X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*** MWO Forum update ***

Dear MWO users,

We deeply apologize for the issues!

Our Webhost took a severe hit this week by phishing attack, we ensure all data is protected.

Explained:

Our web cluster took a phishing hit and caused many phishing sites deployed, the server was taken down and accounts migrated to a new cluster.

Once the new cluster was online, one phishing site was missed and the new data center immediately terminated our server cluster

Friday at noon EST: we immediately obtained a new datacenter and started building a new redundant cluster. we patched and stabilized the cluster.

Saturday: we started migrating one account at a time to ensure the cleanliness of the account. If it did not pass our inspection the account was not restored and will not be restored until the enduser has cleaned the backup.

Currently we are restoring accounts and monitoring all aspects of the infrastructure.

Again we apologize for all the issues!

Zach

UPDATE

There may be a few minutes of downtime here and there this weekend as patches are applied!!!

Thank you for your patients !
    Last edited by ZachThe Man; February 1, 2020, 09:12 PM.
    buymeacoffee.com/ZachTheMan

Re: *** MWO Forum update ***

Thank you, sooooooo much I'd give you a hug but we don't know each other well enough.
    It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Thanks Zach appreciate the info.
      Molly
      Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
      contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Thanks for the explanation!
        Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
          Thank you, sooooooo much I'd give you a hug but we don't know each other well enough.
          [MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION] It done bother me! I'm a hugger!!! Love to give and even more receive them !

Comment

Go on then.............:hug::hug:
            It could be worse, I could be filing.
            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Thank you!

Comment

Amazing! Thank you so much!
                If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
                Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Good on you Zach. Thanks for your great work.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

UPDATE

There may be a few minutes of downtime here and there this weekend as patches are applied!!!

Comment

Thanks Zack for all you and the rest of the support team do for the rest of us!
                      Last edited by abcowboy; February 1, 2020, 10:37 PM.
                      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Thanks Zach, great work, much appreciated.
                        AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Originally posted by zmenchhofer View Post
                          Dear MWO users,

We deeply apologize for the issues!

Our Webhost took a severe hit this week by phishing attack, we ensure all data is protected.

Explained:

Our web cluster took a phishing hit and caused many phishing sites deployed, the server was taken down and accounts migrated to a new cluster.

Once the new cluster was online, one phishing site was missed and the new data center immediately terminated our server cluster

Friday at noon EST: we immediately obtained a new datacenter and started building a new redundant cluster. we patched and stabilized the cluster.

Saturday: we started migrating one account at a time to ensure the cleanliness of the account. If it did not pass our inspection the account was not restored and will not be restored until the enduser has cleaned the backup.

Currently we are restoring accounts and monitoring all aspects of the infrastructure.

Again we apologize for all the issues!

Zach

UPDATE

Cheers Zach, thanks for the update....
                          Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Hi Zach. Hope you're going ok.

Question: A former member tells me she can't log into the site anymore no matter what she tries. New name, password etc....still no access. Would it be possible for her to email you so you can walk her through it please? Only that she told me she really needs this site now. no stress either way.

Thanks, G.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

There are people in Chat who also are having problems. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                              X