Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weight Watchers

Hi -- for what it's worth,

Two years ago I started at WW and lost 32 lbs in a year. You have a certain number of points you can have each day, about 22. Each is about 50 calories. Obviously, you can;t have too many glasses of wine to fit into that. It worked for me and I'm going back, since I regained the weight and stopped counting points. It will also cut my drinking a lot since I need to eat too.

I'm still going to be posting here but I thought I'd share this. WW can help along with this.

Ned

Weight Watchers

Very true, Ned! If you want to lose weight, you often have to choose whether you want to drink or eat....: Isn't it amazing that we sometimes actually choose to drink?
    Weight watchers sounds great!

Hugs,
    Kathy

Comment

Weight Watchers

WW

Hi Ned. I also did WW - back in 99/2000. I lost 11 kg which took me to my goal weight. I then quit WW which was pretty stupid I think as the weight gradually returned and now, in 6 years later, I am a couple of kilos over what I was to start with back in 99. I went back to WW about a month ago but in that month I've missed 3 meetings (so only been twice) due to weekends away. We had a really hectic May! Anyway, back to normal so wanting to get right into the weight watching. In the last month I had one week of no drinking, one week of drinking on the weekend, then a bad week and now the last week, I haven't had a drink at all.

If you are back at WW maybe we could check in with each other weekly and share our losses (or gains??) and also encourage on the alcohol side of things. My aim is to drink in moderation but I have set a one month abstain from 1st June. Last time I went to WW I went with a friend and it was great - I'm finding the motivation much harder now on my own - maybe we can help each other. How much weight do you want to lose? I want to lose around the 10kg mark but really want to lose 5kg before I go away at end of August. More would be better!

Talk soon,
      Sheryl

Comment

Weight Watchers

Re: WW

Hi folks,

I have been seriously thinking of joining weightwatchers for a while now. If you started some sort of check-in thread on this site well....... count me in!

I have about 5 prepaid meeting vouchers from 2 years ago just burning a hole in my bag!!!!! I don't know if they are still useable but hey, if they are that could be 5kg worth of meetings and well, 5kg is 5kg and that would shave a bit of lard off the old girl!

I have another Mother-in-Law incident if anyone wants to read on do, if not well, .......

Today, MIL decided I needed a new dressing gown (what's wrong with my old fleecy jumper that I wear over my nightie?) anyway, she phoned from the shop to ask my size. They only have very large sizes says she, 16, 18 or 20!!!!!! She knows full well that I am an 18 (at least). Okay, it was very nice of her to think of me but why, at the same time does she manage to shoot me down at the same time? By the way, she is a size 6/8.

Anyway, I would love to lose the weight just to get back to the little thing that I once was, well, by little I mean size 14!

Thanks for listening!

Comment

Weight Watchers

WW

Hi Girls,

Let's try to support each other going to WW or just losing weight. I want to lose the same 32 lbs that I lost last time on WW. I start Monday!

Ned

Comment

Weight Watchers

Hi Ned,
            I'm in on your weight loss challenge! One reason I'm abs is to lose weight. Need to lose 35-40 lbs. Been abs for 11 days and no weight loss, even tho I was downing 1 to 2 bottles of wine for months previous! I'm so disappointed! Haven't changed my eating habits or exercise, so I guess I'll have to. I'm in......Anni

Comment

Weight Watchers

ok

I'll start with you guys on Monday! Is everybody gonna go to a meeting in there area or just on there own. I use to go and still have the stuff. Either way....I'm in. I need way more help then topa. And oh ya Annie....i know what cha mean about mother in laws. I had a icky one too. lol

Comment

Weight Watchers

Hey Anni, It WILL Start to come off, just make sure you're not eating sweets to compensate for the loss of alcohol!!!: And Annie, what you need is a fat ejector!!! Something that will take any excess poundage of yours and secretly stick it into MIL without her knowledge or consent!!!:evil Sorry, that's my evil twin talking!!!! Ooops, she disappeared now, and I'm back to my sweet angelic self

Love, Kathy

I need to lose 20 lbs. A few years ago, I embarrassed the crap out of my mom, who said to me. "Kathy, you have gained a lot of weight," at a family dinner. I feigned great surprise and said, "Really?? THANK YOU!!! I HADN'T NOTICED THAT!! I'M SO GLAD YOU TOLD ME! I'M GOING TO DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT RIGHT AWAY!!!" My mother turned purple as all conversation at the table stopped abruptly and everyone stared at her for being such a buffoon!

My mom used to be a psychob*tch, but is actually now a rather eccentric little old lady. But still tact is not her strong suit!!! :rollin

Comment

Weight Watchers

WW

Hi Kathy. I know just what you mean. My mum has since passed away, but 6 years ago I had the same tactless sort of mum. We all went down to mum & dads for a picnic one day and when I walked in my mum poked me on the butt and said wow, look at the size of your bum! What size do you take anyway. I just looked at her and walked out and sat in my car crying. I had known I was overweight but to say that in front of all my family was really embarrassing. I joined WW the next week and lost 11 kg over the next year which took me down to a really nice size. Maybe with mum gone, I have lost that tactless person who gives me the incentive. My husband, God love him, would never criticise my weight and says he loves me whatever weight I am which is nice but not very helpful to motivation!! Annie, like you I am on about Day 11 of abs and I weighed in last Fri and had not lost anything - I also hadn't put anything on though. Also I am in the throes of the flu and have a period for the first time in 5 months (I am menopausal) so I am hoping my non weight loss was more to do with fluid retention than anything else. Also being sick I have not exercised. So, I'm in for a weekly check in with you guys. Annie, good to hear from you - lets all keep checking in. Anyone else going to meetings ? I rushed in for the weigh in but didn't stay - I'm one of them! I think it might also take a few weeks for the body to get relaxed enough with its new regime to actually let go of the fat cells - that's my theory anyway!

Comment

Weight Watchers

Hi--so glad you girls are going to join me! I need all the support I can get. I am going with a friend who has a figure like a Barbie doll but she's always complaining that she needs to lose four pounds. She's a nice person anyway, trust me. But being around her makes me feel that anything I do won't put me near a figure like hers. First off, I have small boobs and when I lose enough weight they virtually disappear. Of course I'd rather be slim. But you can imagine....

One thing that helped me last time is I kept a tape measure nearby and measured my waist every week. My measurement acutally went down before I lost weight. Go figure. I lost 11 inches on my waist, so you see I can get to be apple shaped which I hate and it's the worst thing for developing heart disease.

I'll check in tomorrow. Good luck all!!!!!!

Ned

Comment

Weight Watchers

Are any of you also from the "Alcohol in Moderation" 40's support thread on WW board? If so, hello.

Comment

Weight Watchers

I just posted about wanting to stop the drinking and the insane over eating and then I found this posting from you. Weight Watchers may be my starting point along w/ the kind people here on MWO.....Thanks for the idea...

Comment

Working...
                        X