Oh, Reality

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh, Reality

The reality of cutting back (or quitting, still haven't decided that one yet)-- hit me squarely today.

I had a minor success at something I was trying to do for a while-- I was talking to my folks about it and they said "OK, now go celebrate with a glass of wine".

It felt right. I deserve a bottle of nice wine!

Huh?

Guess I didn't realize how much I equate celebrating milestones with drinkin.

SO THEREFORE today, just for today, I decided to resist that urge and I made some dinner and had a diet coke instead.

Wierd, wierd, wierd. But I'm happy with myself now, as I'm about to go to bed. I think it was the right choice for today.

Hope everyone had a great day!!!

==groovy==
    Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence.
    Talent will not-- nothing is more common than
    unsuccessful people with talent.
    Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb.
    Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts.
    Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent.
    The slogan "press on" has solved and always will solve
    the problems of the human race.
    -- Calvin Coolidge

Oh, Reality

Well done groovychick!!! You resisted because you thought about the after-math if you had drunk. That is how I was able to resist anyway. Thinking of that awful hangover! Owch! Good for you. You will wake up and think yes! I did it and it will booset you self-esteem. Keep going . Bella xxx

Comment

Oh, Reality

Hi Groovychick
      well done on your success......and VERY well done on not drinking. I think you should also praise yourself you didn't allow someone else to persuade you to have a drink - so many times I have blamed other people fo rmaking the suggestion when I have the choice myself to say no.
      Keep up the good work !

x

Comment

Oh, Reality

Good for you Groovychick!!!

Is all too easy to allow a cause for celebration to start us on the booze..........then, before we know it, we`re actually LOOKING for reasons to celebrate.

Good luck.

Starlight Impress

Comment

Working...
        X