Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow Finally!

Good morning all.

I first heard of this website and program on a radio station. My best friend and I both decided to try it and are amazed!

I have not been to the doctor yet but will be going this week. I'm going to request the Topa and hope I don't get any resistance from her. I have the CD's and the supps and for the first time ever feel like I don't have to wake up and drink or suffer from a hangover for the work day till I can get home to start up again!

I am still enjoying wine and beer but have drastically cut down and amazed at how easy it has been. My obsession has changed to take it or leave it?! I tried AA and even checked myself into an outpatient treatment, which was the biggest joke ever (another post, another time!). I know that the AA program has worked for a lot of people and don't mean to get down on it but as a woman it made me feel "powerless" over life and ashamed. All I thought about was that I would NEVER be able to have a glass of wine or a few beers at a social event again, which made me turn to the bottle harder to "show them". Crazy thinking but I couldn't even understand it myself! Then I read MWO and a lot of postings here and suddenly realized I wasn't hopeless or powerless but quite the opposite! Not only has this change my attitude toward alcohol but life!

I'm excited to only improve on myself and change my life for the better with this program. Having the support of my best friend and the chats is key also. I don't feel like I have loser alcoholic tatooed on my forehead anymore! I feel like I'm a woman who made some choices that were not the best for me and now I have a great way to change those for good.

Thanks for listening to me ramble, I'm just excited and happy and it has been a long time since I could say that!!!!

Wow Finally!

Congratulations! Welcome to MWO. You will love it here, and you will meet some really caring and understanding new friends!

Comment

Wow Finally!

Thuzzy, you sound like you really have a handle on things already! Welcome! Patty

Comment

Wow Finally!

Welcome Thuzzy B! This is a terrific place to be, and it's great that you have a friend doing this with you, as well as all the cyber friends the two of you are going to make here!!!

Kathy

Comment

Wow Finally!

Thuzzy;

Welcome to the family!

Brandy

Comment

Wow Finally!

Hey Thuzzy, I love the way you've worded your post... my thoughts to a "T" on tha AA ideology. I especially like the "loser alcoholic tatto":lol . I live in a really small town, and after bouncing in & out of meetings for years, I feel I can go to the store and by a bottle of wine or beer, without having to put a bag on my head, or go to the next town North or South of here! :eek Now I can , do what I want & not worry about who sees me, because I know, they aren't gonna see me "down & out" & at their meeting in another week, because "I've hit the bottle" again.
            I've heard that so many times here in this small town... referring to other people... that someone had seen someone, & they were drinking again, Bla, Bla, Bla, "we'll see em in a few weeks" ... God I don't miss that "self-rightious" crap!
            Oh and welcome!! Hugs, Judie

Comment

Wow Finally!

good for you

Hi Thuzzy
              I new here too. Today is day 5 of topa for me. I am amazed at my initial results.....no beer so far. I am also just fastinated with this program. Great that you have a buddy to come along too. gabby

Comment

Wow Finally!

Welcome Thuzzy,

This is a good place to be, I personally don't do the topa or other drug thing as I'm wanting to de-drug and eat better and live in a more natural environment.
                We grow a lot of our food and try to be kind to our earth.

Judie.......I do understand the small town thing. People are visious around here. I thought it was a "southern" thing...guess not. If you find yourself in the same grogery store with them, just for some fun, slip a bottle of wine in their buggy and watch the "show" when they go to checkout!!
                Nancy

Comment

Wow Finally!

welcome to the board thuzzy!

i've been visiting this place for a month or two now and although i don't do any of the supps i still find it to be a help just by posting my thoughts and reading how other people are doing. I know it sounds horrible but i find it good to know that i am not the only person with this problem.

This is a great place with some great people so stick with it.

all the best. lj.

Comment

Wow Finally!

Nancy, I LOVE the way you think!!:lol

Comment

Wow Finally!

Hi thuzzy b

Cant add to what everybody has said so far except welcome. I stopped overnight, and found the main problem was sleeping, but have overcome that at the moment with melatonin

Good luck

kirky

Comment

Wow Finally!

Calms Forte helps too Kirky - for sleeping.

Or a re-run of Bush's inaugural address.

That should start the ZZZ's.

Whoa, hang on. That might start the ole heart rate a pumpin'.

Best put on a Lawrence Welk Bubble Hour - or whatever it was....

Your always helpful(less) but sincere,

Helen

Comment

Wow Finally!

Hi Thuzzy and welcome!

Marcie

Comment

Wow Finally!

Hi Thuzzy & Friend,
                            Wow. Wow & Wow. Yes And this brings tears to my eyes. I love to hear confirmation of the program from others. I am 2 months on the program. And I feel as you & the others ..it is amazing. It does require perseverence.... and I do hope so much you get the topa..you will find the program even that much more effective for you both. Welcome. Do not hesitate to post. Also visit the chat room. Chrysa

Comment

Working...
                            X