Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Baseball American Football (Baltimore)

All,
    Our Baseball team the Orioles stink; as they have since 1997. So I ponder the begining of Football season in September with the Ravens. Being from Baltimore (USA) I should be enjoying the changes that the seasons bring....Baseball in the Summer & Football in the Fall/Winter, But like all us Marylanders we have only one sport to really look forward too !
    Oh well I lamint..... I do have season tickets to the Ravens. Hurry up Fall ! (Just shareing my thoughts) IAD:sigh:
    ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
    those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
    Dr. Seuss

Where are yiu Loreiei ? (Maryland)

Have'nt seen any of your posts lately. Are you ok? IAD
    Dr. Seuss

Comment

Were you a Skins fan before the Ravens by any chance? I'm a Skins fan, although they stink, and I don't care for the owner. But, my uncles turned me on to them back during Gibbs first go around when they were good. I always stick with my teams, no matter how much they dissapoint me. I figured Baltimore didn't have a team for such a long time since the Colts, so did you root for the Skins by any chance living in Maryland? Ravens are a great team. Always a good defense. Good luck to your team this year.
      where does this go?

Comment

Broncos Fan

Lived in Colorado for years and really miss being able to watch them play. Have tried to get excited about Tennessee or Atlanta but remain a steadfast Broncos fan, even though they have struggled mightily in the last few... sigh

Ravens are a good team, though!! Fun to watch.

We love football. Hubby always buys me the package for all the games every year on the dish. Sundays become pretty much useless for chores around my house in the Fall.

My daughter-in-law goes into mourning, though, she hates football but then my son is a Nascar fan, too, so she never really does get a break. :H

Cindi
        AF April 9, 2016

Comment

I love a Sunday afternoon baseball game. Go ! I live in New England where I live in the imaginary divided line between the Red Sox & Yankeesfans. It's war here. Our next door neighbor is a die hard Yankees fan & hubby is a life long, die hard Red Sox fan (now that's a true baseball fan if you've been a Red Sox fan all your life). It's funny.

Of course it's the Patriots in the fall. Attached files [img]/converted_files/280705=1223-attachment.gif[/img]
          :flower: Change a life; make someone feel important. ................. ........................ ..................... ........................ ................. ....... sigpic

Comment

I have to get to a Baltimore's baseball, or football game! I'm there so often, and just haven't "got 'er done!"....I have to pull for the Dallas Cowboy's of course, but they suck alot too sometimes! I'm in Baltimore every 6 mos. for a check-up at Johns Hopkins, we'll have to meet up, and do sports!
            "Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending"

Comment

Hi ! All.
              Morrison.....Yes I did like the Redskins. I use to live in Northern Va. & went to Wakefield High School. I can remember Joe Thiesman & Sonny , Billy. Joe Gibbs big Super Bowl Wins. Thiers a devideing line in Maryland, where people are Redskins fans & Ravens Fans..... It's PG. County. So I still have family that root for the Skins, while I for the Ravens.
              Tough Texan......If you have to go to Hopkins for help, it must be tough. Just let me know, we might be able to get together. IAD.
              Dr. Seuss

Comment

Buffalo Bills Fan

I am so looking forward to football season again. I go through a depression when it ends then look forward to even pre-season in August. I grew up going to Penn State games ( I was 2 for my first game) then became a Buffalo Bills fan.

Let the jokes begin...I know BILLS which stands for BOY I LOVE LOSING SUPERBOWLS however we stand with them.

Bring on the football!!!
                "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

Diamondbacks seem to be doing something tonite... I hope they are doing well... and the Superbowl will be in AZ....
                  So, if it all comes together well... tourism will be up and traffic will be impossible...
                  Sunny Out Looks are Contagious!

Comment

IAD,

I took a break from the board for a while when I thought I had it all together. Seems like I need some tweaking and I'm sort of jazzed up to help some of the newer folks.

As you I am an O's and Ravens fan. My heart was broken again by the O's this year. The Ravens are much better, but damn when are we gonna start converting in the red zone?!?!! Sundays game seemed like each team was trying to compete for the most turnovers, arggghhh. Still I wear my jersey to work every Monday they win.

-lorelei
                    Suddenly I see
                    This is what I want to be
                    suddenly I see
                    Why the hell it means so much to me.

-KT Tunstall

Comment

IAD......I used to live in Northern Virginia (went to JEB Stuart) and grew up a Redskin and Capitals fan. Loved Sonny!!! Loved the first Joe Gibbs years. I've lived in Pittsburgh for the last 10 years and am now a Steelers fan also. I watched the Caps from the time they started and the year we moved up to the 'Burgh was the year they went to the finals of the Stanley Cup. That made me so mad that I'm now a die hard Penguins fan.

What year did you graduate? I've seen your name "IAD" and wondered if it stood for Dulles Airport?
                      Noelle sez "Do want you like, like what you do. Life is Good."

Comment

Noelle,
                        Hi ! I went to Wakefield High School. I was on the football team the year the Alexandria "Titans" made thier big debue. They slaughtered us 42 - 0. Yes I remmember the Titans. All too well, that was our Homcoming Game......The Dance felt more like a Wake than a happy occation. Old Sunshine put a hurting on us !!!! The funny thing next year we moved to Alexandria and my brother played with most of those guys. Waiting to see what the Ravens and O's are going to do this year. The O's , I don't expect much from the O's, but maybe the Ravens..... who knows. Glad to hear from you...sorry it took me so long to answer....I'm in and out of the site for long periods of time because of work. IAD
                        Dr. Seuss

Comment

What year did you graduate from Wakefield?

I'm still an O's fan as DC didn't have a baseball team when I moved to Pittsburgh. Husband is from Towson so of course is an O's fan and he feels the same way you do about them for this season. I could care less what the Pirates do......they are an embarrassment to me.

The only thing we still have going are the Penguins. Can't wait for Sidney Crosby to get back.

Where in Maryland do you live? Like I said, my husband grew up in the Towson area. We still go to Ocean City when we can.

What does IAD stand for? I thought of Dulles airport when I saw it.

Am I nosy enough for you?

Comment

Noelle,
                            I graduated in 1971, Wakefield H.S. I currently live in Lithicum/Brooklyn Park (By the BWI Airport). IAD are my intials Ismael Anthony Diaz (My parents were Moby Dick Fans. (Ismael) ) Just a little more info: like I said my brother did play with a lot of those Titans. Sunshine got a scholurship to South Carolina. My brother got one to Farmount State (West Vrginia). Most of those guys went somewhere. Coach Boone did'nt look like Danzil Washington ! ha ! IAD:H
                            Dr. Seuss

Comment

Ah, I graduated in 1970. I don't remember reading a lot about Wakefield. I guess at that age I only cared about JEB Stuart. So you're saying the Titans movie was based on your school?

Comment

Working...
                              X