to be my last!

Again, many thanks for the welcome

Comment

The Magic Pill

Good for you. Are you going to try any supplements?:goodjob:

Comment

The Magic Pill

Hello Hart - yes I think I should as I've tried to go cold turkey before and failed miserably. I have read that the Kudzu is helpful and the L-Glutamine, I don't want any "medical" stuff like the Topa, although it does seem to have good results. I also need to cut down on carbohydrates as this seems to increase my cravings, and I could do with losing a "ton" or two of weight as well, so maybe no bread, white rice, that kind of thing. I often crave pasta and rice and I've read somewhere that this and alcohol cravings are very similar. Healthy body, healthy mind and all that!!!:thanks:

Comment

The Magic Pill

Hi and welcome,

good for you for trying again and not giving up.
            let us know how you get on
            Diamond
            xx
            I feel as though it's all happening to someone right next to me.
            I'm close, I can feel it, I can hear it, but it isn't really me.

Marilyn Monroe

Comment

The Magic Pill

(((LOTSW)))

I wouldn't try everything at once. It might be too overwhelming. If you plan on going AF you might try that for a few days then other things. Some folks here try giving up smokes and alcohol, and some have succeeded. I did lose about ten pounds going AF and I didn't really change anything else so Good luck!

Comment

The Magic Pill

Welcome and best of luck to you Last. The kudzu and l-glut is a great combination to help with the cravings. I also like the CDs very much. Keep us posted on your progress.
                I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

The Magic Pill

I've heard that majic pill makes your eyes sparkle too
                  :h :h :h :h

Comment

The Magic Pill

I've heard that majic pill makes your eyes sparkle too
                    :h :h :h :h

Comment

The Magic Pill

Hi and :welcome:

You certainly sound determined so hopefully this will be the last new start - what I found wonderful at the beginning was how the new starts built up on each other though - the new time spent with my daughters, the new fitness programme I started, the new days with no hang over, the new ways of handling stress, the newness of each new day and just the appreciation of being part of life again! So although it's hopefully the last new start , it's also the first of many 'new' things too!

Best of luck and keep coming back - you're right, we're all in it together and although the journeys are different for each of us there are many commonalities so if you have questions, concerns, want to share, ups, downs - just post and someone will be here!

Warmest wishes,
                      :rays: Arial

Last first day - 15th April 2012
                      Goals:
                      Days 1-7 DONE
                      Days 8-14 DONE
                      Days 15-21 DONE
                      30 days DONE
                      60 days
                      100 days

Comment

The Magic Pill

Welcome,
                        The best of everything to you on your new journey. You will encounter so many things that you have forgotten you were missing out on.

Stay close and let us know how you are doing.

Melissa
                        If I ruin my body where will I live? :ranger

Comment

The Magic Pill

I like the way you think!

Refined products, like white bread and white rice, are probably what you read about. Whole grains (must be 100% whole grain or 100% whole wheat (not a mix) are good for you and don't lead to big spikes in blood sugar, as sugar and alcohol do.

if you crave carbs, some people think that is because you are deficient in serotonin. Serotonin gets to the brain with less competition from other amino acids. Carbs help get it there.

Comment

Working...
                          X