Page 2 of 44 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 437
  1. #11
    Registered User. satz123's Avatar

    Join Date;
    6th May, 2009.
    Location;
    IRELAND.
    Posts;
    17,038.
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: International Army June 2020

    The BLM solidarity march in Dublin today...in a covid -19 pandemic....Looks to me like no lives matter .....I GIVE UP ...who let this happen...and what were the last 3 months about.. why did people die alone, weddings cancelled, grandparents unable to see kids, jobs lost , seeing my mother behind bars etc to stop the spread? Back to square one FFS !




    @JackieClaire sorry to hear that about S&H.
    Furloughed usually a temporary layoff from work.People who get furloughed usually get to return to their job after a furlough.
    Last edited by satz123; June 2nd, 2020 at 03:46 AM.
    Benji ....
    Doing it my way

    .... the joy of being sober never gets old !!

  2. Likes fickle liked this post
  3. #12
    Forum Subscriber. IamMary's Avatar

    Join Date;
    14th June, 2015.
    Posts;
    3,572.
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: International Army June 2020

    Quote Originally Posted by satz123 View Post
    The BLM solidarity march in Dublin today...in a covid -19 pandemic....Looks to me like no lives matter .....I GIVE UP ...who let this happen...and what were the last 3 months about.. why did people die alone, weddings cancelled, grandparents unable to see kids, jobs lost , seeing my mother behind bars etc to stop the spread? Back to square one FFS !
    Mental

    AH I am sorry to hear that @JackieClaire. WHo could have predicted this mess.. He's a smart lad, fingers crossed.

    Going to youtube Dr now.. cos I nosey. Avoiding bed, because its a work day tomorrow again.
    AF - July 19th 2015

  4. Likes fickle liked this post
  5. #13
    Registered User. satz123's Avatar

    Join Date;
    6th May, 2009.
    Location;
    IRELAND.
    Posts;
    17,038.
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: International Army June 2020

    NOW I'M PISSED OFF !!!!
    Night
    Benji ....
    Doing it my way

    .... the joy of being sober never gets old !!

  6. #14
    Registered User. satz123's Avatar

    Join Date;
    6th May, 2009.
    Location;
    IRELAND.
    Posts;
    17,038.
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: International Army June 2020

    x post Mers - why should we bother if they are allowed to do this ????
    Benji ....
    Doing it my way

    .... the joy of being sober never gets old !!

  7. #15
    Registered User. byebyebridgetjones's Avatar

    Join Date;
    13th May, 2009.
    Location;
    Australia.
    Posts;
    15,375.
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: International Army June 2020

    Oh you are frigging joking now...

    The dingos here will be doing the same thing first chance that they get @satz123 That's why I want re-opening to be delayed (apart from the fact that I like isolation) Some people hear 'relaxing of measures' as 'go hard and forget it ever happened'

    I'm so sorry to hear about the little soldier (they are always our kiddies) JC. Employment issues are such a worry.

    Oh dear - the US!
    If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
    Rejoined life 20/5/19

  8. Likes fickle liked this post
  9. #16
    Forum Subscriber. mollyka's Avatar

    Join Date;
    2nd March, 2009.
    Location;
    Ireland.
    Posts;
    2,270.
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: International Army June 2020

    Oh dear is right Bridge..all so sad..

    Morning all..didn't sleep last night..think it's underlying anxiety about my world starting up again..really looking forward to going out to work...but...nervous..
    To paraphrase Gerry Adams 'the virus hasn't gone away you know'...if I knew the workplace and workmates I'm going to be in and with I'd be fine...but the likes of SmellyJohn??? Can't wash his body unlikely to wash his hands!!
    Ahhh just moaning...hate the unknown
    Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
    contentedly NF since 8/04/14

  10. Likes fickle liked this post
  11. #17
    Registered User. satz123's Avatar

    Join Date;
    6th May, 2009.
    Location;
    IRELAND.
    Posts;
    17,038.
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: International Army June 2020

    Quote Originally Posted by mollyka View Post
    Oh dear is right Bridge..all so sad..

    Morning all..didn't sleep last night..think it's underlying anxiety about my world starting up again..really looking forward to going out to work...but...nervous..
    To paraphrase Gerry Adams 'the virus hasn't gone away you know'...if I knew the workplace and workmates I'm going to be in and with I'd be fine...but the likes of SmellyJohn??? Can't wash his body unlikely to wash his hands!!
    Ahhh just moaning...hate the unknown
    Ah Molls you are not alone there.
    You'll be fine - just get over the firdt hour.

    I get like that every Friday eve now that I'm only working weekends. Sleep badly without knowing why - I discovered it's that underlying anxiety not knowing what I'm going into.
    It's 'the fear' my DD talks about on Sunday eve X 1000
    Don't worry about the virus - it's on the wane. Just get a mask & wear it.
    Sanitising wipes to clean YOUR work area & you are good to go.

    Managers should now have a protocol that all staff must follow - if they don't - tell them.
    Last edited by satz123; June 2nd, 2020 at 03:34 AM.
    Benji ....
    Doing it my way

    .... the joy of being sober never gets old !!

  12. Likes fickle liked this post
  13. #18
    Forum Subscriber. mollyka's Avatar

    Join Date;
    2nd March, 2009.
    Location;
    Ireland.
    Posts;
    2,270.
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: International Army June 2020

    Quote Originally Posted by satz123 View Post
    Ah Molls you are not alone there.
    You'll be fine - just get over the firdt hour.

    I get like that every Friday eve now that I'm only working weekends. Sleep badly without knowing why - I discovered it's that underlying anxiety not knowing what I'm going into.
    It's 'the fear' my DD talks about on Sunday eve X 1000
    Don't worry about the virus - it's on the wane. Just get a mask & wear it.
    Sanitising wipes to clean YOUR work area & you are good to go.

    Managers should now have a protocol that all staff must follow - if they don't - tell them.
    Oh I know - and I am irrational about it - as it's the public service they'll have to follow the protocol to a T --- but.....

    yeah -- omg -- THE FEAR??!!! I remember THAT!!! Jilly was with a pal at the weekend and they went on the lash -- well -- in the garden sort of -- and she has literally been dying since Sunday -- jeezUS --- what did we do to ourselves?? deffo don't miss that 'scared' feeling!!
    Is your nursing home completely clear now? and how's your mum?
    Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
    contentedly NF since 8/04/14

  14. Likes fickle liked this post
  15. #19
    Forum Subscriber. JackieClaire's Avatar

    Join Date;
    5th September, 2008.
    Location;
    England.
    Posts;
    37,884.
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: International Army June 2020

    Morning and waves to the world,

    I understand completely. I don't even have to go anywhere and 'the fear' is there......
    Then there's confusion..................most of the time I don't know if I'm within guidelines or outside of guidelines.

    I've more than made my mind up to go back and volunteer with the drug & alcohol services...........they're not taking anyone on at the moment. I love addicts.

    A wee smile.............. Jenny's school has taken their first year 6 in............the teacher was having problems explaining what social distancing is so she came up with the bright idea of asking them to imagine there's a giant panda between them.............its worked like a dream.
    It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

  16. Likes fickle liked this post
  17. #20
    Registered User. satz123's Avatar

    Join Date;
    6th May, 2009.
    Location;
    IRELAND.
    Posts;
    17,038.
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: International Army June 2020

    Yep we are clear & things starting to ease - visits in the garden etc.

    My mother is in flying form 'what virus' ?
    She is 90 on 20/6/20 so was hoping by then restrictions will be loosened.

    But not if the likes of yesterday is allowed ....... that's worse than one man in UK travelling 260mls.
    Those 5000 people were not all living within 5k - did anyone police that ?
    MAkes me SO MAD

    But ye know there is possibly a reasonable explanation ..... we'll see.
    Last edited by satz123; June 2nd, 2020 at 04:09 AM.
    Benji ....
    Doing it my way

    .... the joy of being sober never gets old !!

  18. Likes fickle liked this post

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •