Got the lithium orotate~!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok guys, maybe its just my imagine, but I took the first lithium orotate at 3:15 this afternoon, and went to get my monthly facial...lol...(gotta try to look as purty as my horsey!..).....about 2hrs. after I shallowed it...I had a feeling like I had once when I had to take a Percodan for my wisdom teeth...HAPPY DAYS....LOL... I don't take any Rx's unless I have to, even owning a pharmacy...our motto is "pills are to sell not take"....so its a good thing I don't feel about Rx's, the way I do wine, it'd be akin to owning a liquor store!!!.... Anyway, unless I'm really "nuts", I felt this "lifting" of my spirits....now usually right now, and its time to go hit the hay, I'd be a wreck trying to get away from the pharmacy and home, and farm for a week, its a major undertaking..and daughter is leaving for 6wks too, and that's a stress, to get her taken care of to leave too...and the horse, and packing, and worrying about all of it, would send me to sit here and have one more, to "chill out"...then I'd have that one too many, and be really desperate to get things done tomorrow, feeling like warmed over cat crap, and being pissed at myself....well, I met hubby at restaurant after driving the 40 miles back home after facial, had one glass of wine, which, really is more like a half at restaurants, and came home, and thought about having another...but something "clicked in" and I had a time out to think...."nope, don't do it, you'll regret it, you have too much to do, you know how you'd feel"....and opened the sprakling water...I feel so much more in control, or just to have that moment to really think about it...usually, I don't have that much mental thinking in place...I just took the second one for the day, and hope this is going to be the "edge" I needed....I couldn't think straight about anything on the Topa, my head hurt too bad to think! Is it just me, or have others felt the same????:thumbs: :exclaim: :wow:
    "Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending"

Well I hope it is not the placebo effect. I just ordered some online today and am hoping for those kind of results. Keep us posted on how you feel the next few days!!! That's great.
    I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

On LO for two weeks

ToughinTexas, thanks for your post.

I am having a similar experience to yours with LO. I have been taking it for two weeks, and have no desire to drink. I go around thinking, could this be real? My biggest fear right now, is that it will stop being as effective. I certainly don't want to be hooked on a substance for the rest of my life, but the LO has helped me be AF for the first itme without a struggle.

I do believe that you need to be concerned and vigilent with anything you ingest everyday - even vitamins. I feel the Topa was doing far more crazy things to my body than the LO is. I read a study (below) that contradicts the Smith and Schou of 1978 mentioned in another post stating that LO is dangerous - see Lithium-Orotate. There is always two sides to every study - and I will probably get tested after a few months to see if the LO is causing problems.

Please keep posting with your results. I will.

Kidney Dangers of Lithium Orotate?

Is using lithium orotate dangerous? An Internet search will bring up a list of sites stating that it is. In every instance (found to date), this supposition is based solely on a single study done on lithium orotate in 1978. There is no other research or study of any kind which concludes that lithium orotate is dangerous to use.

And the much-quoted conclusion of the 1978 study is INCORRECT for the reasons explained below.

Flawed Conclusion of Kidney Study and Lithium Orotate

When researching for any problems or concerns regarding lithium orotate use, an abstract of a study done by Smith and Schou in 1978 can be found at PubMed.

This study compared the effects on kidney function of lithium carbonate and lithium orotate. Groups of rats were injected with equal amounts of lithium carbonate and lithium orotate (and a neutral injection of sodium chloride for the control group) and then examined.

The study found that renal lithium clearance was significantly lower, and kidney weight and the lithium concentrations in serum significantly higher after the injection of lithium orotate than after the injection of lithium carbonate.

The conclusion the study drew because of this lowered kidney function was that it seemed inadvisable to use lithium orotate for the treatment of patients.

However, while studying research about liithium orotate in 2001, researcher Vickie Gunther observed that a highly significant point was completely unaddressed by this study. During the study, the same amounts of lithium orotate and lithium carbonate were used. But people DON'T USE the same enormous amounts required for lithium carbonate when using lithium orotate.

An effective dose of lithium orotate typically contains 15 mg of elemental lithium compared to 126 mg of elemental lithium from lithium carbonate. More than 700% more lithium is used with lithium carbonate. Based on the information in the study stating that equal amounts of each item was used, THE STUDY ADMINISTERED 700% TOO MUCH LITHIUM OROTATE!

Gunther points out that the conclusion of this study is skewed because it completely disregards the way lithium orotate is administered in actual use.

Ironically, this study which concluded that lithium orotate was inadvisable for treatment of patients was done as a direct follow-up study to one performed by Kling, Manowitz and Pollack in 1978. Their study suggested that lithium orotate could be used in lower amounts than required of lithium carbonate to achieve therapeutic results.

Comment

How interesting.
        I used to work in a park, over in Ahland, Ore. called Lithia Park(while going to college)
        There was a natural spring water there, called Lithia Water. A lot of the Old Timers would come & fill water jugs from it. They swore by it. We always laughed about it... it stunk & smelled like sulphur.
        There's actually a fountain in the town square, where people can drink the Lithia water from... but not many do... it looks all rusty & stinks!
        The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

Working...
        X