lithium orotate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lithium orotate

Hey guys, just wanted ya'll to check out this website, great on lithium orotate, have taken it for over 2 wks., love it. As lots of you know, we own and operate a human and vet pharmacy, and I'd lots rather take this supplement, which is a natural occuring mineral, than anything else for alcohol reduction, ADHD, ADD, bi-polar, stress, sleep, you name it, and that's coming from someone who makes a living selling Rx's....It's very useful for anti-aging of the brain, and for anyone with lots of senial dementia, etc, in their family, I truly believe its very preventative...its also useful for liver dysfunction....anyway...don't discount its effectiveness by confusing it with the other lithium's.....
    http://mysite.verison.net/res003jh/l...ate/index.html
    hope this helps!
    "Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending"

lithium orotate

The link did not work. Can you write it again? I am anxious to read it.
    I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

lithium orotate

I realized why. Verizon.net is misspelled so just need to change the spelling on that word. I did come across this site in my research as well. Looks very encouraging.
      I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

lithium orotate

OPPS! Sorry...here it is again:
        Lithium-Orotate
        hope it works!
        "Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending"

Comment

lithium orotate

Hey tough, you still need to have blood levels taken - this can still be toxic if you eat too little salt or drink too much water and a whole range of reasons, including bad kidney function. I don't doubt it can help people but it is a salt and it can build up to harmful levels if certain lifestyle issues are not addressed - eg if someone is still drinking heavily and taking this they can dehydrate and get toxicity, same with excessive exercise. I am not comparing to carbonate but it still has its issues.

Cashy
          "Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans" - John Lennon

Comment

lithium orotate

You are right, everything has issues...lol...esp. Rx drugs, and drinking, and over-exercise, bad diets, you name it....this is a mineral aka. type of salt, but you don't need kidney function tests if you are just taking 3 tabs daily, unless you are really in bad health otherwise....read the website again if you have too many qualms. I always recommend Sea Salt, we have one of the best for folks that get Rx's for high blood pressure, etc....its Celtic Sea Salt, and their site, has tons of great info!!!! They have established that many disorders, are a lack of minerals, and this salt is chalk full of them...actually helps lower blood pressure, and provides lots of minerals, you can even mix it in water, and have natural "gatorade'....its great for autism and ADD, etc....read about it at the site...Celtic Sea Salt® - The Grain & Salt Society® - The Grain & Salt Society I know lots of folks on this site have autistic children and other health conditions.....I think if you take LO at the recommended dose, and you aren't over-exercising, aren't still dehydrated from binges, and don't eat iodine laden fast foods all the time, you'll see a great benefit! It sure is less in side effects than the Rx's for depression, and ADD, and even fibromyalgia, and lymes, and liver dysfunction, and bi-polar disorders, nobody makes you take kidney or liver function, or blood tests reguarly for those Rx's, nor birth control pills either, but read the literature!....lol.....I love the Emergen-C for those days we may overindulge also, tons of C and lots of vits., and the lite formula with MSM or glucosamine, sure helps after a work-out!!!

Comment

lithium orotate

Is it available in health food stores?
              Hugs,
              imatree

Comment

lithium orotate

To work for bipolar mania you need to get blood serum levels far in advice af what this type of Lithium will get you to, hence the reason doctors use carbonate. I just meant be careful, specially if you are drinking. I'm sure it helps lots of people but I had full blown mania and only the heavy stuff can even take the edge off that! I eat sea salt as well, best taste for cooking - all chefs use it.

I guess my concern is with the alcohol side of things - and people on here tend to have an issue with alcohol!

Cheers

Cashy

Comment

lithium orotate

By the way I have blood tests every 2 weeks. And like your site says - don't take fluid tablets or anti inflammatories of any kind (eg ibuprofen)- they can really mess around with the salt (whatever type) levels in your blood.

I just worry about people drinking and taking this I guess - we are not all suffering from mental illness and this wont stop people drinking - and for those who don't have things under control...well I worry

Cheers
                  Cashy
                  xx

Comment

lithium orotate

Oh and i also had liver , kidney and thyroid function tests which will be repeated regularly as Lithium can effect your thyroid as well.

I am a blood bank
                    Cashy

Comment

lithium orotate

Whew, well, I don't think that the 3 tabs per day, are max dose for bi-polar, but it sure helps "getting a grip" and a "handle" on the emotional roller coaster this "ride" puts us on...naturally, I'd be super careful of recommending this to someone with true, manic bad bi-polar disorder, altho, studies show, its 70-80% effective at low doses for it....you can debate taking any med/supp., for any reason...this is safer than most, and I really don't think unless you are totally dehydrated, or on a max. of arthritis meds, etc., that you need to be a pin cushion, but,....that's just my lil ol humble opinion!

Comment

lithium orotate

I think you are right, just not for people like me - unfortunately! I'm sure my P-doc, who is fabulous, would have put me on it if he thought any good would come of it - he is very very open minded - strange for a shrink (I have known a few!).

I am going up on my meds - still have not even reached .2 blood levels yet and am still pretty elevated - am so sick of the agitation - driving me insan (er)!!. Now I dont' have the drink to fall back on, well, just sitting it out is hard.

Cheers

Cashy

Comment

lithium orotate

I remember reading something about this supplement on the website of a nutritionist (maybe a naturopath?) named Krispin. She has a very detailed site. Not sure what I was looking into - maybe PCOS or hypothyroidism. She did mention that the supplement was to be used in VERY minimal amounts - no where near the therapeutic dose for the prescription drug. I might look into this again.

Hugs,
                          Pansy

Comment

lithium orotate

Hi, tough, I have never been diagnosed as bi-polar, but my L.O. arrived 2 days ago, and I definitely don't have any alcohol cravings.

Enlightened by MWO

Comment

lithium orotate

I did do some reading up on this again - I was looking into LO for assistance with insulin resistance where the body cannot use the insulin in the system. So, the insulin floats around making sure you store fat and then plunges your glucose levels so you MUST eat. A dose of 120 mg of LO, once a day, was recommended to increase the ability to use insulin. A connection was also made to alcohol consumption - maybe due to the disturbed glucose metabolism? A similar type of resistance condition was discussed for hypothyroid conditions, in which the body does not utilize thyroid hormone. So, it could be possible for one's body to be producing adequate amounts of thyroid hormone, produce normal test results, yet still have symptoms of hypothyroidism.

Of course, I am NOT a medical doctor so just know that I am only reporting what I read in a very cursory fashion. It's not like I have access to medical journals at the moment! Just thought it was interesting. Most of the sites cautioned that more LO was not better and to stick to a very low dose.

Hugs,
                              Pansy

Comment

Working...
                              X