Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can I share something to?

:rollin

I am still a bit out of control with this one!!

:rollin

Anyway, to explain ...

My 8 year old daughter started at a new school a few months ago. Each Monday, she brings her homework diary home and it has things she has listed in it (copied from the board) ie

15 minutes reading out loud
    Practice spelling words

and after all that was always

ask Mum or Dad to sing

I thought, well, thats a novel thing to do! So, there we were every Monday after tea, with me belting out a song or two. Then, this week, the homework diary comes home and there it is the usual list but this time the teacher has made a correction .....

ask mum or dad to sing
    (?) SIGN!

SHE WAS ASKING US TO SIGN THE HOMEWORK EACH MONDAY NOT SING TO THE CHILD!!!!!!

:rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin

lol

Comment

That is so cute!

Comment

I love it, love it, Annie!!!
        Singing to her is a much better reward than than darn signature we have to do all the time!!!
        Boy, though... hope your daughter didn't get too many "missed or late homework" notices because of the lack of signatures!:rollin

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. I just had to step away from the computer to get my almost 8 yr old son on the bus. Was emptying out his backpack and he had his "ME BOOK" in there. First page "Things that bug me" #1 "When my mom kisses me too much" others, "when my brother tattles on me, when my friend messes with me, when my teacher makes me work!"....... BUT MAN
        ...guess my days of PDA to my once snuggly little boy are over.:rolleyes whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!
        Sorry Annie! Guess I'll start SINGING to him for REVENGE!!!
        Becca

Comment

Annie.... I'll bet thats why the teacher finally caught the spelling mistake she made.... your 8 y/o was probably telling his teacher how you "belt it out" after homework every night, but never sign anything!!! :rollin

Keep a journal of these things... they are so cute!

Keep singing anyway....that cant be a bad thing!!

Allie

Comment

Oh how funny thanks so much for the big smile you gave to me! Lefty in Asia

Comment

That is just the most adorable story ever!!! That is one to write down somewhere so you never, ever forget, and you can tell it to your child over and over later in life. I have so many stories like that when my kids were little (they are now teens) and they still bring a smile to my face when ever I think of them. You need to share that with the teacher as well!!!

Thanks for sharing that with me, and all the rest of us....It made my day. No kidding!! If I have the urge to drink tonight, I will think of that, which will remind me of my kids, which will remind me of why I want to stay sober...so I thank you on so many levels.

Have a great day!!

Beth

Comment

all right, now you have got me started, and I have to share one too. When my son was about 3, he was visiting with my mom (his grandmom), and my sister (his aunt). Grandmom was making sandwiches, and asked him..."would you like munster cheese, or swiss cheese?". Well, of course, at 3 years old he didn't have a clue. However, his aunt, a pre-school teacher, in her early educational wisdom, re-phrased the question...."matthew, honey, would you rather have the cheese with the holes or without the holes?". At this point, with clear understanding, my son replied....."oh!, I wan't the cheese without the holes (like...duh)... I like to make my own holes!!!"

Just had to share. Don't get me started. I could go on and on. Love the mom stuff!

Comment

These kids stories not only make me laugh, but warm my heart. I love it...thanks for sharing. I miss those days of having little ones, mine are teenagers now.
                  Miss Layla

Comment

Too cute!

Comment

I love these stories!!! So precious!! I have one too...my all time favorite...my daughter now 14...when she was 3 I was running errands and people were cutting me off in the parking lot and I got frustrated and said "OH...These people are driving me nuts!"

After the trip inside the store, we got back in the car and drove away and a little voice said from the back seat..."Mommy, are you still driving on your nuts?" I nearly died laughing. :lol :lol :lol

Keep the stories coming!!

Hope

Comment

Hysterically funny! All of the little children stories. Just love em!!

One of my fave's is my youngest, at 3, I asked him if he wanted a dried apricot. His response was, "Nooo! I don't even like the wet ones!"

Annie, you made my day!

Hugs,
                        Mary

Comment

I'm so glad to have shared that with you all!! As for sharing it with the teacher well....... won't she think I'm a bit batty?

As for sending my daughter in with unsigned homework, well, that wasn't the case because ..... wait for it, after my singing routine, my daughter made me sign her homework book - she had heard her teacher say that the parents had to sign the book and she thought I had to sign to say that I had SUNG. My God...... I think it's genetic!!!!!!!:rollin

Who needs sitcoms?:lol

Comment

Working...
                          X