Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should I let my relatives drive me to drink??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi everyone,
    Well it's been too long since I introduced myself and I haven't posted since. Although I still feel wierd posting my problems (even though you've all been so kind) I really need some advice. I've finally got off my arse and ordered the CD's, supps, and Topa and it should be here within the next week (I hope). I'm ready to give it a go and try moderating my drinking but I don't know when to start. I've got my 16 year old neice coming to stay on Sunday. She'll be here for four weeks and my brother, his wife and their other daughter are coming over from the UK in mid July for two weeks. I don't want them to know about the topa and I'm afraid that if i've got the topa dope they'll know something's up. My brother likes a drink and they all know me as a drinker (they just don't know how bad it is) so they won't think anything if I'm drinking alot. What should I do - wait until they're gone to start or get going ASAP (which I would prefer) and just hope they don't notice any of the side effects.
    PLEASE HELP!!!! :help! :huh:
    Thanks
    "Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be cumbered with your old nonsense." Ralph Waldo Emerson :rays:

Tipsy, to thy own self be true. You want to take the topa, take the topa. You owe them no explanation. They are guests in your home. If you do want an excuse, I am sure some good ones are to come, as I only took topa for 2 weeks. Maybe you can say you have a inner ear infection, throwing your speech and hearing off? Take charge, Tipsy! You can do it!
    Smiles
    Mar

Comment

hello
      no dont wait just tell them you are detoxing and taking vitamins you never know they might like to join you you dont need to tell them the depth of your problem save that for us ! personally i manage well with kudzu and l glut but whatever works for you use. these days so many people are detoxing or trying healthy lifestyles and having a housefull might take your mind off it best of luck whatever you decide its not the end of the world if you wait a few weeks but it is up to you

Comment

Tipsy,
        The family dilemna, I know it well. I don't think your family will know about the Topa or other supplements unless you tell them about it. I would vote for go ahead and start them as soon as you get them so you start feeling better about yourself. That's the reason you came here and ordered all of them to begin with, right?

Our families, sometimes, are some of the main triggers we have for drinking so maybe getting a head start on it all will be a good thing.

Good luck to you and you know I'll be pulling for you all the way!!
        "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

As Mar said, to thy own self be true.

I've always found the truth to be a wonderful thing.

Why not tell them and ask for their help?
          It always seems impossible until it's done....

Comment

Hi tipsynomore,
            Don`t get yourself in a flap over this. I would just tell them that I am doing a detox as I would like to enjoy a healthier lifestyle. Whether or not you tell them you`re doing it as your drinking has become a problem is your own decision, depending upon how you think they would react and whether or not they would be likely to encourage you to have a couple `just to be sociable`. Whatever you decide, you are obviously serious that you want to stop and you shouldn`t put stopping on hold for anyone.

I wish you much luck,

Starlight Impress

Comment

Hi Tipsy,

I'm waiting for my order of Topa so can't speak from experience, but why don't you just see how you go. From everything I've read the trick is to titrate up very slowly and as you will be only starting on 25g you can always discontinue and try again at a later date, if you do feel a bit "dopey".

As Starlight said you sound like you have made decision so stick to the plan for now. There is alot of Topa info on here and it does seem to effect everyone differently. Check out the Meds section.

I wish you well anyway and look forward to hearing about your progress and experience.

Kitty
              Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall.
              Confucius

Comment

Be true to yourself....

Do what YOU want to do and what YOU think is right...

The moment you stop doing this, is the moment you become lost...

David xxx
                The only way to get rid of temptation is to yield to it... I can resist everything but temptation.
                Oscar Wilde

Comment

Thank you all so much for the support. I think part of my problem is fear of letting go of the old me, even though I desperately want to (do I sound screwed up or what??!!!) For once in my life I have to stop procrastinating and just do it so I think I'll go ahead and start as soon as it all arrives and see how it goes.... The other problem (apart from me being messed up of course ) is, as some of you other brits know, the attitude amongst us English is often "just grin and bear it. You don't need therapists and/or pills to get over this....." My family is very much that way. They don't know I'm on Wellbutrin and if they thought I was taking a medication for seizures to help me stop drinking.....OMG!!!!! I don't want them to know how weak I am ....... On a lighter note - Simeybear, I love the idea about the inner ear infection - it made me laugh!! Thanks again and I'll let y'all know when everything gets here and D Day arrives!
                  "Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be cumbered with your old nonsense." Ralph Waldo Emerson :rays:

Comment

Hi Tips, You know yourself what your family is like - for me, I would never show them my weakness as that would become ammunition for their future use !!! Sad but true - I would take Simey's advice and go for an ear infection - such fun, ie... pardon, pardon.... what did you say.... sorry didn't quite hear that....... LOL

Lorna x
                    Rather die standing, than live on my knees, begging Please..... No More.......

Comment

Hi Tipsynomore, I am going to be in a similar situation to yourself next week (family meal at Mum and Dads.) We have always drunk quite heavily atthese get togethers, and at one, my Mother famously told me that I was "more interesting when drunk". I was tempted to use the ear infection excuse, but have decided to tell another white lie and say I have a suspected kidney/liver infection as this may actually true after all the wine I have consumed over the years! Don't think we can get Topa in the UK so not familiar with side effects but am sure you'll be able to get through this challenge- good luck, missCDJ x

Comment

Working...
                      X