Need a buddy!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need a buddy!

I think I need a buddy who is going through the same thing as I to check in with weekly. Obviously we can still chat on the message boards but someone who is kind of in my situation. I would hope to never meet this person though, we would probably only end up going to the bar! Here is my situation, private message me if you want to e-mail or talk once a week.

I'm an alcoholic (ok, should cover a lot of us)
    I am a 30 yr old female
    I have been drinking heaviliy since teens
    I smoke socially
    I want to lose weight
    I am ready to make a change in my life, and not have to rely on alcohol

I don't know who I am without alcohol....

Need a buddy!

Hey sockit,

Looking at your list you have at least 100 buddies right here.

Just keep posting

Purpl.

Comment

Need a buddy!

Hi Sockit2me,
      I can certainly relate to your situation only I am a few years older than you, so been drinking longer! I had weight to lose, but conquered that a couple of years ago when I took the plunge and joined a slimming club, this has given me the boost to think I can conquer the drinking problem, however, not going quite so smoothly.......... smoking, I quit when I had the kids, but still sneak the odd one; hubby would be furious if he knew! I too want to make the change in my life and live without the burden of relying on booze. I need a buddy too! Keep in touch.

Comment

Need a buddy!

Hey Sockittome!

I sent you a private message. Hope to hear from you. I've been active on this site for two days (after reading on and off) and it's really cool. I like the true anonymity of it. Stay strong and we can try to get through together, all of us!

Know what you mean about meeting the person. I'm a bar fly through and through. Have successfully been banned from the two closest to me. Thought it would be a good thing but as we all know; if you wanna drink you're gonna make a plan!

Good luck and hope to chat soon.
        Full is not nearly as heavy as empty, my love...
        Not nearly. -Fiona Apple-

Comment

Need a buddy!

Hi sockitome. Well, like purple said I think you will find MANY buddies around here with lots in common. I just wish I was your age instead of my age. I'd LOVE to do some of those years over LOL!

I feel like the booze has been a real ball and chain in my life for SO long. I want my life back. (and I want to lose weight too!) Are you following part / all / none of the MWO plan or some other plan? I just started the supplements and CD portion of the MWO plan today. I am hoping for my first AF day in a long time. I apologize in advance for everyone here who I am sure to drive crazy today with all my postings - and lots of it already quite repetitive.

Anyway, best wishes to you and I hope that several months from now we are all well on our way to a better place in life.

DG
          Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
          Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Need a buddy!

Hi sockit2me,
            You`ll find tons of friends in a similar situation to yourself here.

Good luck,

Starlight Impress

Comment

Need a buddy!

Hi! I would love to have abuddy through all of this! I'd PM you, but I can't figure out how to actually create a new message (talk about alcohol killing brain cells). I have to leave for work now (where I can't access MWO) but I will catch up later! (I swear I'm not this flippant or ditzy normally, today just seems to be special!)

-N

Comment

Need a buddy!

Hi, today is my first day online here. I need to get sober before I lose my job and husband.

Comment

Need a buddy!

Welcome aboard niki , join the club.

Maybe you want to intoduce yourself on a new thread??

Purpl.

Comment

Need a buddy!

Hi niki and welcome. I'm just getting started on this journey too. I second Purple's suggestion - you will get a hearty welcome if you start a thread to introduce yourself. I look forward to sharing this journey of healing with you.

DG
                    Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                    Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Working...
                    X