Newbies in Need Day 8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies in Need Day 8

I guess everyone took off for the weekend as I'm starting this from the western US. Great job Change. I'm taking off today to go to Denver to see my new baby grandniece. I will also be seeing my 2 sisters, 2 nieces and 2 nephews. I love them all dearly but with several of us with mental health issues it can get a bit tense at times. I've packed all my supplements and my cds and am determined not to get off track. I'm also going to be shopping for my VW camper van and hopefully will be driving home in it! I hope you all are having a wonderful Sunday.

Newbies in Need Day 8

Hi all,
    Did not sleep well despite being af yesterday.Sometimes it takes me 2 or 3 days to get back to normal-whatever that is. I am reading goodbye Hangovers Hello Life by Jean Kirkpatrick. I've read it before but it has been awhile. Have a good day all. Bird

Comment

Newbies in Need Day 8

Hi Louise and bird and all to come.

Louise,hope you have a lovely time with the family........a baby grandniece too........lovely!!!
      Hope you strike lucky in finding your camper van.

Bird, I was always like that in my heaviest drinking days.........could take me days to recover from a booze-up, only I always went right back on the sauce the following evening in search of a `curer`. Still love the wine, but shudder to think at the amount and frequency I drank in my worst days..........
      Am really interested in Jean Kirkpatrick`s books now........am going to check out the Women For Sobriety website also......looks interesting.
      Anyway bird, great to see you are AF again..........the present and future are really all that matter.

Wishing all my Newbies In Need friends a wonderful Sunday.

Much love,

Starlight Impress

Comment

Newbies in Need Day 8

louise;160827 wrote: I love them all dearly but with several of us with mental health issues it can get a bit tense at times.
        Lol. I am just imagining all these people running around, really tense and the volume level of it all! I think it's pretty normal to have 'mental health' issues these days. 'Mental health' is just the name professionals with degrees give to fellow human beings that are finely in tune with life and therefore suffer a little more than others, if you ask me.

Half those people at Universities studying so called mental health need health professionals themselves. Believe me!

PS. Love the name of that book - Goodbye hangovers, Hello life. Very nice.
        One day at a time.. Sometimes it's one minute or one second at a time.. Most important thing is to look ahead and don't look back!

Comment

Working...
        X