Taking the Kudzu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Taking the Kudzu

I have been taking the supplements and the L-glutamine and just last thursday I started taking the Kudzu.
    It does seem to take away the cravings for alcohol. I spent last night with my boyfriend and we had 3 bottle of wine in the fridge I had no interest in opening them at all after taking kudzu and L-glutamine.
    The 2 to 3 bottle ritual that my BF and I do almost every night didn't appeal to me.

He opened the bottle and poured me a glass and I just sipped the whole night while watching him slug it back and get totally pissed.
    He woke up with a terrible hang over and wasn't very nice to me at all. He tends to blame me for the drinking, which is one of the reasons I've decided to cut down drastically.
    I felt good about having self control and I feel that this is going to work out. I am also going to try acupunture and meditation. I've heard that this helps.
    The only sad part is that I've come to the conclusion that my 4 year relationship, has been mainly based on sex and alcohol. This is the next problem that I need to tackle once I gain control over alcohol.
    You can't turn a pickle into a cucumber

Taking the Kudzu

I am glad to hear the Kudzu is working well for you. I think it is great stuff too.

It is sad when you come to the realization that what you originally based your relationship on is not what you want to base the future of your relationship on. I wish you the best. Listen to your heart.
    I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Taking the Kudzu

thank you Lushy, gotta climb one mountain at a time

Comment

Taking the Kudzu

Today I must announce that I was sober the entire weekend. It was a little ackward at first.
        I was feeling a tiny bit anxious and would go back and forth with myself about maybe trying a drink.
        I took 2 kudzu tablets around 7pm which is my usual time to start drinking, the thoughts of drinking faded, I spent the night with friends talking, not slurring and stumbling.
        I read, cleaned my house and watched the sunset over the new york city skyline.
        I also mentioned to my friends at dinner that I was trying to cut down on drinking and they were shocked to know that I have been drinking way too much. maybe I shouldn't say anything.
        trix

Comment

Taking the Kudzu

Hi Trixie,

I used Kudzu and it was one of the major tools in my fight with alcohol... Stopping drinking is just the first step on this journey, its the first change you will make in your life.. Once you start to look at your life through sober eyes you will probably find you will want to make a lot of other changes as well, but, as has been said on here before, take it one step at a time and you will get there..

Good luck, Louise xx
          A F F L..
          Alcohol Free For Life

Comment

Taking the Kudzu

Hi Trix

Only just tried Kudzu in the last couple of days (Thanks for all the info Irishlady ) - I was sceptical that it would make any difference - but it does seem to decrease the cravings for me too.

I have been doing things the hard way up till now - no meds/supps etc. just toughing it out, but I had slipped a bit in the last few weeks and needed to try something else.

I take some just before going home from work and drinking just seems to lose much of its appeal for the rest of the evening.

Yipee ........anything to make this journey easier is OK by me!

Take care

Satori
            xxx
            "Though there are many paths at the foot of the mountain - all those who reach the top see the same moon - as any fule kno"

Comment

Taking the Kudzu

Hi Satori,
              I now think that the no meds./supps. must be the IMPOSSIBLE way.........have been moderating well for 3 wks. and felt I could do it..........had horrendous night climbing the walls with cravings last night, so am looking again at the kudzu.

Hope you don`t mind me asking.......why did you decide on the no meds./supps. approach?

Kind regards,

Starlight Impress

Comment

Taking the Kudzu

Kudzu Kudos

I registered for this forum because I really have to say something about kudzu, and how much it is helping me.

I have been trying to get off alcohol for a couple of years, and my last "success" was 2 weeks after new years this year. I would feel resolute for, like, 23 hours of the day, and then, at my "witching hour" about 5pm, it all fell to crud. Two days ago, I felt desperate...I haven't had the guts to see my doc because I work in the medical community here, but I have just longed for some additional help.

I left work in the middle of the day, and went to the health food store , where I spent way too much money on 2 bottles of kudzu. I estimated what I had to take to be close to the recommended 3 gms a day, took a dose at lunch and another before going home from work.

Two nights ago I had 1 single beer. Did the kudzu make me a little sleepy? I think, maybe. I didnt have any thought or wish to have any more. Last night, I felt one quiver of fear, as dinnertime approached, but basically, I didnt even think about alcohol! I even did grocery shopping and forgot to hit the beer aisle!

I know there is more struggle to come, but I am so grateful for even this brief respite. I have some good kudzu on order, 2 day delivery, and I am going to take it for a month, regardless, see if it continues to help.

I am feeling very hopeful today.

Vegan Gal

Comment

Taking the Kudzu

hi, doe s any 1 know of a web site i can order L glut , i have no credit card, i do have a debit card tho, electron, it s called

or do the chemists sell it in uk, i haven t got chance to ask there yet,
                  :upset: lol the assmaster!! im slowly tryin to unwedge my head out my arse !!

Comment

Taking the Kudzu

You can get it at most health food stores ro a vitamin shop
                    It's not that some people have willpower and some don't. It's that some people are ready to change and others are not.
                    James Gordon, M.D.

Comment

Taking the Kudzu

Hello All! I am going to get boring about Kudzu soon - it is totally amazing and marvellous stuff - I tried to stop or cut down before but always fell by the wayside. However, today is Day 8 AF:happy: and I am totally buzzed about being sober for this length of time, I can't truly remember ever having gone this long without even one single glass of wine - must be a couple of years at least! I am really looking forward to my second sober weekend and the silly thing is I am so delighted that I will get into doube figures on Saturday, which will mean 10 days sober!!!:thanks:

Comment

Taking the Kudzu

hi last of.

its great that its working for you! well done to you:goodjob:

it seems to be a bit hit and miss with me.
                        how much kudzu are you taking, and when? it might help me get it right lol.

roxane

Comment

Taking the Kudzu

Hi Roxanne - I got the Good'n'Natural Kudzu from Holland & Barrett - it's 500mg and I take one in the morning when I have breakfast before work and then one in evening when I have my evening meal, around 7pm. I have not had a single craving for wine since the first day I took it - - had to put that in Bold cause I can't believe it myself:H Not sure if I'm taking too much, or not enough, but hey ho - it's working, so far so good!

Comment

Taking the Kudzu

good grief!!

thats 1000mgs, and i'm taking 2'500mgs plus 2000mgs l-glut. frown.

it sounds like your taking the right amount for you and you found the right dose immediately.

maybe i've been drinking more than you .....

roxane

Comment

Taking the Kudzu

Hi all,

Are you just doing the Kudzu and no topamax? Also, does any Kudzu work or do you need to purchase the one that's sold on this website? I'm just starting on my journey and trying to figure out the right path for me. Thanks for any advice you can give.

I also was talking to my friend today about how much I've been drinking - she was a little surprised but very supportive in that I needed to cut down/quit. I think if they are really your friends, don't feel embarrased about saying aything. They will support you.

Comment

Working...
                              X