Thinking about starting the program

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have read the book and am thinking about starting the program. Has anyone been successful with just doing the supps and hypno? The topa makes me a little nervous.

Thanks for the info.
    Kayce

I myself have gone with the whole program but know that many opt to go w/o the topa. I thin you should try it. I really believe the supps and the hyptno are a powerful aspect of the program and you will see benefits immediately.

Best of luck and keep posting. The support you will receive here is also the best!!

Hope

Comment

Hope:

Thanks for the response.

In the past I have tried to quit "cold turkey" but I find that I'm extremely irritable and caustic. I'm hoping to find something that will take the "edge off" without turning to alcohol.

Again, thanks for the encouragement!

Comment

Hi Kayce,

Good for you!!!

I have gone on the supps and exercise only. Just yesterday started the CD's. They are very powerful. I don't want to go on the topa either. Everyone is different but I thought I would try it this way first. I did 2 week abs and then have been going off and on the moderation thing for about a month, not taking the supps faithfully nor coming to the board in that time. The last couple weeks, joined moderation program and made a commitment to be here.

The program and the wonderful people on the boards have truly helped me to realize where the triggers are, when I fall and why I fall. I am usually quite aware of when I am going to trip up and choose to, am figuring out that also! I have yet to binge the way I did before I discovered the porgram.

Welcome! please try the program and stay on the boards!

Hugs,
        Mary

Comment

PS: the edge does go away on supps

Kayce,

The edge does go away on supps. Taken faithfully they are great!
          L-glutamine under your tongue for cravings those first few days is awesome.
          Hugs,
          Mary

Comment

Re: PS: the edge does go away on supps

Kayce, Its just great that you are here. That shows there you WANT to make changes and thats where it all starts. good luck, gabby

Comment

Welcome, Kayce. I too opted out of the Topa and the Campral; I downloaded the book (great) and bought the CDs. While not a faithful listener, they have and continue to grow on me. I also take vitas and supplements, though I have not tried the L-Glutamine yet.

Glad you found the board. There are a lot of great folks here and please also try the chat room. We talk about EVERYTHING!

Please do not be discouraged if some of your posts seem to be ignored - it is not because you are not welcome, but the posters are from all corners of the globe (I just LOVE that phrase - we live on a sphere so where are the corners? LOL) and so we are not always active at the same time, and sometimes not even when you really give a call for help, though MOST times someone is awake and on, somewhere.

Again, welcome and glad you found us.
              Cathy

Comment

How long does it take the supps to work? I proibably haven't been as faithful as I should be - forget here and there. I have only been on L-Glut for about 3 days. Does anyone have an idea how long they take to 'kick in' and help with the cravings?

Comment

Hi, Jen - just wanted you to know someone was here and listening. THAT I cannot help you with - I am taking vitamins and anti-smoking herbals, (supplements) plus magnesium and B-Complex as suggested in the book. Someone more knowledgeable please come through! CAthy

Comment

Working...
                  X