Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Inositol (Liver helper, anxiety/insomnia helper)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Inositol is a very interesting and under rated supplemet from what I've been reading. I'ts a form of niacin but doesn't have the liver irritating or "flushing" effects of niacin.
    Most importantly this relative of the B-complex family relaxes nervous tension and Dr Carl Pheiffer revealed it's ability to be extremely effective to help in fighting anxiety (even severe panic disorders), depression and it's also a great sleep aid.
    It is well known as a supplement to combat diabetic neuropathy's painfull condition, and even helps the liver handle fats (inositol is a lipotroic fat burning nutrient) it is recommended with choline and methionine to give your metabolism a little push if you are having trouble losing weight (especially if you are just starting to exercise and reach a plateau early).
    if you have insomnia try from 500 to 1,500mg just before bed mixed with juice or water.
    for full blown clinical depresion doses of 6 to 18 grams have shown to be effective and safe.
    it's very expensive in most health shops but 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon is a full dose or two (depending on how Im feeling) so it lasts a long while. i got mine for much cheaper on ebay than my local shops. i mix my 1/4 to 1/2t of inositol with a heaping teaspoon of L-glutamine in water just before bed. ****disclaimer**** Im not a doctor. My source of info for this has primarliy been from Dr Robert Atkins "vita nutrient sourcebook".
    nosce te ipsum
    (Know Thyself)

Thanks D. Something more to consider. I just got a Magic Bullet today so I can start adding all sorts of healthy powders in my smoothies...
    I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

D - I take 500mg of Inositol/day along with about 15g of l-glute. Been doing it for many months now and I can attest to their effectiveness w/anxiety and depression. I LOVE MY SUPPS!!

Comment

inositol

Thanks for posting and for providing source info, very interesting...

Comment

Working...
        X