Day 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day 1

I want to moderate overall, but told myself I would not drink at all tonight.

Gave in and had a 4oz glass of wine. Made myself stop after that. Time for bed now.

Re: Day 1

Hi Nola.

Welcome. Great to see you here wanting to make a change. How are you going there?

Take care. G

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Thank you, Guitarista. Doing way better tonight. No AL. It's been a long time since I've done that.

Comment

Great work. I note a distinct corelation between alcohol intake and my peace of mind. Al = high probability of depressive circumstances. No Al = high probability of contentment and relative peace. Keep it rolling friend.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Comment

Guitarista, I'm trying to abstain this evening and it is much more difficult than yesterday. I had a rough day because I had the worst sleep last night.

Comment

Sleep can take a little time to return to a natural state. Have you read our toolbox before? It has some very useful and helpful strategies for when we are struggling. Highly recommended. Take it easy.

Comment

Good point about the Tool Box. I went through it a couple years ago, but I wasn't ready to really follow/implement the recommendations. I'm going to make it my goal to get through the Tool Box tonight. :heartbeat:

Comment

Originally posted by NolaLola View Post
                Guitarista, I'm trying to abstain this evening and it is much more difficult than yesterday. I had a rough day because I had the worst sleep last night.
                Hey Nola - good to see you here. The Tool Box has some very good information and suggestions. Speaking from my own personal experience, I didn't sleep at all well the first couple of weeks. But honestly I was so glad to finally be sober that I just kept telling myself that it would get better and it did. I think it makes things easier if we decide once and for all that we don't drink. Then AL is out of the picture and we can get on with other things. So basically all you have to do is not drink tonight. You already did that last night and you can do it tonight too. After all, it is so much easier to get through a day tired than it is hung over. Wishing you the best of luck. Keep us posted...
                Last edited by stirly-girly; July 29, 2020, 12:30 PM.
                For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
                AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Working...
                X