Looking for Help w/ Stopping Drinking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just signed up to MWO because I am finally facing the fact that I need help. I don't know if I can make it on my own, stopping drinking, that is. I drink about 3 times a week and it I feel as though it is becoming a problem. I have so much going for me however I feel if I don't speak up soon, it will consume my life. HELP! I am a single mother that has so much and I don't want to lose it all because of alcohol.

Hi - NRM77

You've come to the right place.

Check out the book to help you get a good perspective.

Keep checking the boards.

We're all heading up the same path. And, it's a good one.

Welcome,

Helen

Comment

ya

Hi NRM77, I know....its that mom thing that got me. Single mom here too with teens. I definitally drink to cope. I just started so I'm here with ya. gabby

Comment

I didn't realize anyone would respond so fast. Thank God you did. Thank you for the kind welcome...I hope this site can help me. I am to ashamed to go elsewhere....feel like I would be looked at as a failure. I am the "strong" one in the family and everyone looks to me for guidance and a shoulder to lean on, however, I have no one to lean on. That's why I'm here.

Comment

Re: ya

Helen and Gabby,

Nice to see I am not the only one coping....I felt like it was to late for me maybe and then I came across this site. I guess we just chat and cope, together??? I am not sure how this works...

Comment

ya

lol....me either. I tried to register to get in chat but its not happening. Gonna keep tryin. :

Comment

Welcome NRM77,
              Like others said this is a great place. Download the book if you can and read the boards. You will find many others in your place.

Marcie

Comment

Thanks Marcie....may I ask, where do I go to download this book?? :

Comment

book

Its in the Health store. Thats what I did. That what you have it now. gabby

Comment

Re: chat

thanks kate....I got it! gabby

Comment

Working...
                    X