A Bucketful Of Love and A Thousand Apologies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am astounded at the responses I received from my post. I had had a really really bad week and felt really really unwanted and uncared for and took it out on you guys. Then, as fate would have it, my computer broke down. Believe it or don't believe it. I was muted by fate and because of that I was unable to get back to you all with any response.

I humbly apologise.

I am now back online and would like to make amends. I do know that you are all good people who are a wonderful support network to many. I am really churning up about the things I said. What's the old favourite "If I could turn back time?"

I am wondering, as an amateaur wonderer of why things happen and do they happen for a reason, okay, I posted an unreasonable post and then, hey presto, I couldn't reply through no fault of my own. But, what occurred ...... things came out between members that maybe wouldnt have otherwise! A curious thought! Not that I am saying, Oh, I'm glad you all came to blows (well, not all, before you start!!: ) but I have a tendency to look at things a bit sideways so there you go, that's me.

I will share with you my story one day - it's not very fascinating and it's not very exciting. I just like to get to know people a little bit better before I can let them in. Yes, I know I have a funny way of showing it.

By the way, I have been doing very well thank you. I'm afraid I did not jump off with a pouch full of alcohol as suggested by someone. Nice thought though!

PS: The name stays

Hi,

Welcome back!

I'm glad you could make it back! I really actually learned alot by the stir you caused. I don't always get feed back for all of my posts, but then I don't always give feed back to every post. I think because I'm fairly new I have more to learn by reading others post. Plus changing my bad habits is difficult and some days I don't feel like sharing. It's a struggle I'm just glad I have some place to come to where there are others like me. In time I hope to contibute more. In the mean time I hope you will keep coming back. I would really like to learn more about you. When your ready.

Take care
    kitkat

Comment

Welcome Kanga, and looking forward to getting to know you!

Comment

Hi Kanga,

Glad to see you're not too damaged by all the flying feathers.
        Welcome back.

Helen

Comment

Roo.you're back! Yipee!! :-)

Comment

Hi Kanga!

I'm happy to know that the reason for your absence was petulance on the part of your computer and not on your part! Welcome back!! Apology accepted! Hope you'll accept mine!!!:lol

Kathy (the back-flip girl!)

Comment

Glad you are back Roo:rollin
              We aren't a bad bunch!
              Love from a fellow aussie
              Shas

Comment

I feel the love!!

Thank you so much for accepting my apology and understanding the situation.

A lot of you are right. I have not replied to many posts myself and there I was complaining about little old me being ignored. The only thing I can say is that I don't actually feel very qualified to reply to many of the posts. As people have pointed out, I haven't actually told anyone about me so didn't feel I could jump into someone else's personal life without revealing any of mine.

So here's a little insight into the world of "The Kanga" :hat -

First of all, I like beer!!! Ha! thought that would take you all by surprise! I am 44 years old, never married, never thought I wanted to be. Had a few girlfriends but I couldn't handle the commitment thing. Enjoyed my mates and beers and a bit of a laugh too much. BUT I think that strange thing is happening to me. I think I am maturing. I would like to stop drinking beers during the week. I'm not so much a lone drinker but I am not short of a drinking buddy so unless I go live on an island somewhere, this is a problem. I feel like I would quite like a permanent relationship and I have even thought about children but know that this would not be feasible with me living the kind of life I am just now.

I enjoy my job. It's varied and reasonably paid so can't complain there. Sometimes it gets on top of me and I just want to jack it all in but that's the nature of the job so I've just got to roll with the punches. Anyway, there's always the lads and the beers waiting >D

So, as I said, my story is not very fascinating. I'm just a bloke wanting to change his ways.

Comment

Re: I feel the love!!

Kanga - you what?????

you "feel the love!!" ???

Now there's a phrase not usually expressed in the average Aussie bloke's parlance. What would the mates say?

Hang around. You might get to like it.

The Rt. Hon. Tawny Frogmouth

Comment

Hey Kanga!

I'm glad you're back and thank you for sharing some of your story...fortunately, all our stories are just a little bit different and yet somehow all the same! Your story is uniquely yours and mine is mine...yet here we both are!

BTW, I am 50'ish and live in New York City with my partner of 14 years and our two cats. I was sober for 11 years (1985-1996) and started drinking again in 1996...thought I could "handle" it and only drank wine or beer...gradually over the next 10 years alcohol took over my life....I stayed home more and more, not getting drunk exactly, just staying slightly buzzed all the time...my dreams, social life and just about everything meaningful to me started to slip away. In the middle of April this year I had had enough and checked myself into rehab...I've now been abs for 57 days--i'm through with alcohol for good--for me, there's no point trying for moderation; done that, been there!

There's a lot more to my life than this but that's more than enough for now!

Welcome back--and all the best!
                    susan

Comment

Tawny ah say aaahhhhhhhhhh feeeeeeeellll thuuuu luuuuuvvvv.

Who said I'm an average Aussie bloke? :b

Comment

Hey Kanga We are here for you, Beer is my drink of choice also I am 46 in Montana. Welcome back.

Comment

Good point, Kanga!

... but shouldn't that be luuuuRRRve?

Comment

Hey Kanga!

Welcome back & hello! I'm a new kid on the block!!! Kristen from Bluffton, Ohio by way of Cincinnati/via Akron, Ohio (in some whacked out way!!!!) Yep, we all got our stories!!! Ha!

I wish ya well my friend, and look forward to gettin' to know ya better!

Peace & love,

Kristen

Comment

Fair Dinkum!

Tawnygirl, you on me already? I feel the luuuvvv AND I also feel the luuurrrvve - I'm an easy kinda guy.

G'Day Fedup. How come your fed up? I suppose I should read more of these posts and get to know everybody. Yup, beer is good. But I guess we're not here to talk about how good beer is. Unless you want to? What a bugger the situation is. Beer is great. Beer gives you headache, empty wallet, sometimes empty memory bank. What's a bloke to do? My aim is to try to abstain weekdays and have a beer on the weekends. Up till now doing not too badly. Except when I decide the weekend starts on a Wednesday. Keep yer chin up mate.

Well, hello Kristen, all the way from Ohio. Glad to meet you. Looking forward to getting to know you. As I said, I'll make sure I get a chance to read up on these posts and see what everybody's all about.

:hat

Comment

Working...
                              X