Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does this really work

Hi

I drink about 130 units a week, and really want to stop.

Does this plan really work. It seems very money money money, so I am not sure.

Thanks all

Gareth

Does this really work

Hi Gareth,

Yes, this program really works. It has made a HUGE difference in my life! As far as the "money money money" is concerned...well, if you are drinking a 130 units a week, and really want to stop, I think the program will pay for itself quite quickly if you think of it that way.

It does take commitment on your part. This is a wonderful community, full of great support! Let us know what we can do to help you be on your way!!

Donna

Comment

Does this really work

Hi i was drinking over 100 units a week for last 15 years , up untill yestaday when i sliped and drank 3 cans of tennents supper id not had a drink for 5 weeks . I am now on 150mg of topa and although it isnt a cure its much easyer. i find if i dont have one drink than i dont want any but if i have one thats it topa or not. Just try it what can you lose my topomax only cost ?140 inc VAT for 60 200mg tablets . I bought a tablet splitter from Ebay and cut them to the correct portions works out cheaper they cut good as there a hard tablet
      Regards phil

Comment

Does this really work

I can't relate to the amounts you drink or the amounts of money because I am from the US and it is all different here...all I can say is this....I have recently found, that on Topa, I have been able to abstain, for the first time in a long time. I am fortunate to have insurance, so Topa is not a fortune, and much less expensive than alcohol in the long run, but either way, long run, the expense of your decline in health from alcohol related stuff, if you don't have insurance, will way outway the expense of the cost of getting sober. Outside of the money thing, obviously, there is no price tag on getting your life back. Even if you can't afford it.....I have found, for me, this is working, where nothing else, so far, has. I will tell you, I have tried AA. I will also tell you, i don't hang out with drinkers, or have an environment leading to drinking, or any other explanation for my drinking except for habit/ bad coping skills (maybe?), and genetics. I wish you luck.

Beth

Comment

Does this really work

Hi Gareth, and Welcome!
          It may seem like some cash up front, but after a bit, you will find you are not spending NEAR the amount on the alcohol or the supps.... it just evens out. Anyone else feel that way? I'm four months into it, and after the initial bang to the checkbook (which I will NEVER EVER regret!), .. and it wasn't that bad, it's maybe 20 bucks every few weeks to replenish my "vitamin planner" . And the price of NOT replenishing the vodka bottle????
          PRICELESS

Becca

Comment

Does this really work

A BIG YEP to that one Becca!

Donna

Comment

Does this really work

Not to mention all the time missed from work, appointments missed, changed plans(due to a "headache"...), promises broken, just a lot of time wasted... that you can never get back....stolen from yourself & your loved ones... because you're too F***D up to keep your word...
              When you look at the alternative... I'd say it works REALLY WELL!:lol What do you have to loose?... Besides everything you hold dear... if you don't get the drinking under control...

I know that's where I was.|I Hugs Judie

Comment

Does this really work

NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!

I mean.... YES!!!! That NO was for the very long reply that I just lost...

Summary: just entering my third week (topa 75mg) and noticing the difference with the alcohol significantly - ie. I still have some in my fridge from last night!!! What's THAT all about!! And I've started 'sipping'. New word to me - had to go and look that one up in the dictionary

Yeeeeee Har!!!!!

Happy? Moi? Si!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Does this really work

Thanks everyone for your responces - it is really nice.

I have just ordered some Campral (acamprosate) 333mg tablets.

What dosage should I start taking.

Comment

Does this really work

I googled for this...

www.rxlist.com/cgi/generi...l_ids.htm. You'll find loads more info out there

Comment

Does this really work

www.rxlist.com/cgi/generi...al_ids.htm

Comment

Does this really work

Links not doing what I'd like : - Just google 'campral dosage' and you'll get a host of info.

Comment

Does this really work

Ok, thanks but I was hoping someone who had used them could tell me what worked for them

Comment

Does this really work

And one more think I meant to add earlier...

A few days ago I remembered I had the Social Drinking CD and started listening to it. Well... if that's working already I am just SO impressed... why? cos I keep blooming falling asleep before the end! :rolleyes

Comment

Does this really work

I have just done a google search - am I reading it right 2997mg a day

www.rxlist.com/cgi/generi...al_ids.htm

Comment

Working...
                              X