Newbies in need - Day 30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies in need - Day 30

Hi Everyone: I'm very grateful for all the suggestions I've received. I'm going to order "How to Quit Drinking Wo/AA." Also, I'm committed to breaking the habit of drinking at home alone. That would be a breakthrough. I feel good today, because yesterday was AF. I'll check back later, but I hope all is well w/you all. Mary
    Wisdom, Courage, Strength
    October 3, 2012

Newbies in need - Day 30

Hi everyone...Mary thanks for starting the thread today...glad you had a good night ....I have been off the boards for a little while but am still doing well...25 days AF today!...that is truly amazing for me...i was AT LEAST a bottle and a half of white wine a day for YEARS & YEARS...I would of never thought this was possible...it is weird how it adds up when you just take it day by day.....The topa seems to be really helping ...i got to 75mm and have stayed there as I have not felt like I needed more...this board is a true life saver ...i cant say it enough....The 4th of July is right around the corner....time to start preparing mentally for that holiday...AF this year!...Hope everyone has a great day...I'll check back later...Love and light :l Buckle

Comment

Newbies in need - Day 30

Glad you feel good today Mary. I stopped at one glass last night so I feel good also. I know all about drinking at home alone because I was single for 15 years after my divorce and I had wine almost every night. I knew it was "bad" to drink alone but when you live alone it's hard to do otherwise, and I was not into the bar scene...It sounds like you are getting there, step by step...

Hi to all the Newbies who check in today.

Comment

Newbies in need - Day 30

Hi all,

Teach well done for yesterday, Buckle wow 25 days af that's fantastic, and Ducky well done on moderating.

It's sounding like a good Saturday for us all today. Weather here still damp and misererable but I'm just staying in today anyway and playing with Monty.

See you later,

Kitty
        Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall.
        Confucius

Comment

Newbies in need - Day 30

Hi. This is my first time on this thread - maybe because I'm really finally ready to sort myself out. It is a beautiful morning - not only is the weather great but I stopped at two and a half glasses of wine last night - normally 1 1/2 bottles so a big improvement. Lets see how today goes..... Well done Mary - I've got to tame the demon of drinking at home and drinking alone too. Buckle - 25 days is FANTASTIC!! Way to go, Ducky!! 1 glass should be my next goal to work towards.. Kitty, I presume Monty is your new kitten (OK, so I'm not in the loop yet, so forgive me!!) Has he settled in? When are we going to see a picture??
          Have a great day everyone - I plan to!!
          "Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be cumbered with your old nonsense." Ralph Waldo Emerson :rays:

Comment

Newbies in need - Day 30

daily check

Hi all

So here I am on Saturday. I think I told you all before that having read about all the cancers you can get, plus other health problems, I got scared and don't think I will be having this problem anymore. Hope I am not just deluding myself. I haven't had any problems in two weeks now. I am actually starting to enjoy the hypno. I wonder if that really helps if you do it regularly enough. I bet it does.

Have a great weekend,

Nancy

Comment

Newbies in need - Day 30

Hi to Kitty, welcome Tipsy!

Nancy, glad the cds are helping. I tend to be a worrywort myself.

Off to the beach this afternoon, then a long drive to return my nieces. Two teenagers have worn me out!

Comment

Newbies in need - Day 30

Hi all.

WOW!!!!.......aren`t we all doing really well, what with lengthy AF spells, AF nights and nights of successful moderation!!!!!

Well, have notched up my 3rd. wk. of successful mods. Had 2 wee glasses of wine last night, am having 3 wee ones tonight, and hopefully AF again `til next weekend........

Nancy, think your reading has really made a lot of us think of the negative effects alcohol can have on our health beyond liver damage........scary stuff!!!

Have a superb day all !!

Much love,

Starlight Impress

Comment

Newbies in need - Day 30

Buckle: Congrats on the 25 AF days. Do you miss it at all? How do you handle the cravings? I'd appreciate some of your techniques & thoughts. Mary
                  Wisdom, Courage, Strength
                  October 3, 2012

Comment

Newbies in need - Day 30

Hi Re teacher..i too have drank home alone (when hubby was out) drank with hubby at home etc.

i,ve got friends who live alone and drink alone..interestingly my one buddy wont drink when out for meals and prefers to drink alone. probably as she has an alcohol problem and prefers to "do it" behind closed doors.

i,m trying to stick with no weekday drinking BUT failed that last night as had 3 small wines.....not going to beat myself up as since feb time my alcohol consumption has dramatically decreased and AF days have increased....i must try and sort out how to do the tracker one of these days!!i do keep a diary of alcohol intake to review end of each month,,,like today.

aiming for better results in july...still moderating as not at stage of saying "no more" YET!

My AF nights have to be planned..watch a film, do some cooking, take a walk, bubbly bath and early night(not all on one night!!)otherwise i might get caught out and resort to old habit of opening a bottle of wine every night.

Good luck Re teacher with Af today if thats your goal for today.

regards Cassy

Comment

Newbies in need - Day 30

You guys have all just cheered me up! It is great to get on here and see everyone doing so well. I was having a stressful day yesterday but wanted to have wine with dinner at home as it was to be our first dinner at home on Fri for a long time and it is a tradition for Shabbat. But I was afraid to open a whole bottle. So I tried to buy a 1/2 bottle but they didn't have any so I went to another store and bought those baby bottles (187ml). Then I came home, listened to the hypno, took all my supps and had a nice dinner and ended up having 2 small glasses. I felt very wobbly! I'm becoming a cheap drunk and I love it. Woke up feeling good but have a ton going on and have gotten a bit stressed out again so it is going to be an AF day and I'm going to make sure to get some exercise too (inside unfortunately as it is 95). Hope everyone has a good weekend. P.S. Cassey - I'm not sure what problem you are having with drinktracker. You just go to drinktracker, login with user name and password, then do date, #drink, submit. If it is not working for you email the administrator and they will fix it.

Comment

Newbies in need - Day 30

Hi all,
                        Everyone seems upbeat today. I'm feeling good also despite drinking last night. I broke up with a band I'd been playing with on and off for a couple of years. It was a big relief since there was always some drama going on and I was sick of it. Maybe it will help things go a bit easier. Later bird

Comment

Newbies in need - Day 30

Well, I missed posting yesterday - couldn't get any time alone! But I've made the committment to post on this thread everyday, so I guess I'm just gonna double up today! Yesterday was hectic and a bit trying. Had a beer at about 6 o'clock, (after taking 2 kudzu) - got mad at my husband, which is a HUGE trigger for me! Opened another beer, downed 2 more kudzu, took myself off to watch a movie upstairs and VOILA! no more beer! Yahoo!

Hope everyone is doing well and have a great day today!

Comment

Working...
                          X