PDA

View Full Version : *** MWO Forum update ***

zmenchhofer
February 1st, 2020, 04:11 PM
Dear MWO users,

We deeply apologize for the issues!

Our Webhost took a severe hit this week by phishing attack, we ensure all data is protected.

Explained:

Our web cluster took a phishing hit and caused many phishing sites deployed, the server was taken down and accounts migrated to a new cluster.

Once the new cluster was online, one phishing site was missed and the new data center immediately terminated our server cluster

Friday at noon EST: we immediately obtained a new datacenter and started building a new redundant cluster. we patched and stabilized the cluster.

Saturday: we started migrating one account at a time to ensure the cleanliness of the account. If it did not pass our inspection the account was not restored and will not be restored until the enduser has cleaned the backup.

Currently we are restoring accounts and monitoring all aspects of the infrastructure.

Again we apologize for all the issues!

Zach

UPDATE

There may be a few minutes of downtime here and there this weekend as patches are applied!!!

Thank you for your patients !

JackieClaire
February 1st, 2020, 04:13 PM
Thank you, sooooooo much I'd give you a hug but we don't know each other well enough. :)

mollyka
February 1st, 2020, 04:14 PM
Thanks Zach appreciate the info.
Molly

dill
February 1st, 2020, 04:17 PM
Thanks for the explanation!

zmenchhofer
February 1st, 2020, 04:26 PM
Thank you, sooooooo much I'd give you a hug but we don't know each other well enough. :)
JackieClaire It done bother me! I'm a hugger!!! Love to give and even more receive them ! :)

JackieClaire
February 1st, 2020, 04:30 PM
Go on then.............:hug::hug:

Jude58
February 1st, 2020, 05:33 PM
Thank you!

byebyebridgetjones
February 1st, 2020, 06:57 PM
Amazing! Thank you so much!

Guitarista
February 1st, 2020, 08:45 PM
Good on you Zach. Thanks for your great work.

zmenchhofer
February 1st, 2020, 09:10 PM
UPDATE

There may be a few minutes of downtime here and there this weekend as patches are applied!!!

abcowboy
February 1st, 2020, 10:37 PM
Thanks Zack for all you and the rest of the support team do for the rest of us!

IamMary
February 2nd, 2020, 09:58 AM
Thanks Zach, great work, much appreciated.

Administrator
February 2nd, 2020, 09:11 PM
Dear MWO users,

We deeply apologize for the issues!

Our Webhost took a severe hit this week by phishing attack, we ensure all data is protected.

Explained:

Our web cluster took a phishing hit and caused many phishing sites deployed, the server was taken down and accounts migrated to a new cluster.

Once the new cluster was online, one phishing site was missed and the new data center immediately terminated our server cluster

Friday at noon EST: we immediately obtained a new datacenter and started building a new redundant cluster. we patched and stabilized the cluster.

Saturday: we started migrating one account at a time to ensure the cleanliness of the account. If it did not pass our inspection the account was not restored and will not be restored until the enduser has cleaned the backup.

Currently we are restoring accounts and monitoring all aspects of the infrastructure.

Again we apologize for all the issues!

Zach

UPDATE

Cheers Zach, thanks for the update....

Guitarista
March 27th, 2020, 09:21 PM
Hi Zach. Hope you're going ok.

Question: A former member tells me she can't log into the site anymore no matter what she tries. New name, password etc....still no access. Would it be possible for her to email you so you can walk her through it please? Only that she told me she really needs this site now. no stress either way.

Thanks, G.

NoSugar
March 28th, 2020, 06:15 AM
There are people in Chat who also are having problems. Thanks.

Forum Manager
March 29th, 2020, 01:56 PM
Hi all,

I didn't check in for a couple days and am just seeing this post, sorry! While Zach does help with hosting, he does not regularly check in. As a general rule, all technical matters are handled by Administrator. I will send an email now to notify him of the issues. I am definitely NOT the tech guru around here. Thanks for your patience.

Guitarista
March 29th, 2020, 02:21 PM
Thanks friend. Hope you're doing ok.

Administrator
March 30th, 2020, 08:28 AM
Hi Zach. Hope you're going ok.

Question: A former member tells me she can't log into the site anymore no matter what she tries. New name, password etc....still no access. Would it be possible for her to email you so you can walk her through it please? Only that she told me she really needs this site now. no stress either way.

Thanks, G.

Hey, I have replied to your PM.

There are people in Chat who also are having problems. Thanks.

i will take a look.

byebyebridgetjones
April 1st, 2020, 03:56 AM
Thanks Zach! :happy2:

Mr G, has your mate had a chance to try again to get on site?

Guitarista
April 1st, 2020, 07:50 PM
Thanks Zach! :happy2:

Mr G, has your mate had a chance to try again to get on site?

Working on it Bridgee.

Thanks Admin. I've messaged u.

fickle
April 10th, 2020, 06:08 AM
Hello Zach, Mr G, Bridget,
I am in :sohappy:
Thanks so much for all your help!
Bit late here, so plan to get on and say howdy to the Army tomorrow.
Cheers,
Fics

byebyebridgetjones
April 10th, 2020, 05:46 PM
Oh WOW!!! Welcome back!!!