Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies in Need - Day 11

Hi all,

Hope you are all ok, contrary to what my mood thingy says I am now "bloated" or maybe "grumpy" (was that one?) as I am now the size of a small out building!! I have to go on a diet today!!!! So here I go, DG and Groovy do you want to join me? I'm not going to follow any specific diet, just going to cut back on fat and get my 5-a-day fruit and veg. I'm going to drag myself to the gym too (yuk)

Have a great day everyone,

Kitty
    Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall.
    Confucius

Newbies in Need - Day 11

Hi Kitty,

Best of luck with the Gym and dont forget the Lycra.!!

Have a good day.

Purple

Comment

Newbies in Need - Day 11

Hi Kitty,

Meow.
      One day at a time.. Sometimes it's one minute or one second at a time.. Most important thing is to look ahead and don't look back!

Comment

Newbies in Need - Day 11

Hi Everyone: Yesterday I was really having feelings: disappointment, sadness, anger, etc. Those are the types of feelings I usually anesthesize w/alcohol, only to feel worse when I sober up. Instead yesterday I coped differently:
        -I hung out w/the feelings & tried to figure them out.
        -I asked God for help.
        -I ate right & relaxed, as necessary.
        -I didn't get into an argument w/my husband when he acted like a jerk.
        -I shared the feelings at an Alanon meeting.
        I got through & even though everything isn't perfect today (is it ever?), I feel better, & I'm not dealing w/a hangover & feelings of shame.

I can only say that I could not have done that yesterday wo/MWO & all of you dear people out there. Thank you very much for letting me know that I can cope wo/alcohol.

Mary
        Wisdom, Courage, Strength
        October 3, 2012

Comment

Newbies in Need - Day 11

Me, too, Mary!!!

I realized much the same last night.

I had only one glass of wine with my soup for dinner at the hotel. (Many AF nights and VERY few drunk ones in the last two months!!!)

I went back to my hotel room and

Experienced 1. Loneliness
          2. Boredom
          3. Anxiety (Worried when the phone rang, thoughts of daughter having DUI)
          4. Inability to sleep well.

I, too, just dealt with them, mostly because of all of you and your support!!

My heart, my brain, my liver AND my soul thank all of you!! :thanks:

Cindi
          AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Newbies in Need - Day 11

Cindi: Good for you. I think every time we get through situations that we used to drink our way through is creating a change within us.

As for your daughter, she has her own path & God is watching over her. Our son has done some pretty risky things...(I don't even want to know about all of them!)...& he came through. Is he recovered? No, but he's better than he was.

Have a great day today. Mary
            Wisdom, Courage, Strength
            October 3, 2012

Comment

Newbies in Need - Day 11

Congratulations Cindi and Mary. It sounds like you both have made major breakthroughs in changing the old patterns (if I'm reading you right!!). Wow I sure hope I can get to that place one day sooner rather than never!

Kitty, I'm right there with you being sick and tired of this extra poundage. It does NOTHING for my self esteem at all. I do best on a low carb plan. LOL - I was thrilled to see your post which was right after I took a dozen eggs off the stove - am going to make some deviled eggs today which is part of starting to make good food choices. We musta been on the same wave.

Hi purple! All women need lycra. The slender ones need it to show off, and I need it for those...um...expansion properties. :durn:

Well, I'm diving in for real today. I listened to the "Clearing" tracks last evening (true to form, I fell asleep just like the instructions warned about!). I also played the "Sleep Learning" one several times over during the night. I am dying to know what is really being said during the sleep learner. That's a little out of sequence since I did NOT do the subliminal one yesterday too - but the instructions also said that anything is better than nothing if you can't do the optimal recommended daily listening.

This morning I started the recommended supplements. I mixed the All One with tomato juice as it is less "sugar" than fruit juices. It's still more carbs than I like right now. Anyone taking all one that is mixing it was a lower sugar (carb) something or other? That probably sounds really picky aka stupid considering the amount of alcohol I generally consume on a daily basis.

My goal for just today is to make it my first AF day in a very long time. Thank you in advance for giving me the support I know I will need once those "noon somewhere" thoughts start kicking in. I'm sure the supplements X1 day and a couple hours of CD listening aren't going to make those desires vanish like a ghost in the night. (don't I wish)

Anyway, I'm sure I'll be back! Have a great day everyone.

DG
              Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
              Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Newbies in Need - Day 11

Good morning Kitty, purple, change, retteacher, cindi and all to come.

Kitty, am not AF......yet!!!!, but can imagine how tempting it is to replace the alcohol with naughty but nice goodies. So, I guess healthy eating and exercise is the only way to arrive at and maintain an ideal weight. Good luck to you.

Mary and Cindi.........you did wonderfully yesterday. I think if we could just learn to really relax and show ourselves a generous dollop of T.L.C., we would learn to address and overcome most of our alcohol triggers.

Purple and change...........hope things are going well for you.

Guess I`ll be on the wine tonight..........don`t really give a toss at the moment..........am off to buy a digital pest repellant..........just posted in General how I suspect a rodent has taken up residence in my home...........I can`t manage to be calm and laugh it off.........am dreadfully upset and scared..........

Sorry for being on a `downer`............I just can`t cope with stuff like this...........insects, rodents etc..........they all freak me out!!!!

Hope you all have a good day.

Starlight Impress

Comment

Newbies in Need - Day 11

Good luck for today, Doggygirl.

Starlight Impress

Comment

Newbies in Need - Day 11

Hi starlight,

That'll teach you for starting decorating, probably disturbed the little critters. Dont be too despondant, we had meeses in our place last year but soon got rid of them with the help of a few traps and chocolate. Yes they do like chocolate and NOT cheese.

Best of Luck and keep off the vino.

Purple..

Comment

Newbies in Need - Day 11

Hi Starlight - and Change too!

I'm sorry to hear about your mouse problem. They give me the heebee jeebies. We've got farm fields not too far from us so as soon as the cold weather hits they get in our house and also our camper. If the digital pest thing is what I'm thinking of - they make a high pitch sound that the mice can hear, but humans can't - worked really well in our camper last winter. We can't use them in the house though because the dogs CAN hear it and it makes them crazy. I hope that gets rid of your unwanted guest!

DG
                      Sobriety Date = 5/22/08

One day at a time.

Comment

Newbies in Need - Day 11

I can`t risk coming face-to-face with a real live rodent purple...........am s******* my lycra drawers!!! LOL/NO LOL

Starlight Impress

Comment

Newbies in Need - Day 11

Starlight,

Oh No, you may have to get a man in !! ie a ratcatcher, but do not wear your lycra when he arrives LOL..

Comment

Newbies in Need - Day 11

Well done Mary and Cindi, and good luck DG for today.

Starlight sorry to hear about your rodent problem, I bet that is quite distressing for you hope the repellant does the trick.

We'll I woke up a bit down this morning but now I'm all excited. After years of thinking about it I have finally set the wheels in motion for taking a degree in Psychcology. It will be with the Open University part time so will take me some time to complete but at least it's a start.

I'm going to try and get some financial support with it while I'm still unemployed or I'll have to ask my grandma for a loan. Now I want to change my mood thingy to opimistic but can't

Kitty
                            Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall.
                            Confucius

Comment

Newbies in Need - Day 11

Kitty that is awesome news!! Best wishes with getting some financial aid so you don't have to borrow for tuition. Sounds like a great positive new direction.

DG
                              Sobriety Date = 5/22/08

One day at a time.

Comment

Working...
                              X