Dr. Appt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dr. Appt

I have my appt with doc tomorrow and have mixed feelings. I am scared, and excited. I have started the vitamins and waiting for the CD'.s What happens if she does not give me the meds? That is my biggest worry. I had several drinks this evening, I am stressed about my appt...

What are my alternatives if she won't give me the meds, I am so ready to start. My life has been on hold for way too long.

Dr. Appt

Meds

Hi - I hope the appt goes well but if you do not get meds, try without. I have been doing it with just the supps and CDs. I have to say that when I follow the program, I do well. There are times I get lax on taking the supps or go for days without CDs and that's when I get into trouble. Its not easy, but it can be done. So if he/she won't write the script, give it a try anyway until you find another doctor who will. The important thing is to just get started!

Comment

Dr. Appt

Dr. Appt

Dear momfef,

I am totally in the same space. I am only doing the supps, ordered the CDs this week. Don't really want to go for the topa unless I can't get this under controll without it. I fall and get back up but like nomorewine it usually has been after not bothering with the supps for a few days. also where's my head at when I can't be bothered to take the supps - question I have had to ask myself a few times now.

Good luck,
      Mary

Comment

Dr. Appt

Dr. Appt

I just returned, the Dr. was so supportive. They recommend take the Topa before bed due to drowsiness.
        I will start tonight thx for the support.

Comment

Dr. Appt

Hey Momfef!!

Just a suggestion!! Read the titration suggestion in book!! Take topa before drinks not before bed!!!:lol If you titrate up slowly you will get used to the dosage over time and can even titrate up REALLLY SLOWLY if you need to. The first time I took topa was before I was on MWO, and I took it before bed, after I had finished drinking my wine. Obviously, it didn't help me much! Early evening or after work might be a good time!

Hugs,
          Kathy

Comment

Dr. Appt

Ditto to Kathy.
            Take the topa, WAIT an hour or so, then if you are gonna drink, start then. Bet you will find your consumption to be less! Titrate up as you feel appropriate, following the book guidelines as a maximal uppage. You don't have to go that fast. But if you go tooooo sllllloooooowwwww (a-hem me) you may find you slip too much. Hey, dive in. We'll figure it out.
            Becca

Comment

Dr. Appt

Dr. Appt

Darn, I read this too late, I took the topa after downing what I hope is my last bottle of red wine. I am telecommuting today and already took 25 mgs of meds, and sups by noon so won't make that mistake agai.

I have a question. This morning I layed in bed and listened to the first clearings CD and the last thing I remembered was when he was telling me to picture going down an escalator. I woke up an hour later??? Should I relisten to the CD today?||I

Comment

Dr. Appt

just my two cents. I started topa, 25 in the am and 25 in the afternoon. I didn't find it very helpful the first week, and was getting a little disallusioned. By the time I got up to 75 mgs, I found I really didn't want to drink. I am now at 100 and I am amazed. It really seems to be working. I kind of rushed titrating up. got up to 100 within about two weeks, but I found minimal side effects. Good luck to you!

Comment

Working...
                X